Rangers wearing Red with Home Jerseys

MC2

I have been away for a few days so I don't know if this has been posted, or how many times they have worn this, but I have seen 2 games that the Rangers have worn Red hats/socks with their regular home jerseys. Anybody know why?

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

They did it a few times last year too. I don't think there's any particular reason why. Even as someone who likes their red look, it doesn't work.

I would like it a lot more if they would wear it with an alternate white home jersey that has red lettering....it just looks too out of place with that current blue script otherwise

I have been away for a few days so I don't know if this has been posted, or how many times they have worn this, but I have seen 2 games that the Rangers have worn Red hats/socks with their regular home jerseys. Anybody know why?

Well, red is part of the team identity. Always has been. That, and they used to wear read full time back in the 90's, as someone already pointed out, so it's nothing new.

Personally, I like em all.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Hopefully they make a switch back to the 1990's home with the red script. That would be great.

Yes because we need two Angels in the same division.

Easy solution: the Angels could wear blue hats again like they should. Forget Arte Moreno and his favoritism for red, throw a navy cap with a red brim in place of the full reds on all the uniforms, and you've got a winner.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Hopefully they make a switch back to the 1990's home with the red script. That would be great.

Easy solution: the Angels could wear blue hats again like they should. Forget Arte Moreno and his favoritism for red, throw a navy cap with a red brim in place of the full reds on all the uniforms, and you've got a winner.

That's not a reason for the Rangers to go away from what THEY'VE traditionally worn. Except for 6 seasons that they were primarily red and the one season of red at home and blue on the road (and alt), they've been a predominantly blue team.

The Rangers made the ALT red jersey their main home ALT this year so blue has been used much less at home this year (I think they've only worn the blue ALT at Home 3 times this year, on 4/3 vs. Boston; 4/26 vs. the Angels who were wearing their reds & most recently on 6/24 vs the Mets). They have worn the red caps with red shirts and socks only a couple of times each year since 2009 (and always around the beginning of July), but starting this past week or so they have worn it almost every night they have worn their normal white unis. I kind of hope the blue becomes only a red color next season. I also like the fact that the script is blue because it gives them a little contrast. It also makes them more unique and less like the Angels or Reds. Still wish they would change the Home jerseys to say 'Rangers' instead of 'Texas', though.

That's not a reason for the Rangers to go away from what THEY'VE traditionally worn. Except for 6 seasons that they were primarily red and the one season of red at home and blue on the road (and alt), they've been a predominantly blue team.

Right. What I'm saying is the Angels should be a blue and red, rather than a just-red team, anyways. That way if the Rangers were ever to switch to red (which I'd honestly be against), there wouldn't be a problem.

It's just my humble opinion that the Angels should have never become a predominantly red team. They've always worn some sort of blue hat, and they're still a "blue hat" team to me. All you've got to do to make thier set perfect is drop a blue cap with a red brim in. Done, presto, voila. Don't even need to touch the jerseys or pants.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I think that crown, belt, and socks/stirrups should match. It's my biggest problem with the Phillies alt uniform, and it's my problem with the Rangers set as well. I can't tell if their normal belts are blue or black, but either way, their entire set is just a mess - but could be cleaned up very easily.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They've had black belts at Home & on Road since 2009, but they wore black belts starting in 2000 until 2003 (they also switched to wearing black cleats in 2000). In 2004 they went to wearing blue belts and blue cleats until the most recent change in '09 when they went back to black belts & cleats again. I think black belts are good when a team like the Rangers interchanges between two colors (red & blue) since black pretty goes well with any color.

I wonder if they will wear the red hats on the road after the break.

They have yet to do that since 1999. I think they are slowly making blue a road color and red their home color (much like in 2000) I don't think they will start wearing the red cap on the road, but I guess ya never know.

In 2009 when they debuted the set and swept the Indians to start the series, they wanted to take the red stuff out on the road, but the equipment manager put the kibosh on it because they didn't want to haul two sets of helmets and hats.

IIRC early on in that 2009 season, the Rangers wore some odd uniform combination at home against the O's due to try to break a losing streak (or continue a winning streak). I'm pretty sure it was red helmets/caps with the blue alternate jersey (but it might have been blue helmets/hats with the red alternate jersey).

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived