Modernized Bulls logo

rcb05

So ever since the Jordan era, it seems that the current Chicago Bulls logo has become a bit of a sacred cow (pun intended). But if you take a closer look, it's long overdue for an upgrade. Here's my meager attempt at that modernization.

- Got rid of some of the superfluous lines

- added some shading to the horns and face

- moderately changed the shape of the forehead and jaw

- made some of the black lines thicker

- added some reflection to the eyes

- reduced the size of the nostrils

C&C welcome.

ORIGINAL:

chicago_bulls_logo_3120.gif

5735904744_5d6517b5d7_b.jpg

He doesn't look angry anymore. Now he looks sad.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Just a recommendation, you should include the original logo here so we can compare.

But moving on, one of my favorite aspects of this is the shadow you added, it looks really nice on the horns and also great on the top of the head. I like the thicker forehead lines, and the eye reflection really adds a lot to the logo. Getting rid of the superfluous lines was a very smart idea, and makes this logo look cleaner and simpler. Overall I think this is VERY well done and I really like it.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

either the nose is too plain, or the mouth is too curved. I'm not sure which it might be, but I recommend adjusting both and seeing if either look "less sad". If that can be solved, it will officially be the best Bulls update I've seen, and that logo is considered pretty much perfect as-is

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

thats pretty slick, and id bet the casual fan wouldnt even notice the difference if it were adopted. thats a great update example.

i think the shadows in the red need to be darker or taken away. i dont like how they're barely there. it has a bit of a Web 2.0 feel. also thicken the outside stroke some. the black lines on the inside are so heavy, the outside needs to adjust to balance it out

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

all i see when i look is a bull giving me puppy dog eyes haha

i like the removal of the bags under the eyes and on the nose but i think the nostrils need to be bigger and something needs to change on the mouth its really just not working the way it was designed to.

overall i really think this is a step in the right direction

Interesting. I actually felt the bags under the eyes made the original look more sad than angry.

chicago_bulls_logo_3120.gif

I just believe the Bulls need an update, especially on their mid-court. Every team should change their court design at least once every 10 years.

spacer.png

Man, I don't know. The Bulls logo is one of those "untouchables" for me. I've yet to see a concept here that I really think improves upon their existing logo.

Also, I like the lines under the eyes in the existing logo because they remind me of war paint. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the original artist had in mind either.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

UPDATE:

I changed the mouth a bit to make it less "frowny." I also darkened the shading to make it more obvious and thickened the outside stroke. In my original concept I made the brow line thinner, but I think that is part of what made the original so menacing, so I've changed it back. Also brightened up the red I was using.

5736881515_cbf5d41e4a_z.jpg

I like the basketball on the Bulls court. It looks good and unique (as opposed to simply slapping the logo at center court). I like the fact that they've kept the same court (or pretty much the same court) for so long. It's been fun watching Juwan Howard play on that court this post-season, remembering that I saw him play playoff games on that same court way back in 1997.

I will say that I like the logo better now that I see it on a court, though.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Yeah I almost feel like the basketball on the court is a must for the Bulls. I always liked the idea of the basketball being the circle inside the key.

As for the logo itself... it still looks mean, it still looks pissy, it still looks clean, it still looks iconic. Well done.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'm a bit surprised by the rally of support for the basketball behind the logo, but I'm flexible ;)

5737691138_c1a58bd99a_b.jpg

Looks better the way you have it. Especially since the positioning of the basketball gives the bull a 3D-like effect

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

Archived