Your Idea of a Mega-Conference

YessSir32

Lakes & Plains was this guy :D

I do wish that Mizzou was in the B1G, though. I'd prefer them over Nebraska because athletically, they're more well-rounded. But beggars can't be choosers.

Awesome! I love the idea. Makes so much more since than Legends and Leaders, they completely swung and missed.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got this crazy idea for nation-wide re-alignment. Say goodbye to stupid 20-team conferences with 5 teams from Florida, a team for Virginia and some from out west. It consists of four, 24-team conferences, split into four 6-team divisions. This is how I see the alignment going:

Northeast Conference

North Division: Army, Boston College, Connecticut, Navy, Penn State, Syracuse

South Division: Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech, West Virginia

East Division: Cincinnati, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, Villanova

West Division: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Ohio State

Northwest Conference

North Division: Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Washington, Washington State, Wisconsin

South Division: BYU, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, Utah, Utah State

East Division: Boise State, Colorado, Colorado State, Fresno State, Idaho, Missouri

West Division: California, Nevada, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UNLV

Southeast Conference

North Division: Clemson, Duke, NC State, North Carolina, South Carolina, Wake Forest

South Division: Central Florida, Florida, FIU, Florida State, Miami, South Florida

East Division: Georgia, Georgia Tech, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

West Division: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Troy, UAB

Southwest Conferece

North Division: Air Force, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Wyoming

South Division: New Mexico, New Mexico State, Rice, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

East Division: Houston, Louisiana Tech, San Diego State, SMU, TCU, UTEP

West Division: Arizona, Arizona State, Hawai'i, San Jose State, UCLA, USC

All teams play divisional opponents once per season (5 division games, 7 non-divisional games). All division winners (based on overall W-L, then division W-L, then head-to-head) make BCS bowls (8 bowls: Rose, Fiesta, Cotton, Orange, Empire Bowl in Yankee Stadium, International Bowl in Toronto, Sugar, and BCS National Championship). All of those bowls are 1 a day from 1/1 (Rose) to 1/8 (BCS National Championship). The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place teams play in non-BCS bowls, three a day from 12/23 to 12/31 (no games on 12/25). Teams would play other teams with equal or similar (give or take one or two wins depending on the bowl eligible teams) overall records. The 5th and 6th place teams in each division play "exhibition" games against other 5th and 6th place teams at one of their home fields, so all 96 teams have played 13 games (even these games could be omitted). I need a life :P. I probably will post pictures of the divisional alignment later.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

I was entertaining at the thought of the Big Ten expanding. I came up with this conference and felt like sharing. May do other conferences too. Please post your ideas for any conference alignment. The division names Lakes and Plains was suggested by someone on these boards and not my idea. So here is my B1G.

b1g.png

Swap Purdue and Pitt, and it looks good. Purdue/Notre and and Pitt/Penn State are better rivalries anyway.

Big XII is dissolved. ACC merges with the split-off Big East football schools to become new conference. Big East becomes basketball only, keeps b-ball touney qualifer. New ACC-Big East merger takes ACC auto qualifier.

The Big Ten tends to want schools in the Association of American Universities.

SEC

East: WVirg, SCar, UGA, Fla, FlaSt, Tenn, Vandy, Kent

West: Bama, Aub, Ole Miss, MissSt, LSU, Ark, Mizzou, TexAM

Pac

Coastal: Wash, WashSt, Ore, OreSt, Cal, Stan, UCLA, USC

Frontier: Ariz, ArizSt, Utah, Colo, Okla, OklaSt, Kan, KState

B16

Legends: Iowa, Mich, MichSt, Nwestern, Neb, Minny, IowaSt, Illi

Leaders: OhSt, PennSt, Indi, Purdue, Wisc, Maryland, Virginia, Rutgers

Atlantic East (or something new)

North: Wake, Duke, UNC, NCState, Cincy, VA Tech, Cuse, Uconn

South: TexTech, Baylor, TCU, USF, Miami, GATech, Clem, Lville

Independent

Texas, Notre Dame

SEC:

East

Kentucky

Florida

Georgia

South Carolina

West Virginia (Because it makes more sense for them to leave the Big East than Virginia Tech leaving the ACC)

Tennessee

Vanderbilt

Cincinnati (Makes sense because this will allow them to add and extra state) (Clemson is too close to South Carolina and Florida State will not come here because of Florida.

West

Alabama

Arkansas

Auburn

LSU

Mississippi State

Ole Miss

Texas A&M

Missouri (ideally, but probably won't happen)

spacer.png

I got this crazy idea for nation-wide re-alignment. Say goodbye to stupid 20-team conferences with 5 teams from Florida, a team for Virginia and some from out west. It consists of four, 24-team conferences, split into four 6-team divisions. This is how I see the alignment going:

Northeast Conference

South Division: Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech, West Virginia

West Division: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Ohio State

Northwest Conference

North Division: Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Washington, Washington State, Wisconsin

East Division: Boise State, Colorado, Colorado State, Fresno State, Idaho, Missouri

Southeast Conference

North Division: Clemson, Duke, NC State, North Carolina, South Carolina, Wake Forest

South Division: Central Florida, Florida, FIU, Florida State, Miami, South Florida

East Division: Georgia, Georgia Tech, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

Southwest Conferece

South Division: New Mexico, New Mexico State, Rice, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

All teams play divisional opponents once per season (5 division games, 7 non-divisional games). All division winners (based on overall W-L, then division W-L, then head-to-head) make BCS bowls (8 bowls: Rose, Fiesta, Cotton, Orange, Empire Bowl in Yankee Stadium, International Bowl in Toronto, Sugar, and BCS National Championship). All of those bowls are 1 a day from 1/1 (Rose) to 1/8 (BCS National Championship). The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place teams play in non-BCS bowls, three a day from 12/23 to 12/31 (no games on 12/25). Teams would play other teams with equal or similar (give or take one or two wins depending on the bowl eligible teams) overall records. The 5th and 6th place teams in each division play "exhibition" games against other 5th and 6th place teams at one of their home fields, so all 96 teams have played 13 games (even these games could be omitted). I need a life :P. I probably will post pictures of the divisional alignment later.

It may work better with a Central and a Western division instead of Northwest and Southwest. This is just a technicality, but it kind of proves that the naming conventions wouldn't work too well if they're geographically-based. Nebraska, Mizzou, Iowa, Kansas, etc. are not Northwestern states haha. Western could fix all the Texas schools, while Central keeps Minnesota out of a conference that has nothing to do with their geography (travel would suck for schools like that).

Northeast Conference

Northwest Conference

Southeast Conference

Southwest Conferece

It may work better with a Central and a Western division instead of Northwest and Southwest. This is just a technicality, but it kind of proves that the naming conventions wouldn't work too well if they're geographically-based. Nebraska, Mizzou, Iowa, Kansas, etc. are not Northwestern states haha. Western could fix all the Texas schools, while Central keeps Minnesota out of a conference that has nothing to do with their geography (travel would suck for schools like that).

That's true. I just thought having the conferences named after regions would make it seem more uniform, more professional. I had a picture on my computer (I think I deleted it though) of the U.S. split so I could have a reference as to which conference to put certain states. The way I had it, Kansas and the mid-western schools fell into the Northwest region so that's why they ended up in the Northwestern Conference.

EDIT: It's like TCU. Last time I checked, northeasterm Texas isn't technically northeastern United States :P.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Here's Something Interesting. Why not 8 conferences throughout the FBS? North, South, East, West, North Atlantic, Southeast, Central, Southwest. There will be 15 teams per conference, except for the Southwestern with 13 and Central conference with 12 teams. Every team within a state will play each other once, this does not apply to teams with no other teams within their state. That rule also will not apply for Texas, as each Texas team will not have played 5 of the teams from their state.Then play an amount of other teams from their conference that adds up to 8 games. Then the teams will play 4 out of conference games. There will be 32 regular bowl games. Plus, the 5 BCS games. Every conference is guranteed atleast 2 teams in a bowl. The number 1 and 2 ranked teams, will play eachother for the national champioship.

North: Minnesota, C.Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Toledo, Notre Dame, Northern Illinois, Western Michigan, Ohio State, Ohio, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Akron, Buffalo

South: All 10 teams in Texas, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Louisiana Tech, UL Lafeyette, and UL Monore.

East: All 5 Florida Teams, all 4 Alabama teams, all 3 Mississippi teams, Georgia Tech,Georgia, and Wake Forest.

West: All 7 California teams, Oregon State, Oregon, Washington, Washington State, Nevada, UNLV, Boise State, Hawaii.

Southeast: LSU, Tulane, Arkansas, Arkansas State, all 4 Tennessee teams, Missouri, Clemson, South Carolina, ECU, Duke, UNC.

North Atlantic: Virginia, Virginia Tech, Maryland, Boston College, Syracuse, Rutgers, UConn, NC State, Cinncinati, Marshall, Navy, West Virginia, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami(OH).

Central: Iowa, Iowa State, Illinois, Eastern Michigan, Purdue, Indiana, North Western, Bowling Green, Ball State, Kent State, Kansas, Kansas State.

Southwestern: Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Utah State, BYU, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Wyoming, Air Force, Colorado, Colorado State.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Big XII is dissolved. ACC merges with the split-off Big East football schools to become new conference. Big East becomes basketball only, keeps b-ball touney qualifer. New ACC-Big East merger takes ACC auto qualifier.

The Big Ten tends to want schools in the Association of American Universities.

SEC

East: WVirg, SCar, UGA, Fla, FlaSt, Tenn, Vandy, Kent

West: Bama, Aub, Ole Miss, MissSt, LSU, Ark, Mizzou, TexAM

Pac

Coastal: Wash, WashSt, Ore, OreSt, Cal, Stan, UCLA, USC

Frontier: Ariz, ArizSt, Utah, Colo, Okla, OklaSt, Kan, KState

B16

Legends: Iowa, Mich, MichSt, Nwestern, Neb, Minny, IowaSt, Illi

Leaders: OhSt, PennSt, Indi, Purdue, Wisc, Maryland, Virginia, Rutgers

Atlantic East (or something new)

North: Wake, Duke, UNC, NCState, Cincy, VA Tech, Cuse, Uconn

South: TexTech, Baylor, TCU, USF, Miami, GATech, Clem, Lville

Independent

Texas, Notre Dame

Pics:

B1G

SEC

PAC

ACC/Big East

SEC:

East

Kentucky

Florida

Georgia

South Carolina

West Virginia (Because it makes more sense for them to leave the Big East than Virginia Tech leaving the ACC)

Tennessee

Vanderbilt

Cincinnati (Makes sense because this will allow them to add and extra state) (Clemson is too close to South Carolina and Florida State will not come here because of Florida.

West

Alabama

Arkansas

Auburn

LSU

Mississippi State

Ole Miss

Texas A&M

Missouri (ideally, but probably won't happen)

Pic- SEC

Archived