Buckeyes Rebirth

dmhtfld

Seeing as there has been alot of controversy at Ohio State as of late, I figured they needed a "rebirth" and thats when I came up with these uniforms. I made a template for the new revo 360 helmet and also used a new jersey cut that i thought of.

PSDFOOTBALL-2.png

I'd add the stipes from the gray pants to the helmet, make it a more complete look. I'd also add an outline to the "O" when it comes to all applications (gray outline on the white background "O" and white outline on the gray background.)

Finally, definitely change the number font, or at least simplify it.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Ill work on the changes that you guys said tomorrow. Im planning on putting the stripes on the helmet and getting rid of the gradient. I will also see how the logo looks with a stroke around it but i dont know if im going to change it.

OK... lets hit it step by step.

1.) The scarlet is way too bright.

2.) The gray is way too dark.

3.) The helmet doesn't need to change... its one of the top 3 helms in the BCS.

4.) The number word for Virginia Tech, and only Virginia Tech.

5.) The all white look... looks terrible for Ohio State.

6.) High socks should be for the NFL, not the BCS.

That's it for now.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

This is not valid criticism. This is basically critiquing it as if it was your concept, or based on your opinions, not critiquing it based on the artist's concept. It is true that the execution is lacking, however there are plenty of valid points that could be made to either improve the execution of the concept, or explain why sticking with the original would be better. Simply "it's one of the top 3" or "their helmet can't change" or "it's da best!!!" is not helpful. This isn't just you, you just happened to be the last post.

As for the concept, the numbers simply don't go with any other part of it. Plus, they look like they have dicks. Especially the 0. This is one of those cases where the current modern trend of being minimal would help this out a lot. Keep it basic. If you want a custom font as opposed to using standard block, make one that's based on that "O" logo. It might end up looking too much like MLB Block though. Also, if you think that's too simple, maybe try to experiment with a charcoal drop shadow on the numbers of both jerseys. Or... try charcoal numbers on the white. Both of these ideas might suck ass though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Im trying to make a major change for the school, hence the "Rebirth" but basically you guys are saying that I should just do a concept and make it the exact same as the Buckeyes current uniform. I understand the CnC but this is just me trying to do something fresh without thinking about the history of OSU's uniforms.

• 3 weeks later...

This is not valid criticism. This is basically critiquing it as if it was your concept, or based on your opinions, not critiquing it based on the artist's concept. It is true that the execution is lacking, however there are plenty of valid points that could be made to either improve the execution of the concept, or explain why sticking with the original would be better. Simply "it's one of the top 3" or "their helmet can't change" or "it's da best!!!" is not helpful. This isn't just you, you just happened to be the last post.

As for the concept, the numbers simply don't go with any other part of it. Plus, they look like they have dicks. Especially the 0. This is one of those cases where the current modern trend of being minimal would help this out a lot. Keep it basic. If you want a custom font as opposed to using standard block, make one that's based on that "O" logo. It might end up looking too much like MLB Block though. Also, if you think that's too simple, maybe try to experiment with a charcoal drop shadow on the numbers of both jerseys. Or... try charcoal numbers on the white. Both of these ideas might suck ass though.

I....I don't see a penis. Get your mind out of the gutter. :D

But the number font does not fit well here, in my opinion. The "O" helmet font is simple, so keep the number font simple, as well. I can't say I hate anything else, though. However, if I were you, I would lighten the tone of gray just a bit.

Archived