Best Unused Logos

IceCap

damn...first time I'd seen that Orioles prototype...IIRC that fielding oriole sort of got used by one of their affiliates, the Frederick Keys (though he got turned into an eagle in the process)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

johnnycanuck.png

I'm a Blackhawks Fan and I'll say that this logo is absolutely gorgeous.

The Canucks need to make this their primary logo ASAP. It is a million times better than that Orca abomination or anything else Vancouver has worn over the years.

It would become an instant classic.

When Manchester, NH got a relocated AA baseball team, they were named the NH Primaries. I thought name & logos were very clever & well-executed. But what do I know? Apparently, the locals hated them & the team gave in & changed to something called Fisher Cats. I think I've read they occasionally bring out the Primaries gear ...but I'm not sure.

nhprimaries.pngnhprimariessam.png

And the former UHL Adirondack Frostbite might have been this. Not well-executed or particularly clever. But it makes me laugh. I'm pretty sure Barry Melrose was an owner. So it would have been kinda fitting.

Mullets.png

CCSLsig.png

Join us at Space City Lions - Houston's Aston Villa Supporters Club

That Primaries identity is one of the craftiest ideas I have ever seen in the world of sports.

People, that's the type of creativity more teams should run with! No more "knights", "Cats", or any other typical animal themed look!

But that Mulleteers logo.... lord.

The Fisher Cats use the Uncle Sam-in-NH logo on their BP cap and used to have it as an alt cap logo.

I love how Sam's pose is a combo of the Babe calling his shot & the "I Want You" army posters. Glad this logo gets a little use after all.

CCSLsig.png

Join us at Space City Lions - Houston's Aston Villa Supporters Club

People, that's the type of creativity more teams should run with! No more "knights", "Cats", or any other typical animal themed look!.

We need more "Knights" in sports. I was hoping that's what the Nets would go with when they moved to Brooklyn.

The Fisher Cats use the Uncle Sam-in-NH logo on their BP cap and used to have it as an alt cap logo.

I love how Sam's pose is a combo of the Babe calling his shot & the "I Want You" army posters. Glad this logo gets a little use after all.

Never saw it like that before. Even if unintentional that is awesome. Nice catch.

Will people stop armchair modding when they have no business to?

If people wanna discuss in an older topic and it's on topic, then why does a thread have to be closed because it's old?

Could not of said it better my self, it's not like bringing back a thread about changes in the 2007-08 season for example.

Will people stop armchair modding when they have no business to?

If people wanna discuss in an older topic and it's on topic, then why does a thread have to be closed because it's old?

This.

What if someone wants to talk about unused logos? If he revives an old thread, he's criticized. If he starts a new one, he's criticized since a thread (that he's not allowed to reply to) already exists.

As for the above posts, I was really disappointed when the New Hampshire team ditched "Primaries". It is certainly "minor league" but hey, it's a minor league team. And "Fisher Cats"? There are all sorts of minor league teams with similar names.

But I took a look and according to the Fisher Cats wikipedia page, the reaction to "Primaries" was uniquely negative. I don't get it. Go 'Cats!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived