2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:censored: Clemson.

What's the story behind this?

It's a meme from EDSBS that stems from Clemson's inability to win a big game despite always having talent and potential, screwing over anyone who bets on them.

Seems like the people who bet on them are screwing themselves over, since they have this reputation of losing big games

It's a meme from EDSBS that stems from Clemson's inability to win a big game despite always having talent and potential, screwing over anyone who bets on them.

Ohhhhhh.

Well, you're right about that. The weird thing about the Eventual Clemson Loss is that you rarely ever see it coming. Everyone figures that it'll come against a team like South Carolina, but they'll mess around and lose to a slumping Georgia Tech team. :lol:

Thanks for nothing, USC. Yes, I realize the game is simply tied, but Stanford has Andrew Luck and the momentum. I really wanted to see their hype get deflated, but it won't.

SC is just out of field goal range, with 9 seconds to go

At the time I posted that they weren't. Come on, USC!

(Note: this is the first, and probably the last, time I'll ever root for USC.)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Thanks for nothing, USC. Yes, I realize the game is simply tied, but Stanford has Andrew Luck and the momentum. I really wanted to see their hype get deflated, but it won't.

SC is just out of field goal range, with 9 seconds to go

At the time I posted that they weren't. Come on, USC!

(Note: this is the first, and probably the last, time I'll ever root for USC.)

Definitely looked like Woods got out with a second to go. We'll see who's the better team in OT

Seems like the people who bet on them are screwing themselves over, since they have this reputation of losing big games

True that, but Clemson is the Chargers of college football. Every year, you look at their roster and think that this could be the year, and every year, they torpedo that optimism with several head-scratching, bizarre losses.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Wow...I am SHOCKED to see Wisconsin fall again. NOW Russell Wilson's Heisman hopes, very unfortunately, are shot. I'm a huge Andrew Luck fan, but I was really starting to think for awhile that Wilson would make a close run. Oh well, I guess that's College Football for you. A climate can change from possible title run and Heisman to out of both pretty quickly.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Wow...I am SHOCKED to see Wisconsin fall again.

Believe me, I know the feeling.

Seriously though, my hope going into this game was that the Buckeyes would at least keep it respectable. No way did I see them beating Wisconsin. Going in to this game, if you had told me that Ohio State would not only win, but that a Braxton Miller hail mary TD pass would be the difference, I would have politely asked you to share whatever drugs you were on.

Oh, and Mark May can go :censored: himself.

BB52Big.jpg

And with that, ladies and gentlemen, Oregon is now back in the national title race.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Again, thanks for nothing, USC. I'd like to think that voters will notice that Stanford had to go to triple-overtime to beat an unranked team, but we all know they'll just see the score with Stanford on top and that will be enough for them.

At least Clemson, Wisky, and K-State lost.

What's with all the hate for Stanford?

And with that, ladies and gentlemen, Oregon is now back in the national title race.

1-loss Bama or LSU makes it in way before 1-loss Oregon

Well, they can't play each other. We need LSU to beat Alabama by a little bit more than our margin, and OSU to lose. If Oregon plays well, they go in ahead of Boise, but if we struggle in our wins, I think we need Boise to lose.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived