2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

If you are undefeated and in the top 12 don't you get a BCS bowl? So if Houston finished undefeated and #12 does that mean Houston will be in a bcs bowl?

Not if Boise State is the MWC champion and higher than Houston. Only one team gets guaranteed a spot that way.

What about when TCU and Boise made it that year?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current Cujo Championsip Series Rankings

1 ? Louisiana State Tigers

2 ? Alabama Crimson Tide

3 ? Oklahoma State Cowboys

4 ? Stanford Cardinal

5 ? Oregon Ducks

6 ? Kansas State Wildcats

7 ? Clemson Tigers

8 ? Oklahoma Sooners

9 ? Arkansas Razorbacks

10 ? Virginia Tech Hokies

11 ? Nebraska Cornhuskers

12 ? Wisconsin Badgers

ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท ยท

394 ? Colorado Buffaloes

395 ? New Mexico Lobos

6uXNWAo.png

And I believe two members of the same conference cannot be matched up in the same bowl. I'm sorry, but you're so wrong in so many ways here.

There's nothing in the rules to prevent it from happening. A 11-1 Bama with lone loss to LSU (or vice versa) would more than likely get voted above any other unbeaten aside from possibly an undefeated Big XII champ.

That's not going to fly. They (human voters)'d toss in an unbeaten (even Boise) over 1 loss SEC team for a rematch. While it would be entertaining as all get out to watch the SEC wankers completely reverse themselves from their 2006 stance, it's not happening.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If you are undefeated and in the top 12 don't you get a BCS bowl? So if Houston finished undefeated and #12 does that mean Houston will be in a bcs bowl?

Not if Boise State is the MWC champion and higher than Houston. Only one team gets guaranteed a spot that way.

Boise State only lucked out and snuck into the Separate but Equal Bowl because Oklahoma State derped it up in Bedlam. The only way two undefeated midmajors get bids is if you pretty much run out of plausibly decent teams in major conferences.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

TCU was #4 and Boise was #6. Each member of the Top 10 was represented in the 2010 BCS. (Only time in BCS history that the top 8/10 filled the 8/10 BCS spots).

BCS - #1 Alabama vs #2 Texas

Sugar - #3 Cincinnati vs #5 Florida

Fiesta - #4 TCU vs #6 Boise State

Rose - #7 Oregon vs #8 Ohio State

Orange - #9 Georgia Tech vs #10 Iowa

TCU was Top 4 and the Top 4 automatically get a BCS spot (unless there are three teams in the same conference), so that was that. And for Boise, I guess they could have been skipped over Boise, but that'd look suspicious with the other Top 10 members in the BCS. I had heard that since Boise traveled so well to the Fiesta Bowl the first time (and other bowls), the Fiesta committee chose Boise for money reasons (which is why all of these teams are picked).

Other teams that could've gone:

- #11 was Virgina Tech. There was only one ACC team in, so I guess they could've gone. Played in the Chick-fil-A Bowl vs Tennessee.

- #12 was LSU. There were already two SEC teams in, so that wasn't happening. They played in the Capital One Bowl against...

- #13 Penn State. There was already two Big 10 teams in, so again a no-go. They played LSU.

- #14 was BYU. BCS wasn't going to stretch that far for an non-AQ team, especially when they already took one with TCU and there was another at #6 with Boise.

Basically, it was either Virgina Tech vs TCU in Arizona or TCU vs Boise in Arizona. Fiesta Bowl was comfortable with what Boise would bring in for them, so they took Boise as an At-Large.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANAย | LAA | LARย | LAL | ASU | CSULB |ย USMNTย | USWNT |ย LAFCย | OCSC |ย MAN UTDย |

And I believe two members of the same conference cannot be matched up in the same bowl. I'm sorry, but you're so wrong in so many ways here.

There's nothing in the rules to prevent it from happening. A 11-1 Bama with lone loss to LSU (or vice versa) would more than likely get voted above any other unbeaten aside from possibly an undefeated Big XII champ.

That's not going to fly. They (human voters)'d toss in an unbeaten (even Boise) over 1 loss SEC team for a rematch. While it would be entertaining as all get out to watch the SEC wankers completely reverse themselves from their 2006 stance, it's not happening.

You're exactly right. There's no way there's a rematch if there's an unbeaten team left because of the fact of the human voting. I can't see a scenario where LSU/Alabama would be ranked higher than an unbeaten team in either the Coach's or AP poll.

ย 

ย 

You're putting Oregon ahead of undefeated Clemson? Oregon's only decent win is over ASU

Oregon's only loss was to current #1 LSU.

As of this moment, I really like both those teams to re-match for the BCS crown.

6uXNWAo.png

Since they're HIS rankings, maybe he's more impressed with Oregon's wins than Clemson's. In a head-to-head matchup, I think Oregon takes Clemson.

I don't know. Oregon struggles against great passing attacks (except for Andrew Luck, who for some reason decides to not play great against us). Oregon has a better defense than Clemson, but Tahj Boyd would still do a lot of damage. If it was in Autzen, I would take the Ducks. On a neutral site, or at Clemson, I would take the Tigers.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Once again, Tony Rizzo of ESPN 850 WKNR is "breaking" another huge rumor. About 2-3 weeks ago, he was saying that Urban Meyer to Penn State next year is a done deal. Well, Rizz is now saying that if Urban Meyer turns down the Ohio State position, that Lovey Smith of the Chicago Bears would be the front runner.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Once again, Tony Rizzo of ESPN 850 WKNR is "breaking" another huge rumor. About 2-3 weeks ago, he was saying that Urban Meyer to Penn State next year is a done deal. Well, Rizz is now saying that if Urban Meyer turns down the Ohio State position, that Lovey Smith of the Chicago Bears would be the front runner.

Lemme guess... His "source" is Twitter.

:wacko:

6uXNWAo.png

Since they're HIS rankings, maybe he's more impressed with Oregon's wins than Clemson's. In a head-to-head matchup, I think Oregon takes Clemson.

That's what everyone said about Auburn, Florida State and Virginia Tech vs. Clemson.

This isn't the same team as the past. It's as if they're an extension of Coach Swinney's attitude.

Maryland is now 2-5 after getting worked by Florida State.

2-5.

Fridge, where are you? :cry:

Oncwe FSU realized they were going to get dicked hard by the officials, they took it out on the only people they could, Maryland. Since when is pointing to a ball on a punt a fair catch symbol? Oh, yeah, it's not and even the ACC office is like "WTF were those refs on?" today.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Yeah, beating Missouri State was pretty impressive

Yes, beating Wofford 35-27 was pretty impressive.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Yeah, beating Missouri State was pretty impressive

Yes, beating Wofford 35-27 was pretty impressive.

Beating Auburn, Florida State, and Virginia Tech in three consecutive weeks certainly was

Archived