2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since they're HIS rankings, maybe he's more impressed with Oregon's wins than Clemson's. In a head-to-head matchup, I think Oregon takes Clemson.

Yeah, beating Missouri State was pretty impressive

Yes, beating Wofford 35-27 was pretty impressive.

Beating Auburn, Florida State, and Virginia Tech in three consecutive weeks certainly was

Yet, if you feel like that Clemson is better than Oregon, make your own. This is opinion, not fact, don't get butt hurt about it.

I wouldn't call beating an overrated Florida State team at home impressive, but that's just me.

And Auburn isn't exactly awesome so much as lucky this year.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I was only looking for Cujo's reasoning for putting Oregon ahead of Clemson, not for other community members to jump on me for asking a valid question

I understand you're reasoning, but you also have to understand no one is jumping on you for the sake of jumping on you. You're posting on a public forum where other members can see and respond to what you post, if you want to keep it between you two, then ask in a private message. But, his rankings are his opinion, not law. Clemson has definitely done way more than what was generally expected of them, but they haven't exactly been as dominating as the other two teams for the whole season. Oregon's problem is the depth of the Pac-12 and even if they win out, they're not a shoe in for the title game, but a win against Stanford will help their cause.

Once again, Tony Rizzo of ESPN 850 WKNR is "breaking" another huge rumor. About 2-3 weeks ago, he was saying that Urban Meyer to Penn State next year is a done deal. Well, Rizz is now saying that if Urban Meyer turns down the Ohio State position, that Lovey Smith of the Chicago Bears would be the front runner.

Lemme guess... His "source" is Twitter.

:wacko:

No. His source is the little rating fairy that says you better stir something up, because your show is doing poorly.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Once again, Tony Rizzo of ESPN 850 WKNR is "breaking" another huge rumor. About 2-3 weeks ago, he was saying that Urban Meyer to Penn State next year is a done deal. Well, Rizz is now saying that if Urban Meyer turns down the Ohio State position, that Lovey Smith of the Chicago Bears would be the front runner.

No. His source is the little rating fairy that says you better stir something up, because your show is doing poorly.

How do you manage to sit through any show on WKNR?

BB52Big.jpg

You mean sit through Rizzo's constant obnoxious sniffle every 10 mins and his "Hey Gang, Rizz here" plugs every 15 mins? Or do you mean mean the new afternoon show with Feador and Brenda that is ACTUALLY WORSE than Afternoon R&R? Its hard, but Rover ends at 11, so I have an hour to kill until lunch at work. Although the "clones" are pretentious, Jim Rome isn't terrible from 1-3 in the afternoon. Once 3 o'clock comes, its pretty much a toss up between music, Feador/Brenda, the Alan Cox show, or silence until 4:30 since I can't get 92.3 tuned in at work, to listen to Bull & Fox.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

You mean sit through Rizzo's constant obnoxious sniffle every 10 mins and his "Hey Gang, Rizz here" plugs every 15 mins? Or do you mean mean the new afternoon show with Feador and Brenda that is ACTUALLY WORSE than Afternoon R&R? Its hard, but Rover ends at 11, so I have an hour to kill until lunch at work. Although the "clones" are pretentious, Jim Rome isn't terrible from 1-3 in the afternoon. Once 3 o'clock comes, its pretty much a toss up between music, Feador/Brenda, the Alan Cox show, or silence until 4:30 since I can't get 92.3 tuned in at work, to listen to Bull & Fox.

Who suck every bit as much as...well...everyone else on Cleveland Radio. Everyone you mentioned is God-awful. I feel for you dude. Maybe it's time for you to take a look at Sirius/XM. B)

BB52Big.jpg

How did VA Tech won 14-10 to Duke??? They should of destroyed them.

Virginia Tech hasn't convinced me they are worth a Top 25 ranking this year anyhow.

They scraped by ECU, Arkansas State, and Marshall. They barely edged Miami (who is no good) and then against the bottom of the already weak ACC (BC, Wake, Duke), they haven't looked impressive at all.

Their biggest win is a 66-13 beatdown in the opener against App State.

Why are they ranked 12?

The wheels have fallen off of Illinois' bus.

We're going to learn that Ron Zook has a fatal brain tumor this offseason, right?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Looks like Mike Leach might be coaching again:

http://www.azcentral...ll-bickley.html

Did you read who wrote it and their job?

This was written by a columnist. The role of a newspaper columnist is to write his/her opinion.

The facts stated were on where he will be in November, his current litigation, and the quoted he made while he was in Lubbock for a book signing.

Archived