2011 NBA Offesason Thread

BigMac12

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN's NBA Rank is absolutely ridiculous. Even worse is Skip Bayless complaining on twitter about LeBron at 1, that's about the only thing they got right

What doesn't Skip Bayless complain about? He's a blatant, athlete-hating troll.

Unless that athlete's name is Tim Tebow.

6uXNWAo.png

It was said that the meetings lasted for 10 hours, no word on how far both sides got...

Chris Broussard tweeted that the meeting was up to 11 hours, but the big issues hadn't been talked about much, instead the minor details were covered

That doesen't all that good.

You gotta think though that if they spent 11 hours talking about "minor" details that these two sides are a little more then $130 million apart.

Again good luck finding details but I would be very surprised if a deal is done before Halloween.

16 hours and counting now.

EDIT: And finally they decide that 2:30 a.m. Eastern is good time to break. They're going to reconvene at 10 a.m.

Mediator also told both sides to not make public comments. So they talked for 16+ hours and we have no idea where they are. Great.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

16 hours and counting now.

EDIT: And finally they decide that 2:30 a.m. Eastern is good time to break. They're going to reconvene at 10 a.m.

Mediator also told both sides to not make public comments. So they talked for 16+ hours and we have no idea where they are. Great.

According to the leaks that have been made they did make some progress on the minor issues, but nothing on the major ones. They're dancing around the two biggies like it's a tango.

So Will Smith bought the 76ers. Beware, one fight and they'll be moving to Los Angeles.

So if that happens and the Kings move to Anaheim, then SoCal will have 4 teams!

So wait ... Beverly Hills 76ers?! Or would that be the Los Angeles 76ers of Beverly Hills.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlJ6BQ9u4p0CqrPIlQPLC9Q5nYcB?slug=aw-wojnarowski_nba_labor_talks_breakdown_102011

Talks ended today with no plans to resume. So how many more days till Stern starts to threaten to remove the Christmas games?

At this point I think its more likely then not that there won't be any 2011/12 NBA season.

There can't be any more sense of urgency then there is already and from all indications they aren't even close to a deal. Its a good bet right now that the only way a deal gets done is through a court case.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlJ6BQ9u4p0CqrPIlQPLC9Q5nYcB?slug=aw-wojnarowski_nba_labor_talks_breakdown_102011

Talks ended today with no plans to resume. So how many more days till Stern starts to threaten to remove the Christmas games?

At this point I think its more likely then not that there won't be any 2011/12 NBA season.

There can't be any more sense of urgency then there is already and from all indications they aren't even close to a deal. Its a good bet right now that the only way a deal gets done is through a court case.

Yeah, I feel this is gonna get ugly real quick, real soon. I doubt a plea from 14 mayors will help either....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Several-NBA-city-mayors-including-Kevin-Johnson?urn=nba-wp9572

baltimoreravens.png

Yeah, I feel this is gonna get ugly real quick, real soon. I doubt a plea from 14 mayors will help either....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Several-NBA-city-mayors-including-Kevin-Johnson?urn=nba-wp9572

The only thing I would hope the cities do is for the ones that built arenas for NBA teams to play in to file a class action lawsuit against the league and NBAPA for not providing a product. I think a city could make a very convincing argument that by providing a multi-million dollar arena for an NBA team to play in they have a financial agreement with the city that goes beyond what the lease terms state. By any defintion the NBA is a heavily subsidized company that would not be able to do as well financially as they are without these arenas, and because of the fact that the league is a monopoly it leaves these cities unable to find another suitable tenant in the NBA's absence. It won't happen but I would love to see it because the NBA would :censored: their pants if a lawsuit like that ever happened. The would be taking on a side with very little to lose and all the money in the world for court expenses.

Archived