College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Not sure about those 'bama lids, that looks to close to Cocky's in that image for me...strange, I've never seen those before. What games did they wear those for?

http://www.mghelmets.com/index.html

Go to NCAA, SEC, then Alabama. 1983-1984.

Their years are a little off, they wore them under Bryant, as seen in the "Roll Tide, War Eagle" documentary, and he retired after the 1982 season.

They were also worn under another coach according to the forum I got that picture from.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

University of Georgia sports information department has confirmed the Dawgs will be in red jerseys and "silver" britches against LSU, despite the fact the seniors asked earlier in the year to wear the Pro Combat uniforms again if they made it to the dome. Can't argue. I think Georgia vs. LSU makes for one of the more beautiful games in CFB.

slideshow_901354_gafoot.1026-bs14.jpg

Not sure about those 'bama lids, that looks to close to Cocky's in that image for me...strange, I've never seen those before. What games did they wear those for?

http://www.mghelmets.com/index.html

Go to NCAA, SEC, then Alabama. 1983-1984.

Their years are a little off, they wore them under Bryant, as seen in the "Roll Tide, War Eagle" documentary, and he retired after the 1982 season.

They were also worn under another coach according to the forum I got that picture from.

They wore them for some games in 1983 when Ray Perkins succeeded Bear Bryant. I attended the 1983 Alabama-LSU game in Baton Rouge, and Bama wore white helmets that day (was played at 11 a.m. local time so that ABC could televise the game).

UPDATE: The link below is from Alabama's official website. It details the years of white helmets. 1983 and 84 are correct, in addition to some of the years under Bear Bryant in the '60s and in 1971.

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/060706aaa.html

University of Georgia sports information department has confirmed the Dawgs will be in red jerseys and "silver" britches against LSU, despite the fact the seniors asked earlier in the year to wear the Pro Combat uniforms again if they made it to the dome. Can't argue. I think Georgia vs. LSU makes for one of the more beautiful games in CFB.

=) That's beautiful

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/04/35/01/slideshow_901354_gafoot.1026-bs14.jpg

=) That's beautiful

It's probably a smart idea by Mark Richt. He hasn't done so well as a coach in alternates. There was the blackout against Alabama that didn't end so well. There was the black helmet/pants for the Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party which they lost. Then there was the Pro Combats earlier this year that resulted in a loss. The only win I can remember was the Sugar Bowl versus Hawaii, and I mean come on, it was an overrated Hawaii team. I think this is a smart move on his part.

He also hasn't done well as a coach in regular uniforms too....maybe they should dump those too

Out of 11 seasons he's only had one losing one(and that was technically a .500 season), and Georgia has been ranked in the top 25 at the end of every season except the last two. I'd say he's done a pretty good job.

jNTsTyQ.png

He also hasn't done well as a coach in regular uniforms too....maybe they should dump those too

He's won 10 straight. I'd say that's pretty good.

Of course none of those 10 wins was against a team currently ranked in the top 25.

Of course none of those 10 wins was against a team currently ranked in the top 25.

Auburn and Tech were both ranked at the time, and of course any SEC win is impressive when compared to the quality of the high-school teams in the so-called "mountain west" conference.

He has the same amount of losses as Chip Kelly this year...

And Chip still has more wins over ranked teams than georgia this year...

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/04/35/01/slideshow_901354_gafoot.1026-bs14.jpg

=) That's beautiful

It's probably a smart idea by Mark Richt. He hasn't done so well as a coach in alternates. There was the blackout against Alabama that didn't end so well. There was the black helmet/pants for the Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party which they lost. Then there was the Pro Combats earlier this year that resulted in a loss. The only win I can remember was the Sugar Bowl versus Hawaii, and I mean come on, it was an overrated Hawaii team. I think this is a smart move on his part.

Don't forget the win in 2007 against Auburn - the first game in the black unis.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Auburn and Tech were both ranked at the time, and of course any SEC win is impressive when compared to the quality of the high-school teams in the so-called "mountain west" conference.

So no wins over any team currently ranked? Got it. And 0-1 vs. the "high-school teams in the so-called "mountain west" conference?" Ouch. That's not very good. I guess you are easily impressed.

He has the same amount of losses as Chip Kelly this year...

And Chip still has more wins over ranked teams than georgia this year...

I'm not arguing that. I'm just pointing out if Mark Richt hasn't "done well" at 10-2 neither has Chip Kelly.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

and of course any SEC win is impressive when compared to the quality of the high-school teams in the so-called "mountain west" conference.

Yes... when I think of Vandy, Ole Miss, Kentucky, and Tennessee, "impressive" is the word that comes to mind. :rolleyes:

Those four, combined 18-30, the bottom four in the Mtn. West, 13-32

SEC Win %: .625, Mtn. West Win %: .517

Thank god UGA is sticking with their normal set. I truly think that may be my favorite look in college football.

And don't let the lack of wins against top 25 teams fool you, Georgia is GOOD. And their young as hell too, don't be surprised to see them be a legit title contender next season, and the season after that. That being said, LSU will probably beat them by 3 scores.

90758391980.gif

According to Richt, none of the players were like "Hey, remember when we asked for it?" I'm guessing that the entire team chalked the alts up to bad luck.

Good decision, those PC uniforms were garbage.

Archived