Powder Blue Rams?

Krona

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I'm going to break with the crowd and actually say that I do love the Rams' current colors. For whatever reason (I guess professionalism is the best word...) they've always looked really good to me.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So he's the guy who put those horns on ABOVE the center pad, making them look stupid. See the 1999 Rams for shots. (Still blue and yellow then, right?)

importD5.jpg

Yeah, this is what I was talking about. The horns' high placement that looks bad. Why wasn't he asked about this? It's obviously not an issue with the gold horns, so I wonder if he was just being lazy about it.

As a Rams fan, I guess I just feel sickened by the fact that the Rams took a color associated with their most hated rival. Gold? really? It's only the entire basis of what the 49ers uniform and identity is based off of. Add to that the fact that the lighting in the EJD makes it look very drab and "desaturated" like another poster mentioned.

I don't think they should go back to the old uniform design used from '73-'99, but I would welcome back some shade of yellow/athletic gold instead of old gold. At this point, the blue doesn't matter as much as the gold.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

As a Rams fan, I guess I just feel sickened by the fact that the Rams took a color associated with their most hated rival. Gold? really? It's only the entire basis of what the 49ers uniform and identity is based off of. Add to that the fact that the lighting in the EJD makes it look very drab and "desaturated" like another poster mentioned.

I don't think they should go back to the old uniform design used from '73-'99, but I would welcome back some shade of yellow/athletic gold instead of old gold. At this point, the blue doesn't matter as much as the gold.

Gold is a form of yellow (orange-yellow). The Rams gold(new century gold) isn't the same as the 49ers gold(metallic gold). There is no comparison. The Saints are also associated with gold. Hell, the entire AFC East is now associated with white (when the Patriots wear their alternate uni). It's like trying to force the square peg through the circle hole.

pittman.png

This uni is a beauty!!!

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Gold is a form of yellow (orange-yellow). The Rams gold(new century gold) isn't the same as the 49ers gold(metallic gold). There is no comparison. The Saints are also associated with gold. Hell, the entire AFC East is now associated with white (when the Patriots wear their alternate uni). It's like trying to force the square peg through the circle hole.

pittman.png

This uni is a beauty!!!

No. Athletic yellow shouldn't be lumped with gold. They are unique colors and not interchangeable. So you can't say "it doesn't matter much because they tweaked the color a little but stayed in the family." There was no reason to adandon one color for a unique color assocaited with two division rivals (at the time), one of which was known for winning five Super Bowls in that color. The AFC East isn't "associated" with white because there are three white helmets. It used to have 5 white helmets at one point. Nobody can be associated with white, not even the Cowboys. Everyone wears white, not every team prominently features gold.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Rams and 49ers use exactly the same shade of Gold...same metallic, same flat, alternate color, same fabric/textile colors. In fact, here are the Rams' and 49ers' current textile colors for comparison:

SaintLouisRams_FRC_9999_TEX_SRGB.png

vs.:

SanFrancisco49ers_FRC_9999_TEX_SRGB.png

Thank you, ColorWerx!!

And to Johnny Seoul,

Let's say hypothetically, the Dolphins decided to modernize their color scheme. And go with a new shade of green(still in the same family) that's a little darker than kelly green but not quite forest green. Jet-hating Dolphins fans would be furious. The Rams being a little different being that they have large fanbases in two cities, but the point is the same. You don't copy a division rival when you have other options.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't think the shade of blue is the problem with the Rams drab uniforms. It's that disgusting 49er gold.

Agreed, the athletic gold like Jim Everett and Eric Dickerson wore is far better looking, especially their white jerseys. Those were one of the better jerseys of all time.

Eric-Dickerson-Rams1.jpgeric-dickerson-autographed-los-angeles-rams-16x20_70a56a1a67129aa06f2071fbc796defd.jpg

eric-dickerson-300x200.jpgdickerson_i.jpg

87Redskins.png

pittman.png

This uni is a beauty!!!

Lose the patch and you'll be correct. And the only problem with the gold pants is that the Rams don't wear them enough.

/When I think of San Fran, I think of red, so....*shrugs*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Now I understand what I saw when I freelanced at the NFL - a two-tone blue Rams helmet. The shell was metallic blue and similar to the color they wear now. The horn, when up close, was a slate blue, but depending on distance and light, the horn appeared to be baby blue or lightish blue.

Now I understand what I saw when I freelanced at the NFL - a two-tone blue Rams helmet. The shell was metallic blue and similar to the color they wear now. The horn, when up close, was a slate blue, but depending on distance and light, the horn appeared to be baby blue or lightish blue.

thats interesting. sort of a Tampa Bay Rays palette?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Hey, could someone please doctor up an action photo of Sam Bradford to include this proposed color scheme? I think that would look neat. Thanks

heres a helmet

308zczr.png

Thanks. That looks very nice. In fact, if the powder blue was a little more powder, I might like it better than the current set.

Are you handy with recoloring photos in Photoshop? could you do that to a Ram photo? How about the powder blue with gold that was mentioned in the article?

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Archived