NHL Edge Re-Do

dbroncofan01

Nashville- yes

Columbus- NO!!!!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Florida is great.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

These just take all of Reebok's flaws and exaggerate them

Yes and no. The whole point of this is to re-do the Edge jerseys IN CONTEXT.

To make it so that the Reebok launch was palatable.

This series is successful if it 1) looks better than the original Edge launch, and 2) looks like Reebok designed it in 2007.

They're supposed to look like Rbk crap, that's the point, but better RBK crap.

I think the actual benchmark of "what makes this a good concept or not" is "is it better than the RBK release?"

Washington is about the same. Those current caps jerseys have really grown on me. I think if you swap blue and white on the red jersey, and swap the blue and red on the white jersey, you'll have something more true to the caps, but that's a pretty good concept.

Tampa Bay and Florida are awesome. Perfect. Successes on both.

Carolina looks terrible...but I'd bet Reebok would have put something like that out. the Ree-box is a nice touch.

Atlanta could use some tweaking, I like the template, but the color selection for each piece could be better. What might improve that, I don't know. But it's Atlanta. What can ya do?

Keep going, this is an interesting series now that you've gotten going.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Next up is the Norhteast division. With this division I didnt even bother to touch the Canadiens because their unis are already the best in the NHL and maybe the best in all of sports. Im sure not even Reebok would change anything given full control over the design. Boston, Buffalo and Toronto's concepts are inspired by their looks from the 90's but with the edge twist. Ottawa is inspired by their current alts, I just cleaned them up a bit removed the dumb nickname word mark.

Some of these may be a step down from current looks, but thats not the point of this series. The point of the series is what I would do given control of Reeboks Edge design process.

Thanks for the comments (good and bad) and keep them coming!

TORAWAY.png

TORHOME.png

SENSHOME.png

SENSAWAY.png

BUFFHOME.png

BUFFAWAY.png

BOSHOME.png

BOSAWAY.png

Broncos-Sig-2.gif

I'm sorry, but that Bruins concept is terrible. It is a major downgrade from what they currently wear. I feel that a team with so much history should have a classic look, which you completely threw out the window.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Some of these may be a step down from current looks, but thats not the point of this series. The point of the series is what I would do given control of Reeboks Edge design process.

So if you were given control of Reebok's design process, you'd make sure the designs were significantly worse? This is why this series makes no sense. Also the template you used for the Senators didn't exist until a year after the initial Edge batch was released. Highly unlikely it was available for the launch. The same goes for the Sabres which coincidentally is the only upgrade here (pretty hard to do worse than the slug though).

Archived