NFL all-white uni's. Who should/shouldn't list

JohnnySeoul

I've realized the reason dark pants don't work for the Bears and Browns is that they're worn with white socks. If the socks are a third color, dark pants can work, but when they look like they're big blobs floating in a sea of white, it's odd to my eyes. I suppose the Browns could wear orange socks with the brown pants, but why not just wear orange pants with brown socks and obviate the ugly brown pants altogether? There's no way around it for the Bears, though, because navy socks with navy pants would just look funny, even with the orange stripes to break up the socks. So really, the Bears kinda have to wear white-white-white.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be in that same minority then, because I agree 100% with that, Curtis.

At some point, the Browns (Holmgren?) really need to come to their senses, revive the orange pants, scrap the white ones (yeah I said it), and be done with it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

i think the browns color-hierarchy needs to go like this:

brown

white

orange

grey

keep the helmet orange, cause it's iconic... but brown should be their first choice of color, when a color needs to be used. brown pants with white jerseys, white pants with brown jerseys. orange only as an accent. those orange helmet/white jersey/orange pants uniforms just don't have enough brown for a team named browns. they aren't the oranges.

There is that theory when it comes to football uniforms that, when the team wears white jerseys, the pants should be the same color as the helmet.

I generally like that theory. There are exceptions, sure, but there are also some obvious ones where that theory holds solid. Like the Bears or Chiefs. Sure, the Bears wore white pants with white jerseys for years, but after going to the navy pants for those years, they just look wrong when wearing white and white.

And, by the way, as a Viking fan, I would love to see the Vikings go to purple pants on the road. I'm just not so sure this particular uniform look, especially with the side stripes, is right for the Vikes. But that's another discussion.

that is generally the classic combo, but i think its best with dark, cool colors. i dont like the Browns orange pants or the Chiefs red pants. those are very "loud" colors that command a lot of attention and i think its best used as an accent or secondary color. in college or high school its more appropriate because those youthful energizing colors work in that context. ive always like the colored helmet and white/white look though. give me any color palette with that combination and im on board.

Β 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE Β / Β MEDIUMΒ  / Β DRIBBBLE

Redskins = should not.

The white on white doesn't look terrible, but the white on burgundy looks better. But really they should always go white on gold.

5001218.jpg

What do you not understand about all-white?

Didn't I tell you to never quote me again?

And what are you even talking about? What do you mean? Is it because the Redskins don't have a white helmet? Is that what you're trying to say? Well considering literally the FIRST example JohnnySeoul gave was the Browns (they have an Orange helmet, yes its true!) he clearly didn't mean only teams who have white helmets.

I get it though, clearly you only tried to call me out because I told you to never quote me again. It was cute, but next time why don't you wait until you actually have a decent point to fry me on.

But for real, never quote me again. Save the snark for someone else. Life's too short to have to deal with miserable,cantankerous people such as yourself. So yeah, Thanks. That'd be really kewwwllll.

I will continue to quote you as much as I please. Hope that doesn't bother you. And no the helmet has nothing to do with it, why would it? All white: meaning white jersey and white pants. The example you gave is a white jersey and yellow pants, which is a beautiful uniform, one of my favorites actually, but nonetheless is not all white. My one and only point is why would you post a picture of a uniform that is clearly not all white in a discussion about all white uniforms? Thats what I do not understand. You could start a thread any day about best road uniform, or best uniform, or best combinations, all of which would be the right thread to post that picture in, but not an all white topic. In the end it doesn't really even matter, like at all, I just wish we could all stay on topic. I will disregard your request for me to never quote you again and continue to quote you if and when I see fit, so far it has happened twice in the history of the boards, so please don't get your panties in a bunch.

I've realized the reason dark pants don't work for the Bears and Browns is that they're worn with white socks. If the socks are a third color, dark pants can work, but when they look like they're big blobs floating in a sea of white, it's odd to my eyes. I suppose the Browns could wear orange socks with the brown pants, but why not just wear orange pants with brown socks and obviate the ugly brown pants altogether? There's no way around it for the Bears, though, because navy socks with navy pants would just look funny, even with the orange stripes to break up the socks. So really, the Bears kinda have to wear white-white-white.

I know you are on the white pants bandwagon for the Bears, but I still think the blue pants are best for them on the road. Brown pants didn't work for the Browns because they completely half-assed it, ordering stock brown pants from Eastbay and sticking an NFL patch on the front. If brown pants with stripes were designed to actually fit with the uniform, it would look much better. Still, the balance on the Bears road set is perfect to me. Navy helmet, white jersey, navy pants, white socks. Just like the Chiefs, I think the helmet matching the socks makes the look perfect.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I know I'm in the miniority here, but the Browns' best look with the white top:

2485724_display_image.jpg?1290582801

Agreed 100%. Really a shame that the Browns dropped the orange pants in favor of their psuedo-retro look. That was one of the best uniform combos in the league.

IMO, if any team can get their pants to match their helmet, it improves the look...which is why teams with white helmets tend to look pretty good combined with white pants, even in an all-white look.

Β 

Β 

couldn't disagree more...the high white striped socks are a lost art...the browns, pats and bears are the last ones carrying it on...in the past you had the ravens, eagles, chargers sporting them as well...frankly the dark pant/same color sock is played out and the dark pant/contrasting sock (bengals) doesn't always look good either.

Redskins = should not.

The white on white doesn't look terrible, but the white on burgundy looks better. But really they should always go white on gold.

5001218.jpg

And what are you even talking about? What do you mean? Is it because the Redskins don't have a white helmet? Is that what you're trying to say? Well considering literally the FIRST example JohnnySeoul gave was the Browns (they have an Orange helmet, yes its true!) he clearly didn't mean only teams who have white helmets.

I get it though, clearly you only tried to call me out because I told you to never quote me again. It was cute, but next time why don't you wait until you actually have a decent point to fry me on.

But for real, never quote me again. Save the snark for someone else. Life's too short to have to deal with miserable,cantankerous people such as yourself. So yeah, Thanks. That'd be really kewwwllll.

I will continue to quote you as much as I please. Hope that doesn't bother you. And no the helmet has nothing to do with it, why would it? All white: meaning white jersey and white pants. The example you gave is a white jersey and yellow pants, which is a beautiful uniform, one of my favorites actually, but nonetheless is not all white. My one and only point is why would you post a picture of a uniform that is clearly not all white in a discussion about all white uniforms? Thats what I do not understand. You could start a thread any day about best road uniform, or best uniform, or best combinations, all of which would be the right thread to post that picture in, but not an all white topic. In the end it doesn't really even matter, like at all, I just wish we could all stay on topic. I will disregard your request for me to never quote you again and continue to quote you if and when I see fit, so far it has happened twice in the history of the boards, so please don't get your panties in a bunch.

dave-silverman.jpg

Redskins = should not.

5001218.jpg

I believe what he was trying to point out is the Redskin's much better looking white uniform. Instead of simply pasting the ugly all white outfit he decided to make the forum more lively by showing the world how it should be done. #HTTR

Redskins = should not.

5001218.jpg

I think you missed the point of the original post man. Ah alas, a classic misunderstanding. Don't worry, no need to reply, I understand that these things happen.

(And 3 times now actually btw.... but hey, who's counting.)

90758391980.gif

couldn't disagree more...the high white striped socks are a lost art...the browns, pats and bears are the last ones carrying it on...in the past you had the ravens, eagles, chargers sporting them as well...frankly the dark pant/same color sock is played out and the dark pant/contrasting sock (bengals) doesn't always look good either.

The Chiefs, Dolphins, Redskins and Jets wear white w/stripes socks with their dark pants too. (Of course, the Jets completely F it up by wearing those same white socks with their white pants... looks nasty) But I agree with you... White socks with a stripe under dark road pants, especially when the stripe matches one on the jersey (Bears, Redskins, Chiefs) is one of the best looks in football.

Agreed 100%. Really a shame that the Browns dropped the orange pants in favor of their psuedo-retro look. That was one of the best uniform combos in the league.

IMO, if any team can get their pants to match their helmet, it improves the look...which is why teams with white helmets tend to look pretty good combined with white pants, even in an all-white look.

Agree 100% with both statements,

I've said on multiple occasions that a team's helmet/pants should match, and their jersey/socks should match.

That's also why I am not usually against the monochrome look (as long as everything is the same color).

If that's not the route a team goes, I've also liked when a teams helmet/socks match while their jersey/pants match.

(One of my favorite combos for the Browns in Madden was Orange helmet/white jersey/white pants/orange socks. Created a nice balance, IMO.)

|Β BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANSΒ |

Β 

That looks awful. That 70's disco orange Browns' pants only belong with the brown jersey. The white jersey/orange pants combo just doesn't look like the Cleveland Browns at all. Plus, the Brian Sipe era is nothing to be proud of.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Archived