2011-12 European football thread

Viper

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much as I don't like Manchester United, or particularly Ryan Giggs, to reach 900 competetive appearances for the same club is a truly amazing achievement.

Also, why do Liverpool insist on putting us fans through the wringer in seemingly every cup final they make? So glad for the win though and major respect to Cardiff for making an epic game of it

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Much as I don't like Manchester United, or particularly Ryan Giggs, to reach 900 competetive appearances for the same club is a truly amazing achievement.

Getting the winning goal in the 90th minute, too. What a way to get your 900th.

I wouldn't put it past him to play 1,000. Giggs loves the game and loves the club.

spacer.png

That goal hurt. Sure, Norwich losing 2-1 to ManUre isn't unexpected, nor is it even a bad result, all things considered. But to play as well as they did and then lose on a late goal like that... ugh.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Arsenal agrees to terms for a summer move for Luis Podolski... Now we just got to hold on until reinforcements come. Hopefully that 5-2 groin kick to Spurs will ignite a spark under the Gunners and maybe chink the Spurs armor a little bit.

Arsenal agrees to terms for a summer move for Luis Podolski... Now we just got to hold on until reinforcements come. Hopefully that 5-2 groin kick to Spurs will ignite a spark under the Gunners and maybe chink the Spurs armor a little bit.

In Germany nobody believes that Lukas Podolski is good enough for Arsenal. Maybe he has a better standing abroad.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

In Germany nobody believes that Lukas Podolski is good enough for Arsenal. Maybe he has a better standing abroad.

I've heard the same... and honestly, I was really hoping to swing Marco Reus in the January transfer window. I love that kid's potential and putting him on the field with Ox and RvP and then we'd be cooking with gas.

Podolski definitely has the potential to be a big player (really, any type of scoring presence to take some pressure off of RvP would be huge), but the results haven't been there lately... I'm hoping playing with RvP pulls the best out of Luis.

I've heard the same... and honestly, I was really hoping to swing Marco Reus in the January transfer window. I love that kid's potential and putting him on the field with Ox and RvP and then we'd be cooking with gas.

Podolski definitely has the potential to be a big player (really, any type of scoring presence to take some pressure off of RvP would be huge), but the results haven't been there lately... I'm hoping playing with RvP pulls the best out of Luis.

Arsenal's problem is that it's all potential. They need to bring in some players that are ready to perform now. RvP is one who is at his peak, but there aren't too many others.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Arsenal's problem is that it's all potential. They need to bring in some players that are ready to perform now. RvP is one who is at his peak, but there aren't too many others.

Well, our "peak" players are now playing for Barcelona, Manchester City, Spurs, etc... it's a shame. We're the Florida Marlins of European soccer. If Arsenal actually held onto the players that have been in their system 5 years ago, we'd be top of the table.

Gah, why seemingly every visiting keeper at Anfield this season been insanely good :mad:

Apparently they're bringing out a new Van Persie tea tray, it'll be big enough to carry around ten mugs

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

So AVB canned at Chelsea. The Chelsea old guard cost another manager his job.

What's this, the fifth-or-so manager Abramovich has given the sack to?

Yeah, but my problem is that a clique in the Chelsea dressing room has made it very difficult for virtually anyone post Mourinho. Some pretty big names have gone in there and been forced out too quickly. Scolari, Ancelotti, AVB all pushed out.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Guardiola is rumored to be the guys Roman wants to bring into Chelski...wonder how much that would cost him...

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Eighth manager in nine years. Ridiculous. How can you build anything with that much turnover?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Eighth manager in nine years. Ridiculous. How can you build anything with that much turnover?

Well the other side of that is that you can't keep a guy once you have worked out he isn't who you want. I have a felling two things are at play at Chelsea, one is the player power, and the other is inadequate recruitment policies, and not taking enough time to really find out if a manager is going to work out. (Chelsea, as a club, have a long term history of high manager turnover, in 45 years they have had 25 managers, including caretakers, only Dave Sexton in the late 60s, early 70s and John Neal in the 80s longer than 3 1/2 years).

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived