NBA Championship Rings Graphic

TFoA

Found this on tumblr via hoopism today...thought it was kinda cool.

10igcxt.jpg

(Click for high-res)

From the guys who made the graphic:

The NBA Championship ring is that piece of hardware every fan knows about. We can name which franchises have won the most rings, measure our favorite players by rings they’ve won, and even call out the players that have never gotten one in their careers. Dirk “NoRingski”. But, one thing that we don’t always know is what the rings look like. Even the Basketball Hall of Fame doesn’t have a championship ring to showcase! Why? Because each ring is a precious and personal piece to that specific player; unlike the Championship trophies. And no player is willing to give that up.

And here's the bonus: A visual representation of every jersey worn in a Slam Dunk Contest. Most of the fonts on the jerseys are inaccurate, but it's a fun image to look at, just like the ring poster.

The Slam Dunk contest poster is great...ordering one for the wall. Thanks for the post and sweet find.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Wow, great finds indeed. Those would both make awesome posters, though I think someone (Don? Alex?) could make a more accurate version of the SDC one. ;)

I'd also like to see the Ring graphic in chronological order to see the progression of the ring's design across the decades...

Wow, I didn't know they apparently had standardized ring designs till like the late 80s. I know I've seen pics of some of the pre-80s rings before, but I never realized they were apparently from the same template. Very cool pic.

Interesting to see how every championship from 1987-1998 was back-to-back.

Also interesting to see no repeat Champs from '70 to '87...thanks for the work, Golden One.

The 76ers '67 championship with the different ring in the middle of the original style, I found pretty interesting. Looked over it a couple times to make sure I wasn't putting them in the wrong order somehow, ha.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Archived