2011 Women's world cup

BigMac12

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was beyond funny.

1-Pia Sundhage...VISIBLE mustache.

2- Hope Solo. Don't "go rogue" four years ago saying that you would have won a semi-final, then choke four years later. You had a chance to be the next Skylar Diggins in terms of notoriety (and that does not last long).

3-Womens soccer, well you had a nice month now go back to the hinterlands of America's sports landscape.

4-Even more "cultural code" references.

USA, the Rory McIllroy of Soccer

Huh? Rory McIlroy just won the US Open in record fashion not too long ago. If anything, the USA is the Greg Norman of soccer.

So is Jahgee the Chip Beck of the boards? Or more like a Jay Don Blake or a Scott Hoch?

Right on cue, all the bandwagon fans who are actually soccer haters are showing their true colors.

I don't care what anyone says, I'm damn proud of everything this team's done and I will continue to be a fan for life.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I failed to add that Julie Foudy is the female version of Reggie Miller. Lots of game experience and street cred, but just awful on commentary.

Yeah, but any ineptitude on her part (IMHO she's not bad) is canceled out by Ian Darke, who is easily the best commentator in all of sports today.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Imagine they decided Game 7 of the World Series with a Home Run Derby. I love soccer, watched it all my life, but deciding the World Cup Final on penalty kicks is so stupid. You're deciding a game, with a different game.

Correct. It should be sudden death after the extra 30 minutes.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

I'm sorry but Soccer is a lot more endurance driven then Baseball, massive fields, these girls are human and they do get tired. I was bloody pissed last Summer with how the Dutch lost, but that is for a totally different reason then this. Japan played very well and showed that by being so resilient.

But eliminating the Golden Goal, was the best thing FIFA has done in quite some time.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I don't know if this has been said yet, but Alex Morgan should be in the Babe of the Week thread.

1000x500px-LL-02c40722_tumblr_lnu4piEqMQ1qlr1lno1_500.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

And Emirates Airlines gets cheap publicity again.

I love that Bob Ley is making excuses and he is CANADIAN!

Bob Ley is from Bloomfield, New Jersey, went to my High School in fact though he graduated 20 years before me.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Bob Ley is from Bloomfield, New Jersey, went to my High School in fact though he graduated 20 years before me.

Don't let facts get in the way of dfwabel's drunk rants.

1zqy8ok.gif

Corrected.

But I have not poured today and knew about the effects of deer musk/antlers way before the ecyclopedia did.

Archived