2011-12 European football thread

Viper

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this is why sacking your manager mid-season isn't always the best of ideas!

Just hoping Villa aren't playing Wolves twice next year...

I think the real problem is not having a full time manager primed and ready and effectively limping towards the end of the season with an interim. (It's worked out ok for Chelsea, but then Di Matteo has been a highly rated young manager for a while.)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Fernando Torres, of all people, scores the goal that puts Chelsea into the CL Final. Wow.

Chelsea's probably gonna have little-to-no shot of actually winning the whole thing due to a good chunk of their starters being suspended for the Final after this, but WOW. For them to pull that result out in Camp Nou is amazing!

Fernando Torres, of all people, scores the goal that puts Chelsea into the CL Final. Wow.

Chelsea's probably gonna have little-to-no shot of actually winning the whole thing due to a good chunk of their starters being suspended for the Final after this, but WOW. For them to pull that result out in Camp Nou is amazing!

Coming from 2-0 down with 10 men anywhere is impressive, but against Barcelona in the Nou Camp is impressive indeed.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

how badly does the media want the Morinhou vs. Chelsea storyline? haha

El Clasico Final died, so they were holding on for dear life to that story. :lol:

Anyways, wow. Well done to Bayern Munich for getting to the Final at the Allianz, though they're nearly in the same boat as Chelsea: 3 starters suspended for the Final. Gonna be a real interesting final.

Also, SHAMBOLIC penalties taken by Ronaldo, Kaka, & Ramos. Especially Ramos, shades of Beckham in Euro 2004.

Who needs an El Classico final?

Finally a Champions League Final I can stomach. Bayern hosting the Final against Chelsea on May 19th.

Amen...A match I'm actually interested in watching.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Who needs an El Classico final?

Finally a Champions League Final I can stomach. Bayern hosting the Final against Chelsea on May 19th.

Amen...A match I'm actually interested in watching.

Also helps Newcastle out if they don't finish in the Top 4, and are the highest finishing non EPL Champions League qualifier if Chelsea wins.

But honestly outside of that trip to Stamford Bridge, and maybe the visit from Man City (I like that it's at St James' Park though. Should have a pretty smooth ride towards Champions League football.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Actually, Chelsea winning it is a bad thing for Newcastle, as they would take the fourth spot away from the fourth-placed team.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Actually, Chelsea winning it is a bad thing for Newcastle, as they would take the fourth spot away from the fourth-placed team.

Yup, Chelsea winning the UCL would surely result in Newcastle going in the Europa League. After the whole Liverpool debacle, UEFA's come out and said you can't have more than 4.

6fQjS3M.png

Pep Guardiola is stepping down as Barca manager. He will be replaced with his assistant Tito Vilanova. :(

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived