2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, then. Since you seem to be hopelessly in love with your Big XII, I'll leave you to fawn over Colt McCoy's glorious wins over the likes of Florida Atlantic, Rice, UTEP and Arkansas State.

And that loss to 5-7 Kansas State in 2007.

And I'll leave you to fawn over glorious wins over the likes of Idaho (17-28 since 2008, Moore's first year as Boise's starting QB), New Mexico State (11-33), San Jose State (13-32), and Utah State (13-30).

McCoy also lost to a mediocre 7-6 Kansas State team in '06, and a 7-6 Texas A&M team in '07. Moore's only losses to date have come to a 10-1 (at the time) Nevada team that was ranked 19th in the nation, and a 11-2 TCU team that was ranked 11th... and neither were at home.

Losses really don't matter, since this record is about wins. I know you're a Boise fan, but don't try to tell me winning games in the WAC is more impressive than winning in the Big XII

Alright, then. Since you seem to be hopelessly in love with your Big XII, I'll leave you to fawn over Colt McCoy's glorious wins over the likes of Florida Atlantic, Rice, UTEP and Arkansas State.

And that loss to 5-7 Kansas State in 2007.

And I'll leave you to fawn over glorious wins over the likes of Idaho (17-28 since 2008, Moore's first year as Boise's starting QB), New Mexico State (11-33), San Jose State (13-32), and Utah State (13-30).

And that loss to... oh wait, Kellen Moore's Broncos have never lost to an unranked team. Ever. That's teams that were unranked when the Broncos played them as well as teams that were unranked at the end of the season.

If that isn't the very model of consistency, I don't know what is.

If you are undefeated and in the top 12 don't you get a BCS bowl? So if Houston finished undefeated and #12 does that mean Houston will be in a bcs bowl?

Not if Boise State is the MWC champion and higher than Houston. Only one team gets guaranteed a spot that way.

LvZYtbZ.png

If you are undefeated and in the top 12 don't you get a BCS bowl? So if Houston finished undefeated and #12 does that mean Houston will be in a bcs bowl?

I want to say yes.

But that might only apply to Notre Dame.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I want to say yes.

Actually, Notre Dame doesn't have to be unbeaten to get a BCS spot, just be in the top 8.

LvZYtbZ.png

I want to say yes.

Actually, Notre Dame doesn't have to be unbeaten to get a BCS spot, just be in the top 8.

And that's for a guaranteed spot. Don't be surprised if the BCS takes an 8-4 Notre Dame over a 13-0 Houston.

By the way, if Notre Dame wants a BCS bowl, they must win out. Got to have 9 wins and be in the top 14 to qualify for an at-large!

Let's settle this the easy way, by going straight by the rules.

The top 14 looks like this: LSU, Alabama, Oklahoma State, Boise State, Clemson, Stanford, Oregon, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Michigan State, Virginia Tech, South Carolina, Nebraska.

Our AQ-leaders are:

ACC: Clemson

Big East: Cincinnati

Big Ten: Mighigan State (higher ranked than Penn State)

Big 12: Oklahoma State (higher ranked than Kansas State)

Pac-12: Stanford (higher ranked than Oregon)

SEC: LSU (higher ranked than Alabama)

So we place LSU and Alabama in the title game, MSU and Stanford in the Rose, Oklahoma State in Fiesta, Clemson in Orange. We know that Alabama gets one at-large and Boise State gets another one as the highest ranked non-AQ conference leader. The remaining two at-larges are two of: Oregon, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Nebraska (Arkansas and South Carolina can't be taken because Alabama is an at-large).

Sugar Bowl gets the first choice of the remaining teams. Tempting, as much as it is, to taking an undefeated Kansas State team, I think the biggest name the Sugar Bowl can get, for ticket sales, is Oklahoma, so they take them.

Fiesta's next up and they can take Boise State, Oregon, Virginia Tech, Nebraska, or Cincinnati. I think Oregon, being close, is the Fiesta's choice.

Next is the Sugar, again, and now we're down to Boise State or Cincinnati, which they'll take Boise State. Finally, the Orange Bowl's left with Cincy.

Once again:

BCS: #1 LSU v #2 Alabama*

Rose: #11 Michigan St v #6 Stanford

Fiesta: #3 Oklahoma State v #7 Oregon*

Sugar: #9 Oklahoma* v #4 Boise State*

Orange: #5 Clemson v Cincinnati

LvZYtbZ.png

By the way, if Notre Dame wants a BCS bowl, they must win out. Got to have 9 wins and be in the top 14 to qualify for an at-large!

Let's settle this the easy way, by going straight by the rules.

The top 14 looks like this: LSU, Alabama, Oklahoma State, Boise State, Clemson, Stanford, Oregon, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Michigan State, Virginia Tech, South Carolina, Nebraska.

Our AQ-leaders are:

ACC: Clemson

Big East: Cincinnati

Big Ten: Mighigan State (higher ranked than Penn State)

Big 12: Oklahoma State (higher ranked than Kansas State)

Pac-12: Stanford (higher ranked than Oregon)

SEC: LSU (higher ranked than Alabama)

So we place LSU and Alabama in the title game, MSU and Stanford in the Rose, Oklahoma State in Fiesta, Clemson in Orange. We know that Alabama gets one at-large and Boise State gets another one as the highest ranked non-AQ conference leader. The remaining two at-larges are two of: Oregon, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Nebraska (Arkansas and South Carolina can't be taken because Alabama is an at-large).

Sugar Bowl gets the first choice of the remaining teams. Tempting, as much as it is, to taking an undefeated Kansas State team, I think the biggest name the Sugar Bowl can get, for ticket sales, is Oklahoma, so they take them.

Fiesta's next up and they can take Boise State, Oregon, Virginia Tech, Nebraska, or Cincinnati. I think Oregon, being close, is the Fiesta's choice.

Next is the Sugar, again, and now we're down to Boise State or Cincinnati, which they'll take Boise State. Finally, the Orange Bowl's left with Cincy.

Once again:

BCS: #1 LSU v #2 Alabama*

Rose: #11 Michigan St v #6 Stanford

Fiesta: #3 Oklahoma State v #7 Oregon*

Sugar: #9 Oklahoma* v #4 Boise State*

Orange: #5 Clemson v Cincinnati

tumblr_ltby21fAG71qmrb9o.gif

Kansas State play Oklahoma State and Oklahoma. If they go undefeated, they would have to go to a BCS bowl because they would be the Big XII (10) champions.

And I believe two members of the same conference cannot be matched up in the same bowl. I'm sorry, but you're so wrong in so many ways here.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

And I believe two members of the same conference cannot be matched up in the same bowl. I'm sorry, but you're so wrong in so many ways here.

There's nothing in the rules to prevent it from happening. A 11-1 Bama with lone loss to LSU (or vice versa) would more than likely get voted above any other unbeaten aside from possibly an undefeated Big XII champ.

tumblr_ltby21fAG71qmrb9o.gif

Kansas State play Oklahoma State and Oklahoma. If they go undefeated, they would have to go to a BCS bowl because they would be the Big XII (10) champions.

No offense, but these are strictly as it stands right now. Of course, if KSU goes unbeaten they're going to the Fiesta Bowl or possibly the national title game. But at this moment, this is how it stands.

LvZYtbZ.png

And that's for a guaranteed spot. Don't be surprised if the BCS takes an 8-4 Notre Dame over a 13-0 Houston.

Surprised? Hardly. I'd expect it. The surprise would be if it doesn't happen.

Infrared, if the Irish go 8-4 and don't get the guaranteed spot, yet finish in the top 14, they can't get an at-large because they don't have 9 wins.

LvZYtbZ.png

I know I'm sounding like a total Boise hater tonight, but I'm really not. With that said, I don't think Boise should be at #4. Clemson's resume to this point is much better than Boise's, and Boise doesn't have another big game on their schedule. There are quite a few one-loss teams I'd put ahead of Boise at this point

Surprised? Hardly. I'd expect it. The surprise would be if it doesn't happen.

Infrared, if the Irish go 8-4 and don't get the guaranteed spot, yet finish in the top 14, they can't get an at-large because they don't have 9 wins.

I really don't care Will. I'll let you worry about the minutiae of all things college football (including the litigious intentions of Buckeye fans apparently.) My point was simply that a Notre Dame team that barely meets it's BCS requirements will be chosen over Houston. Period.

BB52Big.jpg

I'd rather not derail this thread with this circuitous argument further, so I'll just point out that in his career to date, Moore has beaten the PAC champion Oregon (twice), the MWC champion TCU, the ACC champion VT, the MWC runner-up Utah, the WAC co-champion Hawai'i, and could end up this year with wins over the MAC champion (Toledo), the WAC champion (Fresno State or Nevada), and perhaps even the SEC champion (Georgia, if they win the East and the title game).... all while winning whatever conference he plays in. You'd be hard-pressed to find someone else who can pull a run like that off in their career.

You so funny.

Archived