Help with a Blog Project?

raysox

http://stadiaarcadia.blogspot.com/2011/04/summer-mlb-tour.html

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but I run a blog for stadiums. Pretty much any stadium news I hear, any stadiums I see, or stadiums visited by me or one of my friends(Bmac, TC, and Sizemore). Since I've seen a lot of stadiums already, and realistically, I can only grade 5 stadiums this summer, I decided to do a summer project on the blog.

What kind of guy hasn't thought of taking a country wide MLB tour? Well, a lot, but I have. So my plan would be do a tour interviewing real fans about their stadiums. I will ask them things such as, experience, first game you remember, what makes it special, best moment you've seen, then I'm thinking of asking for a picture of the person at the stadium.

I know a lot of people travel, but I'm looking for fans of the team, so I'd look for people like TFoA and BucFan to do the Braves and Giants.

Would anyone be interested in helping me?

I could do something with Great American Ball Park and the Reds.

Also, if you want international stadia, I went on a tour of Allianz Arena (Bayern Munchen/FC Munchen 1860) last summer when I was in Germany and Austria (can also do Olympic Stadium in Munich as well).

I'm always at the Rogers centre for something or another. Baseball, concert, trade show, ect.

I wouldn't mind to help you out if you'd like.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

TFoA is the perfect guy to do the Braves. But keep in mind that I have been to Turner Field several times myself (including the first regular season game there) So if you want to add more to the story from another huge Braves fan, I'll share some of my experiences there with you.

Another thing to keep in mind is that I live in Southern California so I have been to every stadium out here and can add some perspective to those stories as well. Just call on me when you need me. It's the least I can do for all you have done to help me with my project.

I could do Miller Park as I've went there as a fan for games, a concert: Farm Aid, the opening house, worked there for a couple of years and many, many other events that I went to or followed regarding the building of it too. I've also done quite a bit of amateur research online about the place.

packchampionslfroh.png

I could do something with Great American Ball Park and the Reds.

Also, if you want international stadia, I went on a tour of Allianz Arena (Bayern Munchen/FC Munchen 1860) last summer when I was in Germany and Austria (can also do Olympic Stadium in Munich as well).

Sure, the Reds would be great. As far as the European stadiums, that could be a cool other post. You're an architect, so you'd have some good insight.

Mykl, I've been to over half of the MLB stadiums. I can start doing more of them if you want me to. If I find the time, should I just start doing some?

Idk, maybe. I'm trying to do the big fans that go to like 10+ a year. Maybe set of report cards, but we'll see.

I could do Miller Park as I've went there as a fan for games, a concert: Farm Aid, the opening house, worked there for a couple of years and many, many other events that I went to or followed regarding the building of it too. I've also done quite a bit of amateur research online about the place.

That would be excellent!

I'm going to the Cubs game tomorrow at Wrigley. I could do a report thing for you since I tend to disagree with what it previously scored. If not, I wouldnt mind writing just a casual article about the charm of the stadium. Very cool blog though, looks like a lot of time was put into it. Keep it up

EDIT: If youre doing basketball/hockey stadiums, I would for sure do the United Center. I've been there for Bulls games, Hawks games, NCAA basketball games, high school state championship hockey games, and concerts there all within the past year

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I'm going to the Cubs game tomorrow at Wrigley. I could do a report thing for you since I tend to disagree with what it previously scored. If not, I wouldnt mind writing just a casual article about the charm of the stadium. Very cool blog though, looks like a lot of time was put into it. Keep it up

EDIT: If youre doing basketball/hockey stadiums, I would for sure do the United Center. I've been there for Bulls games, Hawks games, NCAA basketball games, high school state championship hockey games, and concerts there all within the past year

Yeah, Bmac did that report card. I went there a few years ago, so I know kind of what hes talking about. But you would be perfect for the stadium tour, saying what makes it special and whatnot.

But the Bulls and Hawks would be a really sweet.

I'd be happy to help out with Progressive Field. Also, I don't know if this is part of your project but, back in the day I went to a lot of games at old Tiger Stadium and Cleveland Municipal Stadium.

BB52Big.jpg

For some clarification, should I be just writing whatever comes to me about Wrigley? And for the United Center, should I do it in the format you have for your Report Cards or is it the same thing as what I'm putting together for Wrigley?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

For some clarification, should I be just writing whatever comes to me about Wrigley? And for the United Center, should I do it in the format you have for your Report Cards or is it the same thing as what I'm putting together for Wrigley?

I'm gonna write a criteria post for the MLB parks, then once it gets around I'll PM you so you can fill it out. I'll tell you about the report cards in a PM if you want to do it

A few years ago ESPN Page 2 had a series written by two guys who visited every MLB stadium that summer. It was really good, and from what I remember, covered everything from prices to accessibility, food to sightlines, and even friendliness of staff/ushers when trying to upgrade your own seat. I will see if I can find the link.

EDIT:

I Found the link here: http://espn.go.com/page2/s/neel/030910.html

The original article was written by Eric Neel in 2005, and Jim Caple added the two new parks (San Diego and Philadelphia) that opened the next season.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• 2 weeks later...

I made this up, but here is what I will ask you when being interviewed for the Summer Road trip.

Name:

Team:

Stadium:

How many times a year do you make it to a game?:

What is your favorite part of the ballpark?:

What makes the games special?:

Favorite memory at the stadium?:

Picture of you:

I'd be willing to help out with the Angels.

I'm off school and back home now. I should be getting out to my first game of the season there next week.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'd be willing to help out with the Angels.

I'm off school and back home now. I should be getting out to my first game of the season there next week.

You got it man.

Fishheatcats did the first one tonight for the Marlins. To see what the posts will be like

http://stadiaarcadia.blogspot.com/2011/05/mlb-summer-tour-sun-life-stadium.html

Archived