Best Unused Logos

IceCap

http://farm4.static....9c16d82ce_b.jpg

1994proposed.gif

Not a logo specifically, but uniform changes. Unused uniforms may fit here, may not. Whatever.

I totally remember hearing about this years ago ... but I never heard anything since then and the change never occurred.

I had wondered why, but assumed the fans in Wisconsin went into an uproar about the notion just as the 49er faithful did about the 1-day wonders...

Interesting letter .....

Also, I too gotta agree, all these unused logos are really bad ....

I don't mean to bash your opinion, because you are more than entitled to it...but I honestly don't understand how THIS logo is anywhere close to being better than anything that the Pats have put out there in their entire history. I despise the Pat Patriot logo and I think it totally destroys this logo. Just because its completely different and never been used it doesn't mean its good. Don't you think if this logo was anywhere close to good that someone would have pushed to have it used in someway??? To call it "the best logo the Patriots organization ever came up with" seems a lot like more like an opinion shared by a very small group of people. I honestly can't understand why people keep bashing the Flying Elvis logo. Its the best thing they've come up with since they've been in existence...but maybe thats just MY opinion, and maybe I'm the only one. *shoulder shrug* (I doubt it though)

I agree with most of what you wrote, except about the Pat Patriot logo ... I always thought it was cool .... the only problem was the red jersey.

PATRIOTS in the red jerseys looked like they were dressed looking like the British Redcoats .... My dad used to go on and on about how idiotic it was that they wore a red jersey when the BILLS would play them there and it was on TV, and I gotta agree.

That Elvis logo has grown on me thru time even tho' I have a major loathing of that team ... but always liked that Pat-Patriot logo :grin:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can guarantee that had the Islanders gotten cold feet on the fisherman logo and never used it on ice, that logo would've shown up on this thread by now.

I have to agree that most of these are terrible. Though that Sixers one Lights Out posted looks pretty nice.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3313/3267948469_d9c16d82ce_b.jpg

1994proposed.gif

Not a logo specifically, but uniform changes. Unused uniforms may fit here, may not. Whatever.

Cheer, cheer for old Notre Dame,

Wake up the echoes cheering her name,

Send a volley cheer on high,

Shake down the thunder from the sky.

What though the odds be great or small

Old Notre Dame will win over all,

While her loyal sons are marching

Onward to victory.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

May or may not be on topic, but there was a graphic designer who 'proposed' some new logos for the Packers, none of which would ever be chosen over such an iconic look, nevertheless, here they are:

2884k6e.jpg

w9jr7o.jpg

281wrig.jpg

Like I said, sort of off topic, as in no way do I think these are the "best" actually the complete opposite.

Not the best logo ever, by any means, but would have done wonders for the Thrashers branding (anyone know why it's not on the mothership anymore?)
atlanta-thrashers-alt-logo-2.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

We've had a couple of prototype/unused re-brand threads through the years, so I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to everyone's favourite logos from the world of what-could-have-been. I'll start.

ya8qoagwzweacwl1431mhfsef.gif

This is the best logo the Patriots organization ever came up with, in my opinion.

I don't mean to bash your opinion, because you are more than entitled to it...but I honestly don't understand how THIS logo is anywhere close to being better than anything that the Pats have put out there in their entire history. I despise the Pat Patriot logo and I think it totally destroys this logo. Just because its completely different and never been used it doesn't mean its good. Don't you think if this logo was anywhere close to good that someone would have pushed to have it used in someway??? To call it "the best logo the Patriots organization ever came up with" seems a lot like more like an opinion shared by a very small group of people. I honestly can't understand why people keep bashing the Flying Elvis logo. Its the best thing they've come up with since they've been in existence...but maybe thats just MY opinion, and maybe I'm the only one. *shoulder shrug* (I doubt it though)

"I don't mean to bash your opinion, but I will anyway...."

:P

It's cool, agree to disagree, but I would prefer it if we were just honest about doing that.

Anyway Pat the Patriot is a poorly rendered cartoon. I don't see how he's any better then the logo I posted.

As for the Flying Elvis? Well both it and the logo I posted are playing around with the same design, they just execute it differently. Flying Elvis, to me, just lacks "substance" as a logo. He seems flimsy, he doesn't take up a substantial amount of space. I agree that he's better then Pat the Patriot (what isn't?), but the logo I posted just seems to have more to it then Elvis does, in my opinion.

May or may not be on topic, but there was a graphic designer who 'proposed' some new logos for the Packers, none of which would ever be chosen over such an iconic look, nevertheless, here they are:

2884k6e.jpg

w9jr7o.jpg

281wrig.jpg

Like I said, sort of off topic, as in no way do I think these are the "best" actually the complete opposite.

These are the worst Packer concepts I've ever seen-and I remember when they were on the local news here in Milwaukee. I wonder who in the media this guy knew to bring these abominations to light.

</rant>

Badger_zps8961c467.png

wallpaper-slamson.jpg

That pic you posted is an interesting modification of an alternate logo that the Kings packaged along with the Gold alternate uniform a few years ago:

SacramentoKings_ALT1a_2006-2007_SCC_SRGB.png

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3313/3267948469_d9c16d82ce_b.jpg

1994proposed.gif

Cheer, cheer for old Notre Dame,

Wake up the echoes cheering her name,

Send a volley cheer on high,

Shake down the thunder from the sky.

What though the odds be great or small

Old Notre Dame will win over all,

While her loyal sons are marching

Onward to victory.

The original blue and gold was taken from Notre Dame in the first place, so it wouldn't be the first time. Seeing as my original pick was already posted, I'd have picked that modified Tigerhawk Iowa was going to roll out several years ago, except whatever backlash was out there was justified, that thing looked awful.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

2002 Pro Bowl

pro-bowl-unused-logo-primary.jpg

Replaced by this after 9/11

2386.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

wallpaper-slamson.jpg

That pic you posted is an interesting modification of an alternate logo that the Kings packaged along with the Gold alternate uniform a few years ago:

SacramentoKings_ALT1a_2006-2007_SCC_SRGB.png

bizarre... never seen that one before! Where did you find it? The one I had was originally around 2001 first time I saw it. I guess they kept it around for some reason. Personally I think it would make a pretty cool center-court logo.

timmy.png

Here's a strong candidate:

nyklgmbbhe362qbke35qmozvf.gif

How the Ravens' Winged-B-Shield or the current logo got picked over this is beyond me. A couple of color tweaks, and this could look excellent:

5368779068_aef67c8904_b.jpg

Aw, man, you stole my idea for a post on this thread. I couldn't agree more, especially considering the current Ravens logo look like a rat with a beak tied onto it's snout, instead of an actual Raven.

Here's a strong candidate:

nyklgmbbhe362qbke35qmozvf.gif

How the Ravens' Winged-B-Shield or the current logo got picked over this is beyond me. A couple of color tweaks, and this could look excellent:

5368779068_aef67c8904_b.jpg

Aw, man, you stole my idea for a post on this thread. I couldn't agree more, especially considering the current Ravens logo look like a rat with a beak tied onto it's snout, instead of an actual Raven.

I did another take on that a good while back...it also baffles me that the Ravens chose not to us this birdhead, or a modified version of it, over what they have now.

As far as that winged-shield logo they used to use...did someone say "lawsuit"?? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As far as that winged-shield logo they used to use...did someone say "lawsuit"?? :P

That winged-shield was a horrible logo, which makes it all the more perplexing that they stole the idea. If you are going to steal someone's design, at least steal a good one.

Archived