Atlanta Hawks

Hoopskid

As the title says, I tried to make a unique NBA jersey for the Hawks. As usual, I tried mixing the older Hawks famous uniform with a modern twist. I was going for a clean and simple design.

The colors I was going for was a dark dark dark red with a peach orange color to represent the state of Georgia. I really liked the Hawks Red-Yellow/Gold-Black, but think altering the shades of those colors a bit makes this identity much more unique. The design is inspired by the Hawks 80's uniforms, Commodore Crablegs' Hawks concept, and I used the Columbus Bluejackets font because when I saw it I just felt like designing something for the Hawks. My only concern is that they're too similar to the Cavs, but when I redesign the Cavs I'll choose a different color schemes for them. Hopefully you enjoy these uniforms and let me know what you think!

hawksconcept-1.png

And I also recolored the home set to represent each era of Hawks colors. I'm fairly confident in my color choice, but thought it'd be cool to see.

hawkscombos.png

I like it. I can't really pick a favorite color combination either, but that's just because I'm a fan of them all. The only thing that seems off is the number on the backs. Probably just something to get used to, I can't really think of a way to fix it, and it fits with the theme of the jersey.

the back layout of the jersey is pretty unique and a nice look, but the front does not translate well. There are too many angles. The numbers are at 1 angle, the type is at another and the two lines end at different angles as well.

It's supposed to all be the same angle. I tried to make it as a close as possible, I'll work on evening them out.

The design is cool. But as Brave-Bird 08 pointed out the colors are way too close to the Cavs. I'd go with the green/blue for the sake of being a little more unique. You have the Wolves and Mavs out west who wear green/blue in their color schemes but nobody in the east uses it.

I'm not entirely sure if I like the color scheme, but the design is pretty shnazzy. It's a good modernization of their classic 80s look. The one thing I would change is the number font. It doesn't really look good with the thin, serifed wordmark. And what MEANS meant with the angles is that you have an italic wordmark, non-italic numbers, and the edge of the stripes on the front are straight up and down, so none of the left/right edges line up. So I would italicize the numbers and NOB as well.

Love this so far, but have a couple questions. What does it look like from the side? I'm having a hard time imagining it in my head. From the template you have now, it looks like the line/piping just disappears when it meets the seem of the jersey. Does it connect to shorts? Also, how does it look if you fully enclose the wordmark with the lines/piping, like the nameplate?

I like it. From a marketing pov yeah the color scheme does say cavs but the jersey design is unique enough for Hawks to differentiate themselves. But i really would be fine with any of the color combinations except the current one Hawks have.

What does it look like from the side? I'm having a hard time imagining it in my head. From the template you have now, it looks like the line/piping just disappears when it meets the seem of the jersey. Does it connect to shorts? Also, how does it look if you fully enclose the wordmark with the lines/piping, like the nameplate?

on the home, the yellow stripe on the front makes a sharp turn upwards to the yellow stripe below the NOB which ends at the collar / seam.

The Shorts striping in no way connects to the jersey, it ends at the waist band / seam.

Its unique... but I'm not sure its a good unique. Also, I would maybe go with a red/black/yellow/white colors rather than the wine/gold/white... Looks too much like the Cavs.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I think my biggest thing with this is the font's. I know your trying to be unique and I think you did a pretty good job doing so, I'm just not feeling them completely. But overall, I applaud you for being different, that's what the concept forums are all about.

More than great concept so far, especially the uniforms...they look phenomenal!!!

However, 1) I agree with some previous posters who call for a return to red and yellow, and 2) I'm on the fence about the font as well.

Still I like where this one's going...

[447]

the back layout of the jersey is pretty unique and a nice look, but the front does not translate well. There are too many angles. The numbers are at 1 angle, the type is at another and the two lines end at different angles as well.

It's supposed to all be the same angle. I tried to make it as a close as possible, I'll work on evening them out.

I dont know if anyone said this, but the reason they are not at the same angle is because the letters are italicized while the numbers arent so it ends up looking really strange. make the numbers italicized at the exact same angle as the words and it'd be much better. other than that, it's an interesting design, but the Hawks are one team thats had its fare share of unique jerseys in the past so it could work.

Archived