Chisox - Tigers

ARTnSocal

The Tigers were honoring the Negro League for their weekend home-stand against the White Sox. Tigers wore uniforms of the Detroit Stars, while the Sox sported those of the Chicago American Giants.

There was no mention made as to what particular year the uniforms were originally worn.

As usual, neither club had throwback batting helmets to go with their set .... banghead.gif

63292371.jpg

63292367.jpg

chisox_tigers_negroetbax.jpg

63294473.jpg

63292371.jpg

I want this hat. And I want this jersey.

P.S. I was amused that your brick wall gif. came from a Bills board.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

that chicago uniform is one of the greatest uniforms i've ever seen in any sport in any era. i love it.

But for the intervention of a publicity director, you would have seen that uniform 80 games a season, in all American League ballparks save one.

The Yankees almost adopted it (with their "NY" logo over the heart) as their road uniform in the 1970s.

that chicago uniform is one of the greatest uniforms i've ever seen in any sport in any era. i love it.

But for the intervention of a publicity director, you would have seen that uniform 80 games a season, in all American League ballparks save one.

The Yankees almost adopted it (with their "NY" logo over the heart) as their road uniform in the 1970s.

lol. don't ruin it for me. as a boston-born gentleman, i'm not allowed to like this news.

Is this Sox one supposed to be navy? It seems lighter than that (I'm assuming the one the Yanks were considering would've been navy).

is this the first time the same throwback uniform has been worn by two different teams? i swear the cubs wore that same set the first year they went to detroit.

is this the first time the same throwback uniform has been worn by two different teams? i swear the cubs wore that same set the first year they went to detroit.

Don't know about the Cubs, but the White Sox wore this uniform in Detroit in 2008.

7c0f0f064971b7e9a20cca475ea5.jpeg

And again in 2009 in Kansas City.

300_3317-thumb-250x260-1200351.jpg

Is this Sox one supposed to be navy? It seems lighter than that (I'm assuming the one the Yanks were considering would've been navy).

I was at this game. The Sox jerseys were dark navy. The photos make them look brighter than they were. Further, the Detroit Stars jerseys were more cream than these photos show.

i can't find photos of the game, but i do know the game was june 24, 1998. i think sosa hit a home run in that game. the only reason this stands out to me is they showed an image of the uniform during a game on wgn advertising their vineline magazine. if it wasn't this uniform it was one that looked very close to what the sox wore.

Archived