BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My internet connection has been shaky. I'm looking for someone to send my picks to. I'd say for you to pick 10 minutes before my time on the clock runs out. Just to be safe, in case the connection acts up again.

If you give them to me I'll give you an hour. That's about it. The pace of this draft needs to pick up.

Oddbal is already coming up on the halfway point of his five hours and will get skipped if he goes over. He can still pick at any point, but brushimania will be allowed to pick.

I thought the deal was that someone gets to pick for him. Because if he could pick anytime, that could conflict whoevers turn it is (say both oddball and scottysprings pick Mark Teahen at the same time. Then what?)

25yzwqg.png

My internet connection has been shaky. I'm looking for someone to send my picks to. I'd say for you to pick 10 minutes before my time on the clock runs out. Just to be safe, in case the connection acts up again.

If you give them to me I'll give you an hour. That's about it. The pace of this draft needs to pick up.

Oddbal is already coming up on the halfway point of his five hours and will get skipped if he goes over. He can still pick at any point, but brushimania will be allowed to pick.

I thought the deal was that someone gets to pick for him. Because if he could pick anytime, that could conflict whoevers turn it is (say both oddball and scottysprings pick Mark Teahen at the same time. Then what?)

That's what I thought. So if oddball is unable to pick, can I pick for him? I gotta a good player in mind. :devil:

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

I thought the deal was that someone gets to pick for him. Because if he could pick

anytime, that could conflict whoevers turn it is (say both oddball and scottysprings pick Mark Teahen at the same time. Then what?)

That's what I thought. So if oddball is unable to pick, can I pick for him? I gotta a good player in mind. :devil:

Do it! It's kind of like a penalty for not getting a pick in on time.

25yzwqg.png

Do it! It's kind of like a penalty for not getting a pick in on time.

Well, I've narrowed it down to two players for him.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

NEW RULES.

1. 5 Hours Time Limit on selections. When time has expired any of the other GMs may make a selection for you. Do you want want Carl Pavano in your starting rotation? I didn't think so. :rolleyes:

No, Bruschi, I'm pretty sure they're chosen for. Otherwise, it would screw up the next picker(s), because the person who failed tom meet the time requirements could just jump in at any time and screw up the person who was picking (they could even be in the middle of posting their pick of a player when the skipped member takes him. It wouldn't be fair).

25yzwqg.png

Not the most recent update.

RULES.

1. 5 Hours Time Limit on selections. When time expires you are skipped over until you show up, but if this happens, you may be replaced, at my discretion.

From my understanding you get skipped over but can choose at any point. If two people pick the same person the person who shows up first on the selection thread gets the pick. If your dumb enough to leave the second after you pick and not even bother to look in front of you, I'd say that's on you.

I think what we should do is set some kind of draft day for the weekend where time between picks would go down to half an hour for just that day. People are going to take however long they are given and really don't care about how it affects others because as long as they are in the rules it doesen't matter.

If at least 12 people could show up for it, I'd say there's no reason not to do it, because this is ridiculous. Its been just about a week already and we're not even out of the fourth round. People also haven't been that pressed to do much research yet. Wait until you get to round 10.

Nobody is ever going to be completely satisfied with whatever the rules are, but right now we're moving as fast as the slowest person here and I think you could find a date where a vast majority of the people could commit to being here.

Anyways, as my posting might have suggested, the movies got put off for another day. Disregard my earlier PM and statement, I'll be here to draft.

Stick around because you have less then two hours before you'll pick at the most.

On an unrelated note this is how I would rank the players that have gone so far just to give you a sense of my thinking. If your player is not on the list it means I consider them to be unrankable either due to extensive international play, negro league play or prior to turn of the century play.

1. Babe Ruth

2. Walter Johnson

3. Ty Cobb

4. Honus Wagner

5. Stan Musial

6. Barry Bonds

7. Warren Spahn

8. Greg Maddux

9. Ted Williams

10. Rogers Hornsby

11. Tris Speaker

12. Eddie Collins

13. Willie Mays

14. Roger Clemens

15. Hank Aaron

16. Nolan Ryan

17. Napolean Lajoie

18. Grover Cleveland Alexander

19. Randy Johnson

20. Mickey Mantle

21. Charlie Gehringer

22. Tom Seaver

23. Pete Rose

24. Lou Gehrig

25. Bob Feller

26. Yogi Berra

27. Christy Matthewson

28. Lefty Grove

29. Gaylord Perry

30. Mike Schmidt

31. Ernie Banks

32. Cal Ripken

33. Jimmie Foxx

34. Frank Robinson

35. Alex Rodirguez

36. Bob Gibson

37. Johnny Bench

38. Joe DiMaggio

39. Rickey Henderson

40. Ken Griffey

41. Eddie Plank

42. Sandy Koufax

43. Mike Piazza

44. Kirby Puckett

45. Roy Campanella

46. Roberto Clemente

47. Reggie Jackson

48. Mark McGwire

To be safe, I've sent a list of names to pmoehrin in the event I am unavaliable during my next picks (which I assume won't be for a while, but I sent them anyways as a precaution). I work M-F, 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM (Mountain Time), so I am avaliable before and after that time.

Thanks, and good luck everyone!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I'm going to duck out for a couple hours, but Dexter should get here before I get back and it will also be his pick as well. Told me about 5PM so shouldn't be too much of a delay.

If not then I will just pick for him when I return.

I was actually thinking about George Brett last night, but I wasn't convinced about him. So I started looking at catchers and no one stood out to me that I could think of off the top of my head until I was laying in bed this morning and Pudge popped into my head.

Archived