CCSLC Badges

raysox

Count me in as a supporter. I really love the idea. I was wondering if you could elaborate on a few things:

1)Does this mean that there is only one badge per team? In other words, lets say KevinMets makes this awesome Mets concept. 3 experienced users then say he deserves a badge. Once he gets the badge, can someone else post a Mets concept, again get 3 experienced users to say that he/she deserves a badge, and actually get the badge too? Does KevinMets's badge get stripped from him and go to the new guy, or do they both get a badge? Will it go the nomination thread for voting?

2) Let's say only one or two experienced users comment on a concept, but they REALLY think it deserves a badge. Is it fair to the concept creator that they make a concept that badge-worthy but are just caught in russian roulette or a game of musical chairs? Obviously not, but how do we prevent this?

3) Do past ideas count?

Thanks a lot in advance.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, i thought it was clear! Each badge you earn is yours forever. So pretty much, there would be tens of Winnepeg Jets ones, and have rare ones for teams like the Yankees. If people try to collect them all, then some become rare-er and we will get more variety. Concepts can be worked on, to earn a badge.

Take DP.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=82575&view=findpost&p=1632948

First post, kinda sloppy...

Then at the end, that everyone is badge worthy.

I plan on making some mystery ones that people have to unlock.

there would be tens of Winnepeg Jets ones, and have rare ones for teams like the Yankees

Do you mean that a good Yankees concept is harder to make than a good Jets concept? or would it be a rule that some teams have a higher standard? If so, how do you declare some team has a higher standard than another?

Honestly I think this idea has a lot of potential. But I think the best way for it to work would be if there was a big thread about it that is run by a bunch of 'vote givers' and anyone who thinks they have a good concept could post in it. While it would attract a lot of trolls, I think that it could be much more effective if there is a thread because a lot of good concepts go unnoticed, especially those that are a single concept in a series.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Yeah, a Yankees badge should be harder to get because not a lot of people take a risk to try to change up the Yankees. Most concepts that try to change up the Yankees are usually bad, so a good Yankees concept that mixes things up is hard to do. A Jets badge would probably be easy to get because the Jets current jerseys look bad and almost every concept is an upgrade.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Honestly I think this idea has a lot of potential. But I think the best way for it to work would be if there was a big thread about it that is run by a bunch of 'vote givers' and anyone who thinks they have a good concept could post in it. While it would attract a lot of trolls, I think that it could be much more effective if there is a thread because a lot of good concepts go unnoticed, especially those that are a single concept in a series.

I agree with that. Did anyone ever notice how when someone starts a redeisgn series, there are many comments on it? It usually goes into the second page. Once there are 4 or 5 teams completed in the series, the number of comments you get are only two or three. I would support a page for nomination and voting.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I'm on my phone, but I finished the MLB, and I'll post them in a database thread. But I'm still considering the process still. I want some sort of judging so it's not just handing them out. I'll ask some people from here on Facebook on ideas, but this isn't completely final.

I'll do NFL next, but I'm open for suggestions for hockey and basketball

Neat idea for sure. Certainly might induce more feedback and promote good work.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Archived