2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

For as good as the first round was this second round sure has been a snoozer. We could see three sweeps and a 5 game series. Let's hope the conference finals are a little more competitive.

Although we're still overall seeing some good games. All of the games in the Tampa/Washington series did come down to the second half of the third period, the Sharks/Wings series has seen three one-goal games, and the Canucks/Preds series has been down to the end in all 4 games. Sure we could see three sweeps and a 5 game series, but outside of Philly/Boston, these games are actually competitive.

True but it would be more fun if the series themselves were as close as the games. I've really enjoyed the Nashville-Vancouver series and as long as the Sharks take out the wings like they should then ill be happy with any of the remaining teams winning the cup.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the games have been very good, but they've been all one sided. I believe that all of these series started last Friday, so basically this round has a chance to last 8 days.

And this may be a little stupid, but will there be like a week off for the 4 teams that win if it's all locked up by tomorrow? Or would they start the conference finals during the week?

I'm still wondering through all this debate, why no one has brought up George McPhee who is the guy who brought in the coach and these players? Why isn't his job being examined. I blame him more than the players. Oh, and to say Ovechkin is a choker is a joke. I just think they have the wrong mix of players and that's the GM and scouts fault.

I'm still wondering through all this debate, why no one has brought up George McPhee who is the guy who brought in the coach and these players? Why isn't his job being examined. I blame him more than the players. Oh, and to say Ovechkin is a choker is a joke. I just think they have the wrong mix of players and that's the GM and scouts fault.

McPhee has made his share of questionable decisions for sure. I'd just like to see what another coach can get out of this group of players.

You're right though, Ovechkin is not the problem around here. Yeah he tries to do too much but the guys got heart and he cares about this team and he wants to win. His performance is not the problem.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Refs don't like to "determine the outcome" in the playoffs.

Like calling penalties in OT like they did against Weber, Burrows, and Setoguchi and probably others I'm not recalling?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Chants of "We Want Tampa" in Boston. And they're gonna get them.

Bruins/Lightning should be an awesome series.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So quick question. Since the ECF has now been decided, are they going to start playing it immediately, or do they wait for the WCF to be determined first?

They wait. They might announce when the series would start, but it wouldn't be until next week. Probably from Wednesday/Thursday on.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived