2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

They just look at wins and losses and that explains some of the WTF rankings.

Like why Oklahoma State is ranked 1st in the computer rankings, but the voters are what have LSU and Bama ahead of them.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannot wait for Saturday. We have another "Game of the Century" on our hands, though I hate using that term and it should only be used as a description of the game after the fact. Still should be great.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

How in the living hell did Arkansas jump Oregon? They almost lost to Vandy and Ole Miss!

As I knew, boatracing Colorado and Wazzou in back-to-back weeks would do nothing to help the Ducks.

And barely beating Ole Miss and Vandy is better?

These days, beating any SEC team will look good on the resume.

No, I'm pretty sure most sane people who agree that beating a team like Ole Miss my less than a touchdown does not qualify as a good win.

Since you didn't get the memo the first time, annual reminder in big bold letters.

THE BCS COMPUTER RANKINGS CANNOT TAKE MARGIN OF VICTORY INTO ACCOUNT

That's what I think happened. I would think the voters would put them lower though, but I guess the SEC name means more than the wins.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

How in the living hell did Arkansas jump Oregon? They almost lost to Vandy and Ole Miss!

As I knew, boatracing Colorado and Wazzou in back-to-back weeks would do nothing to help the Ducks.

And barely beating Ole Miss and Vandy is better?

These days, beating any SEC team will look good on the resume.

No, I'm pretty sure most sane people who agree that beating a team like Ole Miss my less than a touchdown does not qualify as a good win.

Since you didn't get the memo the first time, annual reminder in big bold letters.

THE BCS COMPUTER RANKINGS CANNOT TAKE MARGIN OF VICTORY INTO ACCOUNT

That's what I think happened. I would think the voters would put them lower though, but I guess the SEC name means more than the wins.

I think Vanderbilt's backups would mollywock Colorado. That is one awful football team.

Okay, maybe not. But Vandy is still considerably better.

IUe6Hvh.png

#9 South Carolina over #7 Arkansas

#2 Alabama over #1 LSU

#3 Oklahoma State over #14 Kansas State

I really think Alabama will put the hurt on LSU.

They're entire Defense could very well be in the NFL.

I think Kansas St.'s strong start was a fluke and they will be put to the test down the stretch.

@ Oklahoma St. (L)

Texas A&M (L)

@ Texas (L)

Iowa St. (W)

Projected final record (8-4)

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Y'alls missing some epic Arena MACtion tonight.

Somebody write down the final for this one and compare it to the score of the Northern Illinois-Toledo basketball game(s) this season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Y'alls missing some epic Arena MACtion tonight.

Somebody write down the final for this one and compare it to the score of the Northern Illinois-Toledo basketball game(s) this season.

I was just about to post something about this game. This game has OT written all over it too. I can see a quick NIU TD drive and leaving Toledo enough time to get in range for a FG.

IUe6Hvh.png

63-60 final (Northern wins). In regulation. I love the MAC

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Sure bout that? Whatchya know about that MAC?

To I show at ya front make you go outcha back

Blow through your front make it go outcha back

Ay yo I let fifty shots blow out the MAC

Dog there ain't nothing slow about the MAC

And dog there ain't nothing ho about the MAC

/Convenient Beanie Sigel lyrics reference :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Sure bout that? Whatchya know about that MAC?

To I show at ya front make you go outcha back

Blow through your front make it go outcha back

Ay yo I let fifty shots blow out the MAC

Dog there ain't nothing slow about the MAC

And dog there ain't nothing ho about the MAC

/Convenient Beanie Sigel lyrics reference :P

POTD. No questions mark, that is a statement.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I have feeling Oklahoma is going to make it's way back into the BCS Championship Game and face whomever wins the SEC title. They will win the rest of their games including a win over Oklahoma State while Stanford loses to Oregon. Oklahoma will somehow leap an undefeated Boise State team in he BCS rankings as well.

I think and hope, this is finally the year OK State wins Bedlam. It's in Stillwater, Blackmon is unbeatable, and they have an old man at QB. OK State will win that game, and they will be in Nawlins'. I hope.

I think and hope, this is finally the year OK State wins Bedlam. It's in Stillwater, Blackmon is unbeatable, and they have an old man at QB. OK State will win that game, and they will be in Nawlins'. I hope.

I would to like see Okie State in the title game also but I think Oklahoma will somehow pull that magic rabbit out of their ass and make it's way to the Crescent City.

I would to like see Okie State in the title game also but I think Oklahoma will somehow pull that magic rabbit out of their ass and make it's way to the Crescent City.

Usually they do.

But they'll need Stanford to lose somewhere along the way, which is probably going to happen (Oregon I'm looking in your direction). Just like Ohio State and USC in their heydays, so like 3 years ago. The Sooners will find a way probably.

Usually they do.

But they'll need Stanford to lose somewhere along the way, which is probably going to happen (Oregon I'm looking in your direction). Just like Ohio State and USC in their heydays, so like 3 years ago. The Sooners will find a way probably.

I'll base all my judgement on who wins this game on Oregon's game vs Washington. If we can beat them by 20+, then I think we have a chance. If the game is close, or we lose, then there is no way in hell we'll beat them.

63-60 final (Northern wins). In regulation. I love the MAC

For some reason that game was available in Canada on RDS. Fantastic game from an entertainment P.O.V.

RDS is even showing the Temple-Ohio game tomorrow.

Nothing like watching MAC football in french!

(and yes they do call it le MAC)

1zqy8ok.gif

Again, thanks for nothing, USC. I'd like to think that voters will notice that Stanford had to go to triple-overtime to beat an unranked team, but we all know they'll just see the score with Stanford on top and that will be enough for them.

At least Clemson, Wisky, and K-State lost.

What happened to your stance of "I'll be happy for Boise State just to get to a BCS game."? I knew it was a bull- :censored: statement from you.

UGA suspends 3 RBs.

Whoa. This, plus another RB is hurt = interesting cupcake game.

Georgia's game plan this week: "Everyone go deep!"

Archived