San Diego Padres tweak/recolorization

TheFloridianLogoMan

I was inspired to do this by another poster here, who had suggested an idea aout a recolored Padres "home plate" logo, utilizing the friar directly below the script. I made my own version of his idea

sdpadreslogo1.png

The friar is recolorized, ONLY using the 3 colors that are identified with this tweak.

sdpadreslogo2.png

The uniforms are bascially based on their 1974 set, except for the allternate, which is based on the 1984 set.

pads1.png

I really REALLY wish the Pads would return to the gold front caps...but knowing that some would believe that is just too retroesque, I made an all brown cap also, preferably to be used on the road set. Speaking of the road set, I always believed that the current road font, if done correctly, would look very good. Well, I arched it traditionally, instead of that "Warp" style they use now....I believe it looks quite clean if I do say so myself.

The cap logos, btw, are basically spaced apart a little, to give the caps that retro feel, especially on the gold caps

sdpadreslogo4.png

I like it. I'm not a fan of the brown and yellow, at least not those shades, but the uniform seems clean. What font did you use for the "San Diego" across the away chest? It seems to match perfectly.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I love the solid brown cap, but the two-tone cap is great as well. Overall, I love the concept. Great job.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I really like that new logo. it's very well done as opposed to the common recolorizations that I see a lot. I have always thought that the biggest problem with the padres look right now is the font, not the color scheme. I'd prefer the padres going back to both the classic script and the classic brown and yellow, but if I could only have one, I would choose the font, much like their minor league affiliate, the Tuscon Padres did. (see here)

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

At first I thought this was another dumb recolor, but this is actually well thought out and well done.

I'd consider dropping the front number from the home jersey, as since it's just custom enough to be interesting, it detracts from the script. I'd rather the eye only have one object to focus on. This could also be accomplished by going with a plain MLB block or varsity font, but dropping it would probably be better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

WOW.

Padres would be nuts not to use these.

I believe this is the first time you and I have ever agreed on anything.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Either way, I believe it is because it would be a unique conet to use brown when noone else in baseball does.

That's part of the reason. Brown and yellow is a unique color scheme. In fact, I'm pretty sure no one in the Big Four leagues uses it. It's unique and with the Padres, it looks good.

This is a beautiful set. Well done. I find it funny that brown is such a nice color in fashion, but not in sports. I like it that it's unique, the only other team I can think of is the Wyoming Cowboys and when they do it right it looks real nice. I'm wondering if the alt might look better without the orange tho, since there is no orange in the rest of the uniform. I don't mind the orange, just seems random when looking at the concept on it's own though.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

This is a beautiful set. Well done. I find it funny that brown is such a nice color in fashion, but not in sports. I like it that it's unique, the only other team I can think of is the Wyoming Cowboys and when they do it right it looks real nice. I'm wondering if the alt might look better without the orange tho, since there is no orange in the rest of the uniform. I don't mind the orange, just seems random when looking at the concept on it's own though.

I only did it because of their 1984 road set

1984-game-used-luis-deleon-padres-road-jersey-35_150597825665.jpg

I really like that new logo. it's very well done as opposed to the common recolorizations that I see a lot. I have always thought that the biggest problem with the padres look right now is the font...

+1

Seriously awesome job on these.

I was inspired to do this by another poster here, who had suggested an idea aout a recolored Padres "home plate" logo, utilizing the friar directly below the script. I made my own version of his idea

sdpadreslogo1.png

The friar is recolorized, ONLY using the 3 colors that are identified with this tweak.

sdpadreslogo2.png

The uniforms are bascially based on their 1974 set, except for the allternate, which is based on the 1984 set.

pads1.png

I really REALLY wish the Pads would return to the gold front caps...but knowing that some would believe that is just too retroesque, I made an all brown cap also, preferably to be used on the road set. Speaking of the road set, I always believed that the current road font, if done correctly, would look very good. Well, I arched it traditionally, instead of that "Warp" style they use now....I believe it looks quite clean if I do say so myself.

The cap logos, btw, are basically spaced apart a little, to give the caps that retro feel, especially on the gold caps

sdpadreslogo4.png

i know it's a recolor with tweaks but this is honestly close to what they should be wearing. very well done.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Well, holy :censored: . Gothamite and I have been going back and forth about Brown and Gold being an effective color scheme and you made it work here. I really like the "San Diego" uniforms the best, but the brown jersey is really nice too. One of the few concepts where the road jerseys are superior to the home jerseys, as usually those are the ones that pop more.

Well, holy :censored: . Gothamite and I have been going back and forth about Brown and Gold being an effective color scheme and you made it work here. I really like the "San Diego" uniforms the best, but the brown jersey is really nice too. One of the few concepts where the road jerseys are superior to the home jerseys, as usually those are the ones that pop more.

Just curious.......which cap do you think looks best on the road jersey IYHO??? The brown/gold or the brown??

Archived