2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rushed the field after Purdue took down Ohio State today. So awesome. Boiler the :censored: up!

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Ok, this whole "Low scoring vs HIgh scoring" games argument is getting stupid. That 9-6 game was not a defensive struggle, it was an offensive mess. It it had been 9-6 because both team's defenses were playing amazing, that would be one thing. But it was 9-6 because of multiple missed field goals and turnovers. Both teams offenses played horrible. The 66-63 game was just a pathetic show of defense. Because I like scoring better, I would rather have the 66-63 game, but I would prefer to have neither.

You know what my favorite teams to watch were last year? UConn and USF. Most of there games were close, 17-12 or so games, that always came down to the last moments. Yes, there were plenty of mistakes, but the teams were still able to score, and It seemed like every play mattered. In the 9-6 game, a 3 and out meant nothing, because they other team couldn't take advantage of it either. In the 66-63 game, a touchdown meant nothing, because the other team scored on the next possession. My two favorite games last year were the UConn USF game, and the Oregon Auburn game. In my opinion, THOSE are good football games.

In other news, thank you for being an idiot Matt McGloin. You saved me from having to crush my TV because Penn State would've won.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Ok, this whole "Low scoring vs HIgh scoring" games argument is getting stupid. That 9-6 game was not a defensive struggle, it was an offensive mess. It it had been 9-6 because both team's defenses were playing amazing, that would be one thing. But it was 9-6 because of multiple missed field goals and turnovers. Both teams offenses played horrible. The 66-63 game was just a pathetic show of defense. Because I like scoring better, I would rather have the 66-63 game, but I would prefer to have neither.

You know what my favorite teams to watch were last year? UConn and USF. Most of there games were close, 17-12 or so games, that always came down to the last moments. Yes, there were plenty of mistakes, but the teams were still able to score, and It seemed like every play mattered. In the 9-6 game, a 3 and out meant nothing, because they other team couldn't take advantage of it either. In the 66-63 game, a touchdown meant nothing, because the other team scored on the next possession. My two favorite games last year were the UConn USF game, and the Oregon Auburn game. In my opinion, THOSE are good football games.

In other news, thank you for being an idiot Matt McGloin. You saved me from having to crush my TV because Penn State would've won.

Whhhhhaaaatttttt???? Give me a break. Those two teams dominate everyone else, don't they? The reason it was 9-6 was because the defenses were impenetrable. It's a completely different game than that crap we see in the Big XII and Pac-12 (outside of Stanford and Oregon...they can play some D sometimes).

I was telling all of my friends last weekend--football gets real when two teams like that from the SEC knock helmets. I don't care if everyone on this board thinks I'm biased.

The offenses sucked BECAUSE the defenses are that incredible.

IDK how people have failed to realize this point. Alabama & LSU ran all over teams until they ran into each other, yet "OMGLOL THEY SUCK AT OFFENSE." It's like, instead of A + B = C, they came to the conclusion that A + B = Q, R, & S.

Brutal Florida game, once again, today.

Three close losses in the past four weeks are the reason they are 5-5 right now. Things are bad in the program right now, but I do have hope that a turn-around is not far off. I don't think it's a stretch at all to think they could've beaten any of Auburn, Georgia, or South Carolina the past three weeks, given the relative closeness of those games.

Thank God for the Vandy's and Furman's of the world. Otherwise, they might not go to a bowl game, or finish above .500 overall.

spacer.png

Whhhhhaaaatttttt???? Give me a break. Those two teams dominate everyone else, don't they? The reason it was 9-6 was because the defenses were impenetrable. It's a completely different game than that crap we see in the Big XII and Pac-12 (outside of Stanford and Oregon...they can play some D sometimes).

I was telling all of my friends last weekend--football gets real when two teams like that from the SEC knock helmets. I don't care if everyone on this board thinks I'm biased.

3 missed field goals by Alabama. 2 ints thrown right to the Alabama players by LSU. Yep, great defense.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Read what ToFA said spleeny, that's probably the best explanation I have seen yet.

I didn't know that missed field= great defense. That's a new one to me. In that case, Nevada played great defense against Boise State last year! And man, Washington sure defended the hell out of Oregon last week!

I'm not denying that both defenses didn't play great, but the offenses played horrible, and it wasn't just because of the defense.

Also, according to the ESPN box score, the Baylor WRs are so good, they can get receiving touchdowns without a QB trowing them.

Well, it's not 66-63, but TCU - Boise State is turning out to be a pretty good game. B)

This is the first Boise game I've seen in quite some time. Hardly a unique position, but that blue turf has to go. It makes the whole operation look bush league.

But yeah, good game.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well, it's not 66-63, but TCU - Boise State is turning out to be a pretty good game. B)

This is the first Boise game I've seen in quite some time. Hardly a unique position, but that blue turf has to go. It makes the whole operation look bush league.

But yeah, good game.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the blue turf makes it difficult to watch the game? Not as in aesthetically displeasing but literally difficult on the eyes? It may be nothing more than I'm not used to it, but there's something about that turf that screws with my eyes after a while.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Hardly a unique position, but that blue turf has to go. It makes the whole operation look bush league.

I can't deny it's a tad hokey, but its hokeyness is what makes it perfect for college football. This is a sport that also features the Sooner Schooner and the "Woo Pig Sooie" chant. I think the blue turf fits in. B)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Hardly a unique position, but that blue turf has to go. It makes the whole operation look bush league.

I can't deny it's a tad hokey, but its hokeyness is what makes it perfect for college football. This is a sport that also features the Sooner Schooner and the "Woo Pig Sooie" chant. I think the blue turf fits in. B)

Homer Alert: And let's not forget a giant Buckeye nut with arms and legs. B)

Brutus+the+Buckeye-thumb-280x400.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Archived