2011-12 European football thread

Viper

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Wolverhampton just crapped the bed against Swansea. Not saying that Swansea isn't a bad team, but the way Wolves was playing... Well, it leaves a lot to the imagination.

But, good to see Swansea get a win as well.

Swansea only got a 2-2 draw. They were up 2-0 at 82'. By 87' Wolves had knotted it up, and very nearly got the winner a couple of times.

Liverpool could only manage a draw against Norwich at Anfield as well. Mockba must be on cloud nine, and the NSC Minnesota Stars haven't even played their Finals game tonight yet.

CCSLC signature.png

Newcastle still unbeaten on the year. Then I look at the calender and realize it's only late October.

Maybe if they keep this up, they can go out and get that forward they missed out in the Summer and get him in January.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

ManCity killed ManUtd. Too early for saying they are the clear favorites to win the league?

Also, this summer was amazing for Roma. Stekelenburg and Osvaldo are doing great, Bojan is showing flashes of brilliance, and 19-year-old Argentinian phenom Erik Lamela scored in his Serie A debut. Lamela is the next Messi, I'm calling it now.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

ManCity killed ManUtd. Too early for saying they are the clear favorites to win the league?

As an MCFC fan, I'd say it's really early to declare anybody as clear favorites. But, this team will DEFINITELY be in the hunt for the Premiership this year. That being said, that was one hell of a warning shot. I had a feeling that the Derby would be a high-scoring affair, but I had no idea that it'd be a high-scoring ONE-SIDED affair. De Gea has come under fire a lot during this early season, & finally he had a shocker against this high powered attack. If United claws back to win this thing (I damn sure hope not :lol:), it won't be because of their keeper.

But, once again, WOW. lol @ Balotelli delivering two goals after setting his house on fire via an indoor firework stunt. I love this team.

I wouldn't say that De Gea had a shocker as much as I'd blame the defense in front of him. Simply horrible defending. Seriously nice finishing from Man City as well.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Watched the game again just now & you guys are right. I can understand anybody having a tough time defending against MCFC a man down, but Man U basically stopped defending in the later stages. Once it was 4-1, United basically said "Alright, we're done." Never thought I'd see that club fold like they did, but it happened. Of course, I'm not complaining one bit, and quite frankly, it was awesome. :lol:

Hmph. My grandparents got back from an England vacation and brought me an authentic Manchester United jersey as a gift yesterday. I was pretty excited to wear it to school on Monday. (My teacher for my one class tomorrow is a Chelsea fan, and there are some soccer knowledgeable kids in the class.) Now, notsomuch.

I didn't get to see the game, and I haven't seen the highlights (not sure that I want to). But I'll take the "How the :censored: are we supposed to play this City team man-down for a majority of the game" argument of it. Long season, but 5 points down and the second leg of the Manchester Derby is over at City's dump. Devils have some work to do.

Maybe I'll wear the jersey tomorrow anyways. Any flack from my teacher, and I'll nicely remind him about QPR beating Chelsea 1-0 (I don't care that Chelsea was two-men-down! :P ) (Damn good thing I have a good grade and the teacher likes me. :lol: ) Note here, nice to see QPR up at the middle of the table so far. Very nice.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Meanwhile, in the Czech Republic, even the refs are getting good and sloshed before games.

Look, apparently there’s no rule that says a soccer ref in the Czech Republic can’t be completely stinking hammered on the job, so play on! (Hic!).

Czech referee Tomas Fidra stumbled around the field (falling over several times) during the match against local rivals Jestrabi Lahota and Tynec-Nad-Labem, pausing only to discuss the birthday celebration he had just attended. When some of the players asked if he was alright, Fidra red carded three of them.

CCSLC signature.png

And now, get this: The Gunners are winning in the second half at Stamford Bridge.

The score's 3-2 at 66'. It really should be more like 8-7, with all the missed chances at both ends. Theo Walcott's go-ahead brace alone is one of the best goals of the campaign so far. He got knocked down in traffic, got back up, got the ball back, busted through the Blues' backline and fooled Petr Cech.

Update: 3-3 now, after a cannon shot by Mata at 80'.

Update #2: Thank you, thank you, Florent Malouda and John Terry, for the easiest goal van Persie will ever score. 4-3 at 85'. Hang on you Gunners!

Update #3: van Persie completes a hat trick and the upset is complete!

I'd say Arsenal has righted the ship now, at least offensively. Their backline is still shaky as hell though. At least this result effectively cancels out the home loss to Liverpool back in August. (Going into the season I had expected the Gunners to take points in that game but not this one, instead of the other way around.)

CCSLC signature.png

Magpies still unbeaten. Now we have two weeks to prepare for our first true test against Man City.

Good thing. Magpies play tremendous defense, will be tested against Aguero and company, but I feel confident.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

It was a very exciting game to watch, that's for sure. Unfortunately, games vs. QPR shouldn't be exciting unless Aguero or Silva are going all MESSIMESSIMESSI on the opposing team. Oh well, at least they got the three points. Happy to see that SWP's doing well over at QPR, though!

Exciting match in Brum yesterday, glad to see the Villa come away with the 3 points. As disappointing as some of the results this year have been, Villa are 8th in the table; right where they should be.

Also, that ending today in Fulham/Tottenham was some crazy :censored:. Fulham had about 5 shots on goal in stoppage time and couldn't score to salvage a point (and then Tottenham put it away on their counterattack).

6fQjS3M.png

Archived