2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Incredible ending to the Wisconsin/MSU game! Hail mary to the endzone is miraculously caught and barely crosses the goal line. It was originally called down at the 1, but after review it was called a touchdown and Michigan State wins!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, what a finish in East Lansing as Michigan State knocks off Wisconsin on a Hail Mary completion that just sneaked across the plane of the goal line. Crazy.

Say goodnight, Russell Wilson's Heisman Trophy chances. It was fun while it lasted.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Colorado laid down to Oregon today. Final score: 45-2 today.

TWO freaking points? FOCK.

www.FireEmbree.com

It was off of a punt return where inexplicably, the Oregon guy ran into his own endzone and got tackled.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Colorado laid down to Oregon today. Final score: 45-2 today.

TWO freaking points? FOCK.

www.FireEmbree.com

It was off of a punt return where inexplicably, the Oregon guy ran into his own endzone and got tackled.

See, I missed that. Why? Because I walked out when it was 30something to zero at the half.

6uXNWAo.png

In Norman. I don't think Leach ever did that...

/Tubberville drinks himself into a stupor in his office at the though of all those points that were scored.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Those Washington State uniforms have got to be the worst in college football.

The helmet's the same as it's been for years. However, their gray jerseys, darker gray pants, and the dark red names and numbers (with no outline, mind you) are just awful. How long have they had this disaster of a home set?

Problem is, you're assuming I'm arguing for a shot at the title game. If Boise was given a chance, it'd be great, but I'm perfectly content with a BCS bowl bid.

Bull- :censored: .

Come November, we're gonna see all sorts of whining and crying out of you whenever a team jumps Boise State in the BCS rankings.

Those Washington State uniforms have got to be the worst in college football.

The helmet's the same as it's been for years. However, their gray jerseys, darker gray pants, and the dark red names and numbers (with no outline, mind you) are just awful. How long have they had this disaster of a home set?

They're new this season. I'm pretty sure they went all gray (don't remember if it was light or dark) against Stanford last week.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

How can you really call it a choke when Oklahoma lost by three to a good (and highly underrated) Texas Tech team? The Red Raiders were ahead throughout the game...

Some other things to note from yesterday:

-Dominque Davis of East Carolina started on fire against Navy. He went 26-26 to start the game, setting an FBS record that was previously shared by two others (One being Aaron Rodgers).

-Kansas State is the quietest unbeaten in the nation, bar none. No one expected anything from K-State... Now, they have a chance to really turn Bedlam from a possible BCS semifinal into a 'Who will finish second in the Big XII?' type of game with Oklahoma and Oklahoma State the next two weeks.

-The only way LSU-Alabama can get any better? Bringing back Dat Honey Badger of course! (BTW, if any LSU fans are out there: How did Mathieu get that 'Honey Badger' nickname?)

-Anyone else here thinks that New Mexico might be the worst FBS team in the nation right now? I sure think so after getting 69'd by TCU.

Wow, what a finish in East Lansing as Michigan State knocks off Wisconsin on a Hail Mary completion that just sneaked across the plane of the goal line. Crazy.

Say goodnight, Russell Wilson's Heisman Trophy chances. It was fun while it lasted.

I'm not so sure his chances are shot quite yet. There's still some season left, and depending on how some chips fall, the Badgers could still make the Rose Bowl. If that happens, he's still got a decent shot in my humble opinion. Is he the front runner? No, I don't think so. But I think he'll still be invited to New York when all is said and done.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The only way LSU-Alabama can get any better? Bringing back Dat Honey Badger of course! (BTW, if any LSU fans are out there: How did Mathieu get that 'Honey Badger' nickname?)

There's a viral video on youtube where a guy dub overs a Nat-Geo clip about a Honey Badger. Sayings in the video are summed up as, "The Honey Badger don't care, the Honey Badger takes what he wants." They threw it onto Mathieu because of how he strips the ball seemingly effortlessly from the opposing team, taking what he wants. The Honey Badger also doesn't let his size matter and at 5'9, Mathieu doesn't either.

Archived