2011-12 European football thread

Viper

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Draws for the UEFA Champions League quarter finals:

APOEL Nicosia v Real Madrid

I swear, if they get past Real Madrid...

Seriously. I think we're all cheering for them now.

The Barca logo in my sig agrees with you.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Stat seen on my news feed:

- Lionel Messi in his last seven games has scored as many as Luis Suarez, Andy Carroll & Fernando Torres in their last 103 combined.

He is the best player on the planet right now, possibly ever.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

No doubt in my mind he will go down as the best player ever, if he's not already.

Yeah, some say you need to win the World Cup, which I tend to agree with, but when you look at what he's done with Barca. Numerous La Liga titles, and three Champions League titles, which in my opinion is harder to win then any international title. The kid is a winner, and everytime he walks on to the pitch, you know something magical is going to happen.

I wasn't around for Pele obviously, I wasn't old enough to remember Maradona, Klinsmann, Platini and van Basten. Zidane in my eyes was the best footballer I have ever seen, Ronaldo is also up there, but now it's Messi, and he continues to bring it every single game.

Also. He's twenty freaking four!!!!!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Damn it, Chelsea. The one time I expect something nice from you, you go and piss it away. Go back to your corner.

Quite a comeback from Man Citeh to stay one point behind United.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Quite a match in Manchester as City came from behind to beat Chelsea 2-1. It was looking like they would come away empty-handed, but a penalty made by Aguero tied it and Nasri scored again to put City on top.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Tevez had the assist on the game winner. Who would've thought that he'd come back, let alone might've just helped to save City's title hopes this season. Wow. What a comeback in more ways than one.

EDIT: QPR came back from 2 goals down vs. Liverpool TO WIN. Unbelievable.

No doubt in my mind he will go down as the best player ever, if he's not already.

Yeah, some say you need to win the World Cup, which I tend to agree with, but when you look at what he's done with Barca. Numerous La Liga titles, and three Champions League titles, which in my opinion is harder to win then any international title. The kid is a winner, and everytime he walks on to the pitch, you know something magical is going to happen.

I wasn't around for Pele obviously, I wasn't old enough to remember Maradona, Klinsmann, Platini and van Basten. Zidane in my eyes was the best footballer I have ever seen, Ronaldo is also up there, but now it's Messi, and he continues to bring it every single game.

Also. He's twenty freaking four!!!!!

He needs to the Modern version of the Maracanazo in 2014 to cement his legacy period.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Usually, teams that are undefeated through three-quarters of the league campaign are handily winning their league. Of course, Juventus is not your typical team. They're unbeaten through 29 matchdays and in second place.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived