2011-12 European football thread

Viper

Swiss FA is currently in hot water with UEFA.

The Swiss Football Association has until 13 January to follow Fifa's instructions on the registration ban imposed on Sion or face a suspension, which would mean Basel's expulsion from the Champions League. Uefa confirmed this could lead to [Manchester United] returning to the competition as they finished third behind Basel in the group stage. Another option could be that Bayern Munich, drawn against Basel in the last 16, are given a bye.

STOP MESSING AROUND, SWITZERLAND!!!

OK, if that happens... who will take United's Europa league spot?

How about Otelul Galati, as the 4th place team in that group?

LvZYtbZ.png

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City finally score as Silva gets a rebound at pointblank range. Walcott very nearly equalizes less than a minute later.

Update: City's starting to find more holes in the Gunners' back line, but can't seem to finish. Still 1-0 at 64'.

CCSLC signature.png

• 2 weeks later...

are there any other fans of english/welsh teams not in the premier league? I need someone to talk about the npower championship with.

COYI

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

are there any other fans of english/welsh teams not in the premier league? I need someone to talk about the npower championship with.

COYI

#clears throat#

#sings in a loud boisterous manner#

we are top of the league say we are top of the league.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

COYI

#clears throat#

southhampton fan?

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

COYI

#clears throat#

southhampton fan?

Absolutely! And just coming off two away wins without Ricky Lambert, it's looking pretty good about now!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Wild game at Etihad this morning, ending with "Leon" Ledley King needlessly conceding a penalty kick to Mario Balotelli (of all people) in the final minute of stoppage, throwing away a valuable point on the road for Spurs.

Update: What the hell happened to the Arsenal-ManU game on Fox? I turn on my Fox station at 9:30 am Central (the announced start time) and get Fox News Sunday instead, and the schedule from my cable provider shows a bunch of other programming from 10am on. Is this someone's idea of a joke? WTF?!?!?

Update #2: OK, it turns out my Fox station is showing it on a three-hour delay, starting at 12:30 Central. It will run until 3:00, meaning it will overlap with Ravens-Pats by an entire hour! :angered:

CCSLC signature.png

Wild game at Etihad this morning, ending with "Leon" Ledley King needlessly conceding a penalty kick to Mario Balotelli (of all people) in the final minute of stoppage, throwing away a valuable point on the road for Spurs.

Update: What the hell happened to the Arsenal-ManU game on Fox? I turn on my Fox station at 9:30 am Central (the announced start time) and get Fox News Sunday instead, and the schedule from my cable provider shows a bunch of other programming from 10am on. Is this someone's idea of a joke? WTF?!?!?

My FOX affiliate moved the game to their independent affiliate. It was on a the crawler before the game. It could be on tape delay in your market though.

Worse is it looks like it is shot on film. It does not look "real".

In two weeks, ManU/Chelsea will be live on FOX as well.

Arsene Wenger pulled one of the dumbest moves I've seen from a manager in some time...

In fairness he replaced an 18 year old in his first year in the EPL with the captain of the Russian national team. It's an interesting move from Wenger who often shows an over reliance on youngsters, and it backfired when Arshavin failed to deal with the run that lead to United's winner, but Arsenal fans would do well to simmer down for a while.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Arsene Wenger pulled one of the dumbest moves I've seen from a manager in some time...

In fairness he replaced an 18 year old in his first year in the EPL with the captain of the Russian national team. It's an interesting move from Wenger who often shows an over reliance on youngsters, and it backfired when Arshavin failed to deal with the run that lead to United's winner, but Arsenal fans would do well to simmer down for a while.

I'm sorry, but the kid was playing out of his mind... and then to replace him with Arshavin, who hasn't done anything of substance with Arsenal in the last 15 months, reeked of an out-of-touch manager clinging to his past glory. When this is the reaction of your (now only) star player, I think it's safe to say you're not doing your job:

tumblr_ly7rdx4FhW1qdhmxo.png

tumblr_ly7smzlydL1qgl5gko1_500.gif

Archived