2011-12 European football thread

Viper

Unfortunately the Villa/Norwich game wasn't on TV, so I didn't get to watch it. Sounds exciting... but unfortunately, the wrong team came out on top. :P

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, that ending today in Fulham/Tottenham was some crazy :censored:. Fulham had about 5 shots on goal in stoppage time and couldn't score to salvage a point (and then Tottenham put it away on their counterattack).

Reminds me of a typical game in Football Manager. :lol:

Unfortunately the Villa/Norwich game wasn't on TV, so I didn't get to watch it. Sounds exciting... but unfortunately, the wrong team came out on top. :P

Well, I went to the English pub to watch it to find it wasn't on their TV either... so I... uhh... watched on a completely legal website...? :P

One hell of a match, though; good luck to your lads the rest of the way (well outside of AVFC's trip to Norwich!)

6fQjS3M.png

• 4 weeks later...

Quite possibly, GOLAZO of the year! Stoppage time, second half, to win the match!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjtaeT7k7uU

Very similar to this famous goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKqqkW3ymxs

In other news, its worth mentioning the death of Wales manager and former Leeds, Everton, Newcastle, Bolton and Sheffield United midfielder Gary Speed, apparently by suicide, at the age of 42.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Draw for next year's Euro was held this morning.

Group A

Czech Republic

Greece

Poland

Russia

Group B - Group of Death

Germany

Denmark

Netherlands

Portugal

Group C

Croatia

Ireland

Italy

Spain

Group D

England

France

Sweden

Ukraine

The Dutch for a second consecutive Euro are playing in the Group of Death. Cannot wait till next June!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Draw for next year's Euro was held this morning.

Group A

Czech Republic

Greece

Poland

Russia

Group B - Group of Death

Germany

Denmark

Netherlands

Poland

Group C

Croatia

Ireland

Italy

Spain

Group D

England

France

Sweden

Russia

The Dutch for a second consecutive Euro are playing in the Group of Death. Cannot wait till next June!

You need to fix that... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

And you had Poland twice, man. :P

Instead of just 'Group of Death', we ought to call Group B the 'EPIC Group of Death' because, correct me if I'm wrong, aren't the Dutch, Germans AND Portugese somewhere within the top 10-20 teams in the entire world?

Instead of just 'Group of Death', we ought to call Group B the 'EPIC Group of Death' because, correct me if I'm wrong, aren't the Dutch, Germans AND Portugese somewhere within the top 10-20 teams in the entire world?

Eh, Portugal ain't really that much other than Ronaldo.

6fQjS3M.png

Dutch are 2, Germans are 3 and Portuguese are 7

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

What? You're being facetious, right?

and Denmark qualified ahead of Portugal

1zqy8ok.gif

In a qualifying group that was in effect itself a Group of Death, as Norway is pretty highly ranked and they didn't make it!

LvZYtbZ.png

In a qualifying group that was in effect itself a Group of Death, as Norway is pretty highly ranked and they didn't make it!

Yepp. Portugal only advanced ahead of Norway on goal difference from games against the other opponents. Portugal and Norway drew their two games against eachother.

1zqy8ok.gif

What? You're being facetious, right?

When comparing them to the Dutch and Germans. You're not gonna tell me that the rest of Portugal's squad is anywhere near the level of those two nations, right?

Portugal's got the overall talent level of a Croatia without Ronaldo. Still a very good team, but not a contender.

6fQjS3M.png

Portugal is very overrated. Euro 2004, hosted, played really well, lost in the final. WC06 finished 4th which is a great result, but haven't been able to replicate any of that little two year blip of success. They show up with their backs against the wall in qualifying. They had to do UEFA playoffs for the WC10 and playoffs for next years Euro.

Anyways back to the EPL for a second.

Newcastle had to run probably the toughest gauntlet of three games in a row in the entire league. They played well with Man City until late, came away with a point against Man U, and played a worthy 60 minutes against Chelsea before crapping out. They need more scoring, and I think they could challenge for Europe at least in the Europa League side of things.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived