2011 Women's world cup

BigMac12

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A disappointing World Cup for the United States, as they have conceded a goal. I hold the women's team to the same standards I hold the men's team to - it is unpatriotic not to.

Well, I suppose they ought to go home now; there's nothing to play for. Germany, too.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

A disappointing World Cup for the United States, as they have conceded a goal. I hold the women's team to the same standards I hold the men's team to - it is unpatriotic not to.

Well, I suppose they ought to go home now; there's nothing to play for. Germany, too.

It would be dishonorable for the United States to continue, but I suspect they will anyways (with a change of coach, perhaps!) Conceding goals and losing indicates that the United States is not playing at their best, and what's the point of playing if you're not playing at your best?

LvZYtbZ.png

You're still a moron.

Just because I hold the sports teams representing the United States to the proper standard is no reason for you to try and insinuate that my intelligence is lacking.

Your own posts insinuate that your intelligence is lacking.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You're still a moron.

Just because I hold the sports teams representing the United States to the proper standard is no reason for you to try and insinuate that my intelligence is lacking.

All I want is a national team the country can actually be proud of. Today's performance is disgraceful compared to the proper standards.

LvZYtbZ.png

You're still a moron.

All I want is a national team the country can actually be proud of. Today's performance is disgraceful compared to the proper standards.

If they win, which is still possible, then the country will be proud. You're going to be the only dufus who isn't. It's dumb that you hold the men to some made-up standard and it's dumb that you hold the women to the same standard.

My standard: win the tournament. I don't care how you do it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You're still a moron.

If they win, which is still possible, then the country will be proud. You're going to be the only dufus who isn't. It's dumb that you hold the men some made up standard and it's dumb that you hold the women to the same standard.

Are you trying to be unpatriotic by allowing for inferiority? This is the greatest nation in the world - mundane results that would be acceptable elsewhere are not going to cut it in this country, thank you very much!

LvZYtbZ.png

You're still a moron.

If they win, which is still possible, then the country will be proud. You're going to be the only dufus who isn't. It's dumb that you hold the men some made up standard and it's dumb that you hold the women to the same standard.

Are you trying to be unpatriotic by allowing for inferiority? This is the greatest nation in the world - mundane results that would be acceptable elsewhere are not going to cut it in this country, thank you very much!

I'm rooting for them to win the tournament. I don't care how they get it done. You win the world cup and you, by definition, become the best in the world. That's not a mundane result.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You're still a moron.

I'm rooting for them to win the tournament. I don't care how they get it done. You win the world cup and you, by definition, become the best in the world. That's not a mundane result.

But it is a mundane result because we gave up goals and lost a game. After Germany reeled off six wins and six clean sheets last time around, it is unpatriotic not to expect the United States to do the same thing the next time around.

LvZYtbZ.png

There were some ups and downs for the U.S. in this match. A lack of speed and patience when setting up the ball, as well as forcing it when they didn't need to do so, it all could have been avoided if they would have just slowed things down in the beginning. Obviously, that first girl was legit for Sweden. The second, I hate when goals happen like that, but alas it did and I don't blame either Solo or Wambach (or was it LeiPeilbet?). Regardless of whether they were going to face the Aussies or Brazil it was going to be a tough one in my opinion. They just have to move forward and focus their efforts against Brazil.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

You're still a moron.

You've also previously said that you expect NCAA teams to fire their coach every time they lose a game. The fact that you can't believe that others might find a flaw in your logic only furthers my impression.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Well, that didn't go as planned did it?

It's fair to say that Brazil will bring it's 'A' game in the Quarterfinals on Sunday (I think it's Sunday for the USA-Brazil matchup). It's up to the American women to bring their 'A' game on Sunday, or else it's going to be a long trip back home.

The real good thing, though is this: Getting Brazil now means the toughest remaining threat could be Germany should the U.S. advance to the Finals.

Well for the sake of humanity, we don't need Hope Solo going nuts for not starting against Brazil. It's her job and she'll need a hell of a lot more help against Brazil, then she ever did today.

Brasil 1

USA 0

Book it.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Quarterfinal action began today in Germany.

France defeated England in penalty kicks and will await the Brazil-USA winner on Wednesday.

The big shocker though... The two time champs are eliminated! Germany falls 1-0 to Japan after Japan scored in extra time to win the game. Japan will now await the Sweden-Australia winner on Wednesday.

The big shocker though... The two time champs are eliminated! Germany falls 1-0 to Japan after Japan scored in extra time to win the game. Japan will now await the Sweden-Australia winner on Wednesday.

They hadn't lost since 1999. That was an impressive streak.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Archived