College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

You guys are going to hate the following:

Tennessee - White-White-Orange vs Kentucky White-Black-Black

UK in white-black-black. Tennessee in white-white-orange. I think UK might as well have gone with a black lid to complete the blackout.

You would think they would...buy some black spray paint for goodness sakes.

You do realize you can't just buy a can of Krylon and paint a helmet shell don't you? That's why refinishers get so much cash for their services - special paint that doesn't degrade the shell.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Oregon unis would be illegal in the Mountain West.

I see a ton of people in the stands with the "Fighting Ducks" alts with the original green/gold. Seems like those colors are really popular. Would love to see Oregon go back to that shade of green. As for now, the jerseys/pants and the helmets are so mismatched that it kills the school colors effect.

You guys are going to hate the following:

Tennessee - White-White-Orange vs Kentucky White-Black-Black

UK in white-black-black. Tennessee in white-white-orange. I think UK might as well have gone with a black lid to complete the blackout.

You would think they would...buy some black spray paint for goodness sakes.

You do realize you can't just buy a can of Krylon and paint a helmet shell don't you? That's why refinishers get so much cash for their services - special paint that doesn't degrade the shell.

It was a sarcastic comment. Wow! You really didn't get that?

spacer.png

Those Oregon unis would be illegal in the Mountain West.

Nope, the MWC rule only applies to BSU since they are the only team with a non-green field.

And Oregon plays on a green field.. hence the joke.

That being said, the jerseys definitely have a grey tinge to them. I see the green, but in the lighting you can also see grey.

Guys, those tops and pants oregon is wearing are grey, not green. Green would look good.

Sorry but that's Oregons green

Are y'all sure?

They don't look anywhere near as good as this:

111108stanford_oregon2010_660.jpg

Yeah, it does look a little faded, but that definately matches the jerseys, which are green.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

NC State wore their red helmets against Maryland. The Terps wore matte black helmets, white jerseys, and yellow pants. Oh, and the 'Pack scored 35 unanswered to come back from 41-14 down.

Wow, IMO a failed year for Maryland in the record books and uniform-wise. I love the red helmets for NC State, as someone said before it separates them from Stanford.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Duke is wearing White-White-Black today vs North Carolina Carolina Blue-Carolina Blue-White

Finally, Virginia Tech are wearing their striped white pants.

I know people will probably disagree, but I think Tennessee needs to have their "T" on their helmet outlined in Black to match their jersey, or they need to just look the black outlining the numbers because their whole set does not look good. The colors of orange are different and it is just annoying looking at them.

Picture of Tennessee vs Kentucky

spacer.png

Guys, those tops and pants oregon is wearing are grey, not green. Green would look good.

Sorry but that's Oregons green

Are y'all sure?

They don't look anywhere near as good as this:

111108stanford_oregon2010_660.jpg

Can someone clarify, is oregon wearing a new shade of green or is it just a cloudy day? They appear to be far more dull than the picture above.

Also vt is wearing throwback helmets.

Archived