2011 Women's world cup

BigMac12

Not that it matters, in fact, I celebrate it. Abby Wombach is clearly a lesbian.

And if she is, what/why does that matter?

Can you read?

First off, she has never said anything of the sort. Where do you get off declaring she "clearly" is? And if it doesn't matter, why would you even mention it? And perhaps even more perplexing, why would you celebrate it? If you are pro-equality (as I am), the best thing is to let homosexuals blend into everything, without constantly pointing out their homosexuality. Not hide it, but not constantly call attention to it. As with race relations, it's way overdue that we become far more nonchalant about this.

Antoine-Dodson-So-Dumb-for-Real.jpg

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To another point, no need to change the rules because the American media thinks they should bring back the Golden Goal rule because it so happens that an American team lost in a Final of something. Deal with it and go back to covering the Sox 1-0 win over the Rays in 16 innings and please ESPN don't insert your terrible opinion about the great game of Soccer and one of the best the games I have ever witnessed, because the US lost.

Funny part is, Brazil would have eliminated the US had it been Golden Goal and everyone would have been disappointed 4 days earlier.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

I'm not sure if this soccer high will keep going for long in the US, but here in Rochester the buzz is huge. Tomorrow's game between magicJack (Wambach, Solo) and WNY Flash (Alex Morgan, Marta) has already sold 9000 tickets before they even go on sale at the box office. Part of that is helped by Wambach being a local hero (seriously, she's regarded as like a superhero here) but I wonder if it will have any lasting effect...

either way, I'm going and hoping to score with Solo or Morgan ^_^

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I'm not sure if this soccer high will keep going for long in the US, but here in Rochester the buzz is huge. Tomorrow's game between magicJack (Wambach, Solo) and WNY Flash (Alex Morgan, Marta) has already sold 9000 tickets before they even go on sale at the box office. Part of that is helped by Wambach being a local hero (seriously, she's regarded as like a superhero here) but I wonder if it will have any lasting effect...

either way, I'm going and hoping to score with Solo or Morgan ^_^

Make sure to use a PK to do that with.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

This World Cup led to the sell-out of a WPS game between the WNY Flash and MagicJack. The Men's team here doesn't even come close to selling out.

The men's team as in what? When the USMNT plays friendlies here they are very well attended. And of course the WPS game here was sold out, the capacity is 13,000 (although 2000 more seats were added for this game). 13,000 attendance for an MLS game is on the very bottom of the spectrum in terms of average.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

This World Cup led to the sell-out of a WPS game between the WNY Flash and MagicJack. The Men's team here doesn't even come close to selling out.

The men's team as in what? When the USMNT plays friendlies here they are very well attended. And of course the WPS game here was sold out, the capacity is 13,000 (although 2000 more seats were added for this game). 13,000 attendance for an MLS game is on the very bottom of the spectrum in terms of average.

The Rochester Rhinos was the men's team I was referring to.

nyjets.pngHabs_button.jpg

UConn Huskies 2011 NCAA Men's Basketball Champions

That's because the WPS is like the Barclays Premier League for women's soccer. The Rochester Rhinos are just a lower tier professional team.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

That's because the WPS is like the Barclays Premier League for women's soccer. The Rochester Rhinos are just a lower tier professional team.

Except for the fact taht it's women's soccer, whose popularity in general is about on par with that of American third division soccer.

6fQjS3M.png

Sadly, sizemore's not wrong. WPS had such lofty goals, but has really turned into a bit of a joke, what with playing on American football fields and having a team named "magicJack".

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Sadly, sizemore's not wrong. WPS had such lofty goals, but has really turned into a bit of a joke, what with playing on American football fields and having a team named "magicJack".

Having teams named for companies isn't that odd. After all, Red Bull New York exists.

LvZYtbZ.png

Having teams named for companies isn't that odd. After all, Red Bull New York exists.

True, but when the franchises moves in January then quickly hires a player-coach with no coaching experience after a global tournament, it demonstrates to me as a one year cash grab.

The league averaged 2,000/game prior to the World Cup, and magicjack has done worse since their move to Boca Raton, granted that where they play only seats 1,500.

If this is Womens version of the EPL, then I hope that the French and German leagues have better business strategies.

Is that a good thing?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Is that a good thing?

At least New York got somewhat lucky. Red Bulls sounds somewhat threatening, even though they're named after an energy drink. magicJack sounds stupid, and it becomes more stupid when you find out what a magicJack is.

soundersbanner.png

Is that a good thing?

At least New York got somewhat lucky. Red Bulls sounds somewhat threatening, even though they're named after an energy drink. magicJack sounds stupid, and it becomes more stupid when you find out what a magicJack is.

A really cheap American phone company, that I assume is really crappy?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

A really cheap American phone company, that I assume is really crappy?

magicjack_email2.gif

Also don't they play in the "Old People Capital of the World" aka Boca Raton?

Yes. The guy bought the team and moved them from Washington where they were the Freedom.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived