2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be much more comfortable if this game was in Montreal.

Not me. Nothing generally goes right up there.

I'd be more comfortable if Thomas wasn't kneeling on the ground before every blast.

(Actually, every goalie does this. Who teaches them this? I could be a 50 goal scorer in the league.

Just shoot over their shoulders.)

sig-1.png

:censored: P.K. Subban

Truth. I want a GIF of his pathetic little sissy move, that dive earlier where he not only fell down on his own, but also managed to rip out Campbell's stick. OF COURSE he gets the tying goal. Ass.

But, seriously, this is almost comical. I almost don't want to get too hung up on this. Who knows when a phantom high sticking call (even though it was god damn retarded for Bergy to be swinging at his face anyway) or boarding call on a play 5 feet from the boards will come. Who knows when Chara will lose his balance and give up a breakaway. Who knows if any of that will happen to Montreal and we lose on a shorthander because Krejci misses an open net and gives it away. If history has any relevance, this will not end well. I don't know whether to believe this team can break the mold and win a Game 7. Hey, truthfully, I think they can.

I wish I was 21.

:censored: it. Get me a drink.

I'm calling it right now. The Canadiens are going to capitalize on the Bruins making simple hockey mistakes. Either the forwards will (again) easily go around the Bruins defensemen or a Hab will be wide open in the slot and roof it on Thomas.

How do I know this? Well, it happened in 2009. And then again in 2010. And then again in the first few games of this series.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Sooo, Henrik saying essentially the same thing Toews did after game 3 is somehow classless now? Maybe you Hawks fan should take it as a compliment that he's taking a page from your captain's playbook.

And he's right anyways, when you're up 3-0 on a team in a series, the other team has no business getting back in the series if the team with the lead has its act together.

Also, Nucks - Preds starting tomorrow at 6pm Pacific is silly, but I guess HNIC wants its Saturday game.

"They had no business being in the series," Sedin said. "We outplayed them badly for five games." - Henrik Sedin

Maybe some class and humility would suit them better?

What a douche.

In so many words.

And Kane or Toews wouldn't do the same? Yeah, sure. He was asked a question, and gave an honest answer as opposed to dancing around it and saying "well yeah, they played well" - no the Blackhawks played 2 decent games. That's it. It's a rivalry. It's what happens in a rivalry. Deal with it, and stop complaining with all of your sour grapes. You won the :censored:ing Stanley Cup last year. Shut the hell up already. We don't feel sorry for the Blackhawks, or Blackhawks fans. At all.

Tell us how you really feel. Toews and Kane were extremely humble and gave the Canucks credit last night after the game. If you recall last the last few times the Blackhawks denied the Canucks, the blackhawk stars were classy and humble even in victory. The only guys that would talk smack are 1) mouthy fans like myself, and 2)adam burish/ben eager, who aren't on the team anymore.

Nice way to use "we" instead of "I," I didn't know you represented Everyone, right on. I didn't get that memo. Not sure what you're going for there but hey, *thumbs up* you have fun.

We means "collective rest of hockey fans including those who have already voiced their opinion and are sick and tired of 'Hawks fans' bitching and whining, specifically yours, after last night.

no the Blackhawks played 2 decent games. That's it.

No it's not. The Blackhawks blew the Canucks out in two games, won a close game, lost three close games, and sucked in the first game. Did you sit down and watch the series at all? Hawks are a sudden death goal away from splattering the franchise's brains on the pavement, inexcusable turnover leads to a goal, and now it's "oh ho ho, this series was really 5-2 if you ask me." What crap.

Shh, we won the stanley cup last year, we're not allowed to gripe about anything ever again. Just let them enjoy this.

:rolleyes:

Take this with a grain of salt. I'm a Blue Jackets fan rooting for the Canucks because they've just played Chicago, are playing Nashville, and would be playing Detroit most likely if they win. The 3 teams I happen to hate the most in the Western Conference, and for good reason. Plus the fact that I have family friends in Vancouver, that my best friend is a Canucks fan, and that they haven't won and they've been around for 40 seasons is why I'm rooting for them in the playoffs.

The only reason the Blackhawks were in this series was because of the phenomenal play of Corey Crawford, specifically these last two games. The Blackhawks got seriously outworked in the last two games of the series, and as all of you Blackhawks fans even pissed up a storm about, were outworked significantly in the first three games as well. That means that the Canucks outplayed the Hawks in 5 of the 7 games. Don't give me the whole "close games" :censored:, if that's the case, why were you so up in arms about the performances in Games 2 and 3?

Oh, and yeah, the fans of teams that have never won Stanley Cups are really annoyed with this whole "oh boo hoo 'Hawks lost" thing you've been pulling, CS85. You won the Cup last year. Don't act like it's the end of the world.

I don't really feel like discussing this too much, because I am perfectly at peace with the Blackhawks losing.

That being said, this is a horrible argument. The goalie is the most important player on the ice. So by definition, if he plays well, the team as a whole is doing the same. You can't just blame the game on the forwards and their inability if the freaking goalie is keeping them in the game. HE IS THE TEAM! If Crawford isnt getting outplayed, then the Blackhawks aren't getting outplayed.

Go Bulls?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

So if Boston wins does Andrew Ference get a suspension?

The hit reminded me of the Steckel on Crosby and if there wasn't one there (Shouldn't have been anyway) I doubt Ference would get one as Halpern is still in the game.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived