Indians block C: current vs early 80's

chakfu

Not to mention, for a money reasons the red hats have been selling like crazy ever since they were unveiled.

Got a link to back that claim? I'd love to see it, cause I'm not buying it. Maybe I'm wrong.

Just go to a game. You see them everywhere.

That doesn't justify your "the red hats have been selling like crazy ever since they were unveiled" comment nor give it any credibility. Red is a brighter color and your eyes will naturally notice it in a crowd over the color navy. This is why it may seem that they are everywhere. You gotta show actual sales numbers to prove that claim. :P

1. I didn't make the initial comment about the hats selling like crazy... read the quoted text.

2. It DOES justify the comment. Go to a game... you see them everywhere. Did the Indians have a "Red hat block C give away day"? No. Therefore, people are buying them. If lots of people are buying them... then they are selling like crazy.

...I can't believe I just had to explain that.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I might be the only person that likes the cursive "I" mark better than the block "C". Something about it's shape and uniqueness I guess.

No, you're not the only one. I really liked the scripted feather "I" cap and LOVED the uniform it was originally worn with.

indians_vest.png

Those were sharp.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

ESTONES6...i suggest you read mine too. Red hats are going to pop up to the eye a lot more than navy. Therefore, it may seem like they're everywhere, but in reality, they are not. So no, your comment is not valid proof they are as popular as you say they are. I'm sure there are people that like them, but I want to see actual sales numbers to back that up.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

ESTONES6...i suggest you read mine too. Red hats are going to pop up to the eye a lot more than navy. Therefore, it may seem like they're everywhere, but in reality, they are not. So no, your comment is not valid proof they are as popular as you say they are. I'm sure there are people that like them, but I want to see actual sales numbers to back that up.

So when I walk around the stadium and see more Red hats than Blue hats... its just the sun playing tricks with my eyes? Sure, red my pop more... but I can still see navy.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

You really don't think so? I'd put it up there with the Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs, White Sox. Probably ahead of the Cardinals.

No, but then I'm wondering if my age may have something to do with it. Maybe among the younger crowd the Braves' hats are every bit as iconic as the rest. From my perspective, the Braves have been bad longer than they've been good. And, they've changed their look a few times over the course of my "fanhood." Someone 20+ years younger than me only knows them as good and wearing these same uniforms and hats. It's all relative I guess.

It's pretty darn close to iconic status, though since there aren't really "tiers" of iconic, I can't put it in the same class as the Yankees or Dodgers or Tigers etc.) I'm old enough to remember them in royal and white as well, but the navy and red cap with the white A is really the only cap I ever think about or associate with the team. To take it a step farther, I'd say that they're the "owner" of navy crowns with red brims (at least in the NL, with the Indians "owning" it in the AL). When I see the Nationals or Twins with that look, it takes me a minute to adjust to not seeing the usual A on the crown.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm 24, so therefore you could count me in the "younger crowd." The Braves hat is instantly recognizable to someone who first started watching baseball in the early 90's. I think the same thing about their piping around the belt loops, when Texas did it, it looked contrived, almost blatantly copying the Braves. Atlanta, hands down, has an iconic look from top to bottom - not just their cap.

I would like to know what a thin white outline would do for the navy cap...

It would instantly take it from the top tier of MLB caps to the run-of-the-mill, mediocre level.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The hats are perfect right now I think. Love that they changed the home alt to red, matches the cream jerseys better just as the blue matches the aways.

Not to mention, for a money reasons the red hats have been selling like crazy ever since they were unveiled. Love them! best addition to the Indians uniform since the 90s redesign

The navy caps looked a lot better with the creams than the red ones do. It looks so out of place with entire set. The navy C looks awkward on the red background, nowhere near as good as the red C on the navy. The Indians are not a red first team. That's the other Ohio team. Honestly, I'd say they should be navy marks trimmed in red more than the Twins.

No, the red is much better with the cream. Look at the cream uniforms, what color is the wordmark? red. Numbers? red. Not to mention the chief wahoo logo is 80% red. The navy hats didn't match the cream, because there is barely any blue on those uniforms except for outlines. The grey are just the opposite, blue hats work because the wordmark, name, and numbers are blue

The belt, shoes, stirrups and undershirts for the cream uniforms? All navy.

I'd have no problem with the red hats if they were just fashion hats. They just have no business on the actual field. Every time I see them, I think, "What's the silly gimmick promotion today? Oh, it's a weekend home game."

And I've mentioned this several times before, but for the life of me, I cannot understand using two shades of navy. The midnight navy was good enough for a hundred years. That lighter navy didn't start appearing until '03. Totally unnecessary, especially when they have hats with the midnight again too.

Huge Cleveland sports fan here. I've really hated the new RED Block "C" hats for the longest time. However, they've grown on me immensely. I've had some correspondence on Twitter with Indians President Mark Shapiro about the "Cream Weekend/Holiday Uniform." I've noticed that some players, including Manager Manny Acta, Asdrubal Cabrera and Jack Hannahan, have began to wear RED undershirts and sleeves, instead of navy, and it makes the uniform look 100 times better. I've mentioned how much better they look with RED accents, instead of navy, and can only imagine how red belts and socks would also look. I mentioned this to Shapiro and he agreed and said red socks, belts, and shirts are very much in the works for next year with the cream colored uniforms.

I can't stand the red and black caps, they make the players look like matches to me. I love when they wear their alternates with the Wahoo, easily one of the best sets in baseball. The creme and red? Eh. It's grown on me as the season has moved along, as well as the block "C", but it's still not my favorite.

I will add though that the Stars and Stripes "C" this year is unbelievably good looking.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

I can't stand the red and black caps,

The Indians' red hats are red with a navy C, not black.

Looks black to me, which is probably a weakness of the design.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

I can't stand the red and black caps,

The Indians' red hats are red with a navy C, not black.

Looks black to me, which is probably a weakness of the design.

Nope. Same midnight navy used on the road caps and the home and away til the swich to light navy. Plus the same as many other teams use.

Archived