NFL all-white uni's. Who should/shouldn't list

JohnnySeoul

It's amazing how one little detail like full green socks can make or break the Jets road uniforms

Wayne+Chrebet+e4.jpg

New+York+Jets+v+New+York+Giants+KWHq1xd6jmOl.jpg

Sidenote: it is really hard to find any picture of the Jets wearing white on white with the green sock.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been a fan of white-on-white. It looks okay on some teams, but it just seems too clean and sterile to me. Now back when players used to play in the mud, well that's a different story. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) those days are -for the most part- long gone.

Well, it's not exactly Colts vs Giants from the 1950's but here's some mud for ya....courtesy of Soldier Field.

87837_Bills_Bears_Football.jpg

Soldier Field is the exception - their turf is worse than the grass softball fields at the county fairground.

I've never been a fan of white-on-white. It looks okay on some teams, but it just seems too clean and sterile to me. Now back when players used to play in the mud, well that's a different story. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) those days are -for the most part- long gone.

Well, it's not exactly Colts vs Giants from the 1950's but here's some mud for ya....courtesy of Soldier Field.

87837_Bills_Bears_Football.jpg

In all fairness to the surface at Soldier Field, that photo was taken after a 3rd and 1 when the Bills ran the 'wildcat ' and Brad Smith tripped past the cameraman way behind the Bears bench area that had remained uncovered by the tarp during the rains before the game had started.

Brad tripped and fell right into a mud-puddle. None of the other players got all muddied up like he did. They had given the natural surface at Soldier Field high-ratings on the night.

It's amazing how one little detail like full green socks can make or break the Jets road uniforms

Wayne+Chrebet+e4.jpg

It's amazing how much better the Lions looked back then. I actually don't mind the white socks on the white jersey. It at least saves us from the players who wear solid green socks or only show an inch of white above their ankles.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm watching the Browns/Bears preseason game and I have to admit, the Browns' all-white (including socks) just looks really REALLY plain this season. I love traditional uni's and I'm a diehard Browns fan, but the all-whites look like :censored: out there tonight.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I'm watching the Browns/Bears preseason game and I have to admit, the Browns' all-white (including socks) just looks really REALLY plain this season. I love traditional uni's and I'm a diehard Browns fan, but the all-whites look like :censored: out there tonight.

. . .

I would like the white on white set better if the top of the socks were brown about 2/3, and the bottom the other 1/3 white.

I have this same problem with the BILLS all-white uniforms set. JETS doing the same thing ... I don't gettit :therock:

It looks like Colt is wearing a 2nd pair of socks in white which aren't as long.

09000d5d821e2ca7_gallery_600.jpg

I honestly hate falcons all white, I think all NFL teams should use colored pants on the road, except the Chiefs. Just look at the comparison.

Sharper-hunting-down-Michael-Turner.jpg

20051124NFLAtlantaFalconsDeAngeloHall.jpg

Personally I prefer the all White Falcons uni there!

I restate my general rule, if you wear white pants with your colored jersey, all whites are fine. Some teams look better in colored pants, but in general all whites aren't a problem to me.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I restate my general rule, if you wear white pants with your colored jersey, all whites are fine.

Redskins. Not only do all-whites bring back memories of the Steve Spurrier era (*shudder*), but they just plain don't look good.

IMO Skins should only ever have three sets: burgundy on white, burgundy on gold (strictly on occasion), and white on burgundy. Everything else looks terrible. No more white on white, white on gold, or burgundy on burgundy. Ever.

I believe teams with the most simple color palettes should be the only ones going WFWS. Teams like the Colts, Jets, Browns, etc. The teams with more complex palettes like the Falcons, Seahawks, Rams, etc, should not...

This is how I felt until last night's Browns/Bears game. Last year, I thought the all-white w/white socks uni's looked great, timeless, and classic for the Browns (regardless of how much I prefer the brown pants). But this year, they just look flat out boring and dated. It's unfortunate they are wearing white all season (home and away).

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

This is how I felt until last night's Browns/Bears game. Last year, I thought the all-white w/white socks uni's looked great, timeless, and classic for the Browns (regardless of how much I prefer the brown pants). But this year, they just look flat out boring and dated. It's unfortunate they are wearing white all season (home and away).

I think the white/white/white looks great for the Browns. I hate the brown pants, and brown socks with white pants just didn't look right for them. To me, that look is the perfect look for them. The only changes I would make would be to thin the pants stripes (to 1995 width, not as thin as their throwbacks), white facemask, remove AL patch, remove wordmark from front, bring back the striped brown socks, lighten the br... you know what, just go back to the 1995 set with the only change being the numbers moved to the shoulders. That was perfection.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think the white/white/white looks great for the Browns. I hate the brown pants, and brown socks with white pants just didn't look right for them. To me, that look is the perfect look for them. The only changes I would make would be to thin the pants stripes (to 1995 width, not as thin as their throwbacks), white facemask, remove AL patch, remove wordmark from front, bring back the striped brown socks, lighten the br... you know what, just go back to the 1995 set with the only change being the numbers moved to the shoulders. That was perfection.

Pre-1995 Browns were perfect....loved the TV numbers on the sleeves.

454960.jpg

fmillifieldproset90a1.jpg?w=218&h=300

And for the love of all that is pure and holy...PLEASE get rid of the "AL" patch. Al Lerner helped move the original Browns to Baltimore.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I believe teams with the most simple color palettes should be the only ones going WFWS. Teams like the Colts, Jets, Browns, etc. The teams with more complex palettes like the Falcons, Seahawks, Rams, etc, should not...

How complex a pallette is red, black and White? Or blue, gold and White? Certainly no more complex than orange, brown and White!!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I don't get this. They're the exact same uniforms.

I watched some of that game and I thought both teams looked dull. I'm going to blame Soldier Field's awful nighttime lighting.

Wait for a sunny autumn day and I think the Browns will look good (or as good as the Brown can look) again.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Wayne+Chrebet+e4.jpg

Sidenote: it is really hard to find any picture of the Jets wearing white on white with the green sock.

While the green socks on the Jets road uniforms do look better than the white ones, I like the green pants much better. The all white looks unbalanced on the Jets because of the green sleeves on their jersey, but the green pants help rectify this problem.

New+York+Jets+v+Seattle+Seahawks+pChv7JNKCahl.jpg

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

I don't get this. They're the exact same uniforms.

I watched some of that game and I thought both teams looked dull. I'm going to blame Soldier Field's awful nighttime lighting.

Wait for a sunny autumn day and I think the Browns will look good (or as good as the Brown can look) again.

It is the same uni's, but they just feel different this year. They went so long with the horrible solid brown socks with their white/white combo, that it made the white striped socks look great last season. But 2nd time around, they now just look boring. Orange striped socks would better balance out the logo-less orange helmet when wearing the white/white combo.

550px-AFCN-Uniform-CLE_future_prototype45.PNG

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I restate my general rule, if you wear white pants with your colored jersey, all whites are fine.

Redskins. Not only do all-whites bring back memories of the Steve Spurrier era (*shudder*), but they just plain don't look good.

IMO Skins should only ever have three sets: burgundy on white, burgundy on gold (strictly on occasion), and white on burgundy. Everything else looks terrible. No more white on white, white on gold, or burgundy on burgundy. Ever.

Did the Redskins ever wear all-white during the Spurrier era? I associate the whites with the 2005 playoff run under Gibbs.

12/4/05 - WAS 24 STL 9

12/11/05 - WAS 17 ARZ 13

12/18/05 - WAS 35 DAL 7

12/24/05 - WAS 35 NYG 20

1/1/06 - WAS 31 PHI 20

1/7/06 - WAS 17 TB 10 (Wild Card)

1/14/06 - WAS 10 SEA 20 (Divisional)

5 straight wins to make the playoffs and one playoff win in seven straight weeks of all-white.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Did the Redskins ever wear all-white during the Spurrier era? I associate the whites with the 2005 playoff run under Gibbs.

We wore all-white during the Monday night game in '02 against the Eagles. That was the first time we did so. After Spurrier left, we kept the all-whites for a while, and wore them under Zorn as well.

To me, the all-whites (also all-burgundy... NEVER AGAIN!) represent mediocrity and Dan Snyder's prying fingers.

Archived