College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a 2012 change, but I just saw it break.

ByTimReynolds Tim Reynolds Breaking news: Miami says football team will not wear green jerseys in 2012.

Lame. With all the alternates from other schools, why drop yours?

It's not like their known for being a traditional school with traditional unis...

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Also breaking for 2012: Missouri head football coach Gary Pinkel told those assembled for today's Tiger QB Club meeting that Mizzou will wear a new uniform design next season. This, of course, coincides with Mizzou's planned SEC debut plus the installation of new artificial turf. No further details were announced. Pinkel hinted that the uniforms might be unveiled during the annual Spring game in April. The design is apparently final as Pinkel has indicated he likes the new look. He would not answer an inquiry regarding changes to the team's helmet design.

And, yes, it's believed that he was sober during the meeting. I guess time will tell whether he was when he rendered his positive assessment of the new gear.

Also breaking for 2012: Missouri head football coach Gary Pinkel told those assembled for today's Tiger QB Club meeting that Mizzou will wear a new uniform design next season. This, of course, coincides with Mizzou's planned SEC debut plus the installation of new artificial turf. No further details were announced. Pinkel hinted that the uniforms might be unveiled during the annual Spring game in April. The design is apparently final as Pinkel has indicated he likes the new look. He would not answer an inquiry regarding changes to the team's helmet design.

And, yes, it's believed that he was sober during the meeting. I guess time will tell whether he was when he rendered his positive assessment of the new gear.

As long as it symbolizes the beginning of the end for the Mizzou template I'm all for it.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

As long as it symbolizes the beginning of the end for the Mizzou template I'm all for it.

Pure speculation on my part, but my best guess is that the Tigers will give simplification one more shot, eliminating the piping and returning to a solid jersey - black with gold cuffs and neck trim at home and white with black cuffs and neck trim on the road. I'm also guessing there will be options to wear black, gold and white pants - no stripes or piping. I think the numbers will stay the same.

I hope Mizzou puts the tiger on the helmet. Their helmet looks too dull when put together with the other sec helmets.

The gold block "M" has been a mainstay for the past 16 seasons, clearly the most successful in the program's history and I have no reason to believe they'll move away from that or the helmet striping scheme. However, I can foresee a scenario where the Tigers adopt a white alternate helmet (as a handful of SEC programs have done) which might use the tiger head logo (just the head, not the oval tiger head logo which appears on the present jerseys) since the gold decal would not show up very well against a white background.

Again, all just pure speculation on my part, but we've frequently cycled back to contemporary takes on the uniforms worn by the Devine-era Tigers (previously the most successful era of Mizzou football) a number of times over the past 25 or so years. A move to the SEC (against whom the Devine-era Tigers had quite a bit of success) would present another excuse to take this route.

ByTimReynolds Tim Reynolds Breaking news: Miami says football team will not wear green jerseys in 2012.

Maybe they don't feel like some small-time program that needs constant uniform gimmicks to attract attention.

Maybe they don't feel like some small-time program that needs constant uniform gimmicks to attract attention.

I'm not sure that theory holds much weight, considering Miami has been a Pro Combat team 2/3 years, and the fact that Nike seems to change their uniform every four seasons.

The gold block "M" has been a mainstay for the past 16 seasons, clearly the most successful in the program's history and I have no reason to believe they'll move away from that or the helmet striping scheme. However, I can foresee a scenario where the Tigers adopt a white alternate helmet (as a handful of SEC programs have done) which might use the tiger head logo (just the head, not the oval tiger head logo which appears on the present jerseys) since the gold decal would not show up very well against a white background.

Other than Kentucky's white helmet, what other SEC teams have an alt helmet? Other than UGA and LSU's Pro Combats this year, I can't think of any...

Other than Kentucky's white helmet, what other SEC teams have an alt helmet? Other than UGA and LSU's Pro Combats this year, I can't think of any...

Vanderbilt, they have black and gold helmets.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived