Powder Blue Rams?

Krona

A Rams fan, but never heard about this one...wonder if it was the current vegas gold? if its athletic gold, it sounds a lot like the eagles throwbacks. this would have been a weird twist to the rams uni history for sure:

When we changed our color scheme in 2000, we actually considered many different possibilities, 15 to 20 combinations or so.

Mrs. Frontiere?s [team owner Georgia Frontiere] favorite color was powder blue, think UCLA, a color she used to wear all of the time. She thought the Rams would look great in this color and wanted to see some examples. So we made up some powder blue helmets with gold horns and gold helmets with powder blue horns, which she loved.

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/

bring on the concepts....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*pauses*

:puke:

I'm so glad she doesn't own the team anymore. And was overruled here.

/Carry on.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Light blue and gold. If adjusted to the right shades (think the old pacific blue the San Diego Chargers used in the '60s, and the current gold used by the Tulsa Golden Hurricane & Florida State Seminoles football teams), I don't think I would have minded that at all. If nothing else, it'd have definitely been unique.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Are we all forgetting that this combo can work?

capt.ad545c228c1f44d1a10e4552ab0fcc0b.ucla_preview_football_la109.jpg

Yeah, I really don't get why people are complaining at all. The above picture is a wonderful representation of how well that Pacific/powder/Columbia/light blue and old gold work together. Sure, there are ways to design a uniform/helment poorly with those colors, but the combination itself is very sharp.

Light blue and gold. If adjusted to the right shades (think the old pacific blue the San Diego Chargers used in the '60s, and the current gold used by the Tulsa Golden Hurricane & Florida State Seminoles football teams), I don't think I would have minded that at all. If nothing else, it'd have definitely been unique.

Thank God some on this board refrain from lumping all the Chargers' shades of blue under "powder blue." Don't know why it annoys me so much but it does. On NFL Network's "Top 10 Uniforms" all these "experts" go on and on and on about "powder blue" without seemingly any clue that it's not the same as the original Pacific Blue (which IMO is a much better look than Powder Blue).

Even their AFL 50th Anniversary throwbacks were supposedly inspired by the '63 Chargers, which according to the Chargers' own website wasn't Powder Blue. :rolleyes:

4766538.jpg

Back on topic, a UCLA-style combo would have worked nicely for the Rams.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I worked with a guy who was part of the focus group that was utilized when the Rams were working through the uniform overhaul (this was in 1998). In addition to the proposed changes Hewitt mentions, there were also prototype helmets displayed that incorporated pinstriping as an outline for the Ram horn decal. These proposals were apparently quickly dismissed as gilding the lily - no pun intended.

Unfortunately, I don't think the shade of blue is the problem with the Rams drab uniforms. It's that disgusting 49er gold.

I thought it was Saints gold. :P

Seriously though. Saying that the Rams weren't allowed to switch to gold would be like saying other teams can't wear blue because the NY Giants wear blue. :therock:

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Unfortunately, I don't think the shade of blue is the problem with the Rams drab uniforms. It's that disgusting 49er gold.

Seriously though. Saying that the Rams weren't allowed to switch to gold would be like saying other teams can't wear blue because the NY Giants wear blue. :therock:

He's not saying they weren't allowed. He's suggesting that by going away from athletic gold to the same(ish) gold the 49ers use currently is what's making the Rams' uniforms/helmets appear drab. I tend to agree. Replacing the 49er gold with athletic gold would render a very navy and gold heavy combination. That would then distinguish them from the Chargers who seem to be more predominantly navy and white (with light blue and gold accents). (Is there anyone I'm leaving out in the navy and athletic gold thing? I feel like I am.)

He's not saying they weren't allowed. He's suggesting that by going away from athletic gold to the same(ish) gold the 49ers use currently is what's making the Rams' uniforms/helmets appear drab. I tend to agree. Replacing the 49er gold with athletic gold would render a very navy and gold heavy combination. That would then distinguish them from the Chargers who seem to be more predominantly navy and white (with light blue and gold accents). (Is there anyone I'm leaving out in the navy and athletic gold thing? I feel like I am.)

I love the bright yellow and blue look of the LA Rams, but it def should remain as an alternate. The Rams current look is damn near perfection in my opinion. The flaw with the LA Ram look is that it always looked cheap to me. When they made the switch to millennium blue and new century gold, it made them look "classier" and from low-class to high-rollers. This was just my first impression when they made the switch and I still kinda feel that way.

blankRams_auth52road.png

I own all 3 of their current authentic uni's, their current home and road uni's look amazing in person.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

They don't look classy, they look darkened and desaturated, soul-sucked, which is made even worse by playing in a place as soul-sucking as the Edward Jones Done.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They don't look classy, they look darkened and desaturated, soul-sucked, which is made even worse by playing in a place as soul-sucking as the Edward Jones Done.

Amen! Preach bro!! Desaturated as hell, gross!!!!

The EJD does suck (watched 2 games there), but the city of StL is freakin' nice!! I wish they played outdoors like the old Cardinals.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

St. Louis is not freakin' nice. It's okay. Parts of it suck, and parts of it are cool, like most mid-sized American cities. It's not bad, and I love eating at little holes-in-walls in The Hill, but I feel like it could be more than what it is. I don't, however, feel like the Rams, indoor or outdoor, are terribly important to the fabric of the community, and I wouldn't be broken-hearted if they moved to Los Angeles.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

importD3.jpg

rams_display_image.jpg

Ramswin-001.jpg

This is what the Rams should look like, not the drab, washed-out, uninspired garbage they're currently wearing.

Strongly disagree with this one. I think people like this look only because it's a throwback. I like it as a 3rd uni, but I love the new look....even though I'm in the 1% on this one.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Archived