Best Unused Logos

IceCap

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UniWatch has a column up with a lede about the Patriot logo hijinx we've been discussing. Their prototype looks less like the "Belichik" we've seen on these pages. What's all up with that shizz?

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/6810815/uni-watch-traces-lineage-patriots-flying-elvis-logo

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

This helmet is absolutely amazing and would be iconic today. How on Earth could Pats fans have found Pat Patriot better than any of the proposed helmets?

That is slick. I don't like the stripes wrapping around the star but that's amazing otherwise.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

This helmet is absolutely amazing and would be iconic today. How on Earth could Pats fans have found Pat Patriot better than any of the proposed helmets?

Dallas_Cowboys_helmet_rightface.png

It's just too similar.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Yeah, that's some serious USFL stuff.

I wonder why our proto-Elvis looks like Bill Belichick. Maybe the guy who traced it for us was subconsciously thinking of him.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

air_NFL_1961steelerslogoWb.jpg

I think it's recognized as an "official" logo, but it never made it on the field, jerseys, etc, and it's the only logo that answers, "what really IS a Steeler?" I wouldn't want to change the steelers' jerseys or helmets, but i sure would like to see that little guy at Heinz Field, maybe in the endzones or on the walls

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

That helmet looks like crap. It looks like it's from a football movie which didn't pay for the right to use pro teams and logos.

Agreed. It is pretty awful. Though the striping in the star looks to be based off the striping in the seats at old Foxboro stadium.

patsoc.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Mark Verlander interview had a video with some of his designs. He mentioned in the interview that he presented the Bengals with an updated head logo. Here it is.

Screenshot2011-07-21at35130PM.png

Sorry, just reminded me of this:

FightingStyleTigress.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Maybe, as a compromise, they should use this logo as the de facto primary...

yel4gpyykcebgvtqz02x2fkes.gif

...and then continue to use the Elvis on uniforms.

Never happen now that Elvis has won 3 Super Bowls. He'll be around in some form or another forever as the team's primary logo. Which is good because the longer he's around the more iconic he's become.

I'm not sure concepts from these boards really count as "unused" for the purposes of this discussion....

I think the joke was that that particular Cardinals concept got so much circulation that people thought it was officially rejected by the team.

Never happen now that Elvis has won 3 Super Bowls. He'll be around in some form or another forever as the team's primary logo. Which is good because the longer he's around the more iconic he's become.

And just as terrible a logo as ever. Iconic of asswipes is what it is.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 months later...

We've had a couple of prototype/unused re-brand threads through the years, so I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to everyone's favourite logos from the world of what-could-have-been. I'll start.

ya8qoagwzweacwl1431mhfsef.gif

This is the best logo the Patriots organization ever came up with, in my opinion.

So They almost went from Elvis to Belichick?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived