San Diego Padres tweak/recolorization

TheFloridianLogoMan

Well, holy :censored: . Gothamite and I have been going back and forth about Brown and Gold being an effective color scheme and you made it work here. I really like the "San Diego" uniforms the best, but the brown jersey is really nice too. One of the few concepts where the road jerseys are superior to the home jerseys, as usually those are the ones that pop more.

Just curious.......which cap do you think looks best on the road jersey IYHO??? The brown/gold or the brown??

Personally, the gray away jerseys would look good with the solid brown caps, as would the home jerseys. Your brown alternate jerseys should use the brown/gold caps though, since brown and gold are the most dominant colors of that specific set.

I'm still a bit confused. The "San Diego" font... did you just take it off the original home plate logo but just scale it up?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'm still a bit confused. The "San Diego" font... did you just take it off the original home plate logo but just scale it up?

No.....the "San Diego" script I used was from scratch...I made it myself based on the currect road script they're using. It's in reality, other than the colors, the only thing in this concept that's original.

No.....the "San Diego" script I used was from scratch...I made it myself based on the currect road script they're using. It's in reality, other than the colors, the only thing in this concept that's original.

Wow. Tremendous job on the font then. That is the best I have seen, yet.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I like it. I'm not a fan of the brown and yellow, at least not those shades, but the uniform seems clean. What font did you use for the "San Diego" across the away chest? It seems to match perfectly.

I'm not a fan of the cheesburger color scheme, myself. But if it DOES come back, I think this would be best...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've never understood why so many people like the brown and yellow color scheme for the Padres

Other than the brown-and-yellow pullovers of the '70s, the Padres have never had a strong, memorable, unique identity - for the most part, they've either worn bland, dated crap like this:

nl_1985_sandiego.gifnl_1991_sandiego.gif

...or super-bland, copycat uniforms like these:

nl_2002_sandiego.gifnl_2011_sandiego.gif

The brown-and-yellow look is the Padres. They really need to get back to it and never change the color scheme again after that.

FloridianLogoMan: I'm not a fan of the Padres' current look, and you've done an admirable job recoloring it. Well done - it looks good now.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I must admit. I hate Brown and Yellow. But god forbid they ever go back to it, these wouldn't be the end of the world and would at least be tolerable (and coming from me that's about as high a praise a brown and yellow kit will get). Well done.

This is REALLY well done. Usually recolors and/or mash-ups of modern and retro logos simply don't work, but this is really terrific.

The road script rework is very nice. The brown and yellow color scheme looks great on this. Baseball is totally over saturated with red/blue and the Padres bringing brown/yellow back would be a welcome (re)addition to the league's palette.

Great job!

I've never understood why so many people like the brown and yellow color scheme for the Padres, but this concept looks great. Nice job.

Forgive the tardiness of this post, but I agree 110%.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Love the Padres jerseys. Think they look better than anything the Padres wear or have worn.

Especially like the brown and the white ones a lot. Like the redone font and logos on the grey one, just don't like the grey colour as much.

If it's not too much trouble could you do another brown one with your redesigned 'San Diego' front lettering instead of the 'Padres' you currently have.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived