2011 Women's world cup

BigMac12

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't find highlights anywhere, somebody link me?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Pretty exciting stuff, too bad I couldn't see it live.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I thought that England/France was a bit more dramatic since the REALLY hate each other but FIFA, like the IOC is very corrupt, yet d@mnit they can give us dramatic and exciting $hit! I am not the biggest soccer fan, but the placement of a mic near the goal and hearing that sound is tremendous!

Don't usually follow the games because MLS games usually end up making me sleepy, but the football I watch is the US World Cup and Olympics, because they are to me more exciting, however I admit not watching a whole lot maybe the MLS games I pick to watch are the problem :) I would estimate MLS and International play are on two different levels, or maybe they're the same, don't know well enough to say.

But this game is one of the best games I've seen in any sport, Men's or Women's.

Some tough calls on both sides. Hard to tell on the Brazil Marta goal if she was offside or not.

Also Erika's injury plan to time-waste backfired BIG time.

I want to know what you think: Did Erika's "injury" tactic give the US the time needed (added on) the chance for tying goal or do you think even if Erika didn't go down that enough time would have still been added on for the US to score?

It looked like Brazil was playing prevent defense and those that follow american football know that it is a dangerous defense as you're playing not to lose instead of playing to win or keep the lead.

. .

That was an incredible game and I'm so glad I stuck with it.

Surely Marta's goal early in the 2nd half and with the USA women down to 10 the odds ya had to of thought that was it, and it I felt such an outrage at the ref for giving Brasil another penalty to equalize.

The neutral fans were clearly outraged too, and the US picked up add'l support. The ref redeemed herself later on I thought with Erika's malingering ...

Alot of the Brasilian gals looked fatigued in the mid to latter part of the 1st ET, whereas I didn't see that in the Americans.

As great as the goal by Abby Wambach was, the cross from Megan Rapinoe was brilliant, it was so on the money. The clock was at 122:08. Take that Erika!!

That over-the-top celebration by Sweden after being us the other day may come back to bite them, BIG-TIME!!!

wambach_brazil_298.jpg

usa_brazil_women_415.jpg

I can't find highlights anywhere, somebody link me?

I thought they said in the post-game they will reshow it tonight at 12 midnight ET/ 9 pm PT

For highlights, try this, from ESPN television:

BRASIL v USA

So the refs basically tried to screw us as much as possible...and we still won. That one may have had me more excited than Donovan's goal last year, because we got shafted in this one. As bad as that ref was though, I have to say she did say consistent when she made the call in PK's on the Brazilian goalie. As stated before I really do think that the neutral crowd was pretty pissed off about the call that she made. And if you notice, after they scored Brazil sort of looked embarrassed. I'm not sure, that was just my opinion.

So the refs basically tried to screw us as much as possible...and we still won. That one may have had me more excited than Donovan's goal last year, because we got shafted in this one. As bad as that ref was though, I have to say she did say consistent when she made the call in PK's on the Brazilian goalie. As stated before I really do think that the neutral crowd was pretty pissed off about the call that she made. And if you notice, after they scored Brazil sort of looked embarrassed. I'm not sure, that was just my opinion.

We got goals wrongly called back against Algeria in the game Donovan scored too. Both times the US was getting screwed.

But I still agree that I found a little bit more excitement today. But it's close. Both were extremely huge and dramatic goals for US Soccer.

Take that, ya Brazil loving refs.

So the refs basically tried to screw us as much as possible...and we still won.

See, I don't think there was any bias involved, just incompetence. The latter can easily be mistaken for the former, especially when it seems to affect one side more than the other. The difference between the two is intent, and I don't think there was any intent there.

Take that, ya Brazil loving refs.

So the refs basically tried to screw us as much as possible...and we still won.

See, I don't think there was any bias involved, just incompetence. The latter can easily be mistaken for the former, especially when it seems to affect one side more than the other. The difference between the two is intent, and I don't think there was any intent there.

Yeah, you may have a point there. But before she called the Brazilian goalie on the same penalty, it looked like the calls were pretty one sided. Now I wasn't really watching much for the first half, but besides the missed handball, not much went our way. Obviously my opinion is biased because I was rooting hard for the USA, but I feel like there was something going on there. We all know how corrupt FIFA can be...cough-Qatar-cough.

Why did Solo get her yellow after the PK? Also, during the shootout I swear the Brazil goalie moved up every single time(Fortunately the US made all theirs)

She did. Obviously on the first shot/save she got called for it. That was beyond blatant.

But as you said, she still did it and only slightly more subtly the rest of the shootout. Obviously the preference is for it to go as it did with us making our shots, but I am curious if she would have been called for it a second time if we'd have missed.

Looking ahead to Wednesday's game, aka "Rachel Buehler's Day Off", getting past France won't be easy. Not only does the USWNT have to guard against a letdown, but the French team is an unknown quantity, not having played the American side in any recent tournament (or at all, ever?).

The same is true of Japan, if the US ends up facing them in the final. And of course Sweden (the other semifinalist) has already beaten the US in the group stage.

Huge step forward yesterday, but the US women are still a long way from the summit.

CCSLC signature.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IngiX9zZRc8

I found this hilarious, besides him saying the wrong name and saying "he hit a three", it's perfect. Great editing by whoever made it. And I just thought I'd bring this up, anyone else notice how Hope Solo's hotness may be getting more attention than the actual team is? That thought came to me when reading the top comment.

And I just thought I'd bring this up, anyone else notice how Hope Solo's hotness may be getting more attention than the actual team is? That thought came to me when reading the top comment.

Since there's a large chunk of male hetero fans, it's not really surprising.

(P.S. Megan Rapinoe :wub:)

soundersbanner.png

And I just thought I'd bring this up, anyone else notice how Hope Solo's hotness may be getting more attention than the actual team is? That thought came to me when reading the top comment.

Since there's a large chunk of male hetero fans, it's not really surprising.

(P.S. Megan Rapinoe :wub:)

(P.P.S. Alex Morgan dribble.gif)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived