"New" Duke shorts

bigwalk

I don't understand the new obsession with making basketball shorts lighter when the players wear them past their knees. It seems like cutting a few inches off the bottom would get rid of more weight than making holes in the material. If players are so concerned with their shorts weighing too much, why not just go back to shorter shorts?

That see thru is horrible! It's a ok concept (lighter, breathable) but when you can tell if the kid is wearing boxers or briefs that's a problem...

Well, to be fair, they'll probably be wearing ProCombat padded compression shorts underneath...

I don't understand the new obsession with making basketball shorts lighter when the players wear them past their knees. It seems like cutting a few inches off the bottom would get rid of more weight than making holes in the material. If players are so concerned with their shorts weighing too much, why not just go back to shorter shorts?

YES! Good observation!

Well, I can tell you one thing: No Duke basketball player is going to go commando during a game, that's for damn sure.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Is this the material that the Bobcats jerseys were supposed to be made out of???

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, I can tell you one thing: No Duke basketball player is going to go commando during a game, that's for damn sure.

All the players wear compression shorts underneath the basketball shorts anyway, so I don't know why everyone is making a fuss about the holes.

Seriously? Have you ever played basketball before? Or, I don't know...run and had a penis at the same time?

The only design difference between these and the ones they've worn for years (that I can see) is that there's no ball and hoop in the middle of the D. Hardly anything to get too excited about.

Yeah that's the only difference I see too

The only design difference between these and the ones they've worn for years (that I can see) is that there's no ball and hoop in the middle of the D. Hardly anything to get too excited about.

I think it's actually a substantial difference. The rebradning is making this particular D (no hoop, no Devil head), the official university logo. It's a small change on the shorts, but a fairly substantial one around campus...and it's a change a good number of fans are not happy about.

I think it's actually a substantial difference. The rebradning is making this particular D (no hoop, no Devil head), the official university logo. It's a small change on the shorts, but a fairly substantial one around campus...and it's a change a good number of fans are not happy about.

It is an extremely substantial difference. And one that must be rectified. (While we are at it, we need to get the black off of the white and blue jerseys). The Duke Basketball logo with the ball and hoop (no Devil head has ever appeared on a uniform) dates back to 1973.

Short shorts look ridiculous. This isn't 1970 or something, back when basketball players wore daisy dukes. Unless nerds like Steve Urkel decided to play basketball there's no reason to wear them short.

It's something with people around here, they get all pissed off because athletes want to wear long shorts or pants. It's like that with every sport. I can't even begin to count the number of times I see "baseball players need to wear stirrups or high socks." Who cares?

It is an extremely substantial difference. And one that must be rectified. (While we are at it, we need to get the black off of the white and blue jerseys). The Duke Basketball logo with the ball and hoop (no Devil head has ever appeared on a uniform) dates back to 1973.

Extremely substantial? Based on the fact that the ball and hoop portion is removed? Extremely substantial. Come on.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Short shorts look ridiculous. This isn't 1970 or something, back when basketball players wore daisy dukes. Unless nerds like Steve Urkel decided to play basketball there's no reason to wear them short.

It's something with people around here, they get all pissed off because athletes want to wear long shorts or pants. It's like that with every sport. I can't even begin to count the number of times I see "baseball players need to wear stirrups or high socks." Who cares?

Apparently you do, to have felt so moved to have made that remark. And apparently, "they" do as well, for them to have said the things you said they said.

See how that works?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived