Milwaukee (Cream City) Brewers concept

mcrosby

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CreamCitys.png

The Crew's recent gold 'Cerveceros' jersey got me thinking and I decided to go with Milwaukee's nickname, "Cream City". Here are four sample scripts, whichever color is most well received is what I will base the uniform on. I've been tinkering with gold pinstripes for the white and 'cream' colored backgrounds. Let me know what you think.

Nice! Although I'm thinking it might look best on a solid vest jersey with pinstriped sleeves...

i think that would look horrible.

nice job on the script though, looks nice!

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I'm really liking what you might able to do with the "Brew Crew" logo. I'd also go with a White or Cream color jersey. Just make sure the cream color is yellow - I wasn't a fan of FSU's Road Baseball Jerseys. It looked some one relieved themselves on the whole team, and as a Gators fan, I'd kind of be okay with that, but still.

fsugold.jpg

At least these aren't as bad as some the Oregon Football and/or gold baseball uniforms that I've seen over the years.

I'm not sure how I feel about mixing plain white jersey with Shoulder or Gold Pinstripes, but won't really know until I see it.

The tail looks too fat at the end IMO. My eye is (unnecessarily) drawn to it. It almost looks like a big fat triangle. Maybe thin out the end of the tail a little bit?

Overall though, I love this idea. I also had no idea of this nickname.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

And the white on blue looks the best...

Agreed, but really, "Cream City"? I guess it's like Portland's "Rip City" where only the locals get it...or like it. :D

Cream City is nothing like Rip City... its obvious to anyone whose been to downtown Milwaukee how the city got the name.

Also, Milwaukee's short-lived 19th century entry in the National League was called the Cream Citys making this script that much more appropriate.

looks very cool! would be an interesting alternate script. brings up an interesting concept...what if teams wore different scripts for alt jerseys...like if Cleveland had "TRIBE", Braves had "Bravos", or Boston had "BOSOX"

btw, the concept helmets in your script are incredible.

And the white on blue looks the best...

Agreed, but really, "Cream City"? I guess it's like Portland's "Rip City" where only the locals get it...or like it. :D

Cream City is nothing like Rip City... its obvious to anyone whose been to downtown Milwaukee how the city got the name.

Now that I'm on my laptop, I can post photos...

Downtown_Milwaukee.jpgstudios_640x480.jpg

• 2 years later...

Your link isn't working for me.

Yeah, Milwaukee is full of buildings made with that brick, giving the city a distictive hue.

I still think it was a lost opportunity not incorporating it into Miller Park. A Cream City brick wall would have looked great around the infield.

Archived