2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

I won't even touch the absurdity of leaving the #4 team in the country out of your top 12 completely while overrating the likes of Virginia Tech, Michigan, and Penn State.

Boise State isn't in a BCS conference -- so why would I enclude them in my BCS Top 12?

Roughing up on weak teams on that gimmicky blue field of their's does not impress me.

Other than being a Jets fan, I kinda like you Cujo

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't even touch the absurdity of leaving the #4 team in the country out of your top 12 completely while overrating the likes of Virginia Tech, Michigan, and Penn State.

Boise State isn't in a BCS conference -- so why would I enclude them in my BCS Top 12?

Roughing up on weak teams on that gimmicky blue field of their's does not impress me.

I guess you missed that game where they decisively beat Georgia on the road a neutral field (c'mon, who are we kidding? That was a road game and we all know it).

I'm not rooting for ether Bama or LSU, but I am rooting for one of those teams to absolutely clobber the other. Take 'em to the woodshed. I'm talking something along the lines of 56-13. A score that leaves no doubt whatsoever who the better team is, so there would be no incentive for the voters to put them in the BCS NCG for a rematch.

A margin of victory of 7 points or fewer, and you can pretty much guarantee that the rematch will happen assuming neither team loses the rest of the way.

How in the living hell did Arkansas jump Oregon? They almost lost to Vandy and Ole Miss!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

How in the living hell did Arkansas jump Oregon? They almost lost to Vandy and Ole Miss!

Because the computers don't watch football. Regardless, it's practically impossible for Arkansas to make a BCS bowl, so I wouldn't be worried.

LvZYtbZ.png

A certain three letters (I'm sure you can guess which ones). That's how.

If Boise ever gets a BCS title shot (not that they deserve it) will you stop being so bitter about college football voting

Because the computers don't watch football. Regardless, it's practically impossible for Arkansas to make a BCS bowl, so I wouldn't be worried.

More specifically, the computers are not allowed to know margin of victory (To protect the children). As far as the computers are concerned, Arkansas' victory over Vandy is by the same margin as Oklahoma's over Kansas State.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't like all the SEC love either, but it is the best conference. It's not like they're drooling over the Big East. You seem mad that a team is getting credit for having sucess in the SEC, when Boise doesn't get any for being sucessful in the vaunted WAC or Mtn. West

Ummm...The Big XII has had better rankings and numbers for much of the year than the SEC.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

As I knew, boatracing Colorado and Wazzou in back-to-back weeks would do nothing to help the Ducks.

6uXNWAo.png

As I knew, boatracing Colorado and Wazzou in back-to-back weeks would do nothing to help the Ducks.

And barely beating Ole Miss and Vandy is better?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

These days, beating any SEC team will look good on the résumé.

6uXNWAo.png

These days, beating any SEC team will look good on the resume.

No, I'm pretty sure most sane people who agree that beating a team like Ole Miss my less than a touchdown does not qualify as a good win.

No, I'm pretty sure most sane people who agree that beating a team like Ole Miss my less than a touchdown does not qualify as a good win.

Oregon will easily re-jump Arkansas if they can run the "Washington-Stanford-USC" gauntlet.

6uXNWAo.png

I don't like all the SEC love either, but it is the best conference. It's not like they're drooling over the Big East. You seem mad that a team is getting credit for having sucess in the SEC, when Boise doesn't get any for being sucessful in the vaunted WAC or Mtn. West

Ummm...The Big XII has had better rankings and numbers for much of the year than the SEC.

Yep. Other than the monsters known as LSU & Alabama, the SEC's in a bit of a down year. A whole bunch of teams either got worse or are underachieving wildly this season. The Big XII, on the other hand, looks like Murderer's Row.

Which brings me to this point: If Oklahoma State runs the table, they're basically a lock for the title game. Why? LSU or Alabama will have one loss, and OK State will have the best resume of the top teams remaining. That being said, you can't ignore the fact that they still have an extremely tough road to hoe (K-State next week, gotta go to Lubbock in a game that will probably result in a basketball score put up, and then Bedlam to top it all off). HOWEVUH they don't have a Conference Championship game to mess around with, which takes one less landmine out of their way.

Actually, when you look at it, every team in the Top 5 (except for Boise, who already steamrolled UGA in their annual regular season test. Maybe TCU will be tough, but they will really have to :censored: the bed if they lose to any of the teams remaining on their schedule) still has an extremely tough road ahead. Stanford's still got Oregon & a Championship Game left if they wanna run the table, and we all know what LSU & Alabama have to go through. Basically, nothing is settled yet. Not by a long shot. Knowing college football, we've got a crazy month ahead of us.

Since you didn't get the memo the first time, annual reminder in big bold letters.

THE BCS COMPUTER RANKINGS CANNOT TAKE MARGIN OF VICTORY INTO ACCOUNT

They just look at wins and losses and that explains some of the WTF rankings.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived