Houston Texans Rebrand

GriffinM6

Psst! Check your spelling of "Houston" in the thread title.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I think the HT logo is a pretty good start. What I would try is instead of having the T underneath the crossbar of the H, why not just make the top line of the T the crossbar of the H? Hopefully that makes sense. I would look at that, and than drop the horns of the H and just leave them on the T, because it's looking a little top heavy right now. Good start though!

The H in the star looks a tad to much like the Cowboys logo. Can't see Dallas being too pleased with that.

There is distinction though. Dallas' is just a star while Houston's is a star with horns and an "H" i nthe middle.

While you're right there is a difference between the two I dont think it's distinct enough to be called a distinction. Dallas pretty much own stars in football and there's no real way round that. I think what's needed is something boldly different, especially when the two teams are so close to each other geographically you want as big a difference aesthetically as you can get so there is no confusion whatsoever. With the logo you've created right now people may get the impression that the Houston franchise is a minor league or feeder team for Dallas because they have the star on thier helmet but it's just been modified slightly.

The wordmark and the alternate have the potential to be pretty strong marks with a bit of refinement, but I think in order to give/keep Houstons identity unique I'd look at losing the star from the primary.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I really think this is going somewhere. You should try to trace these onto a computer and trace them somehow.

As for the drawing, I think you should do what chickenfish13 suggested.

I drew what Chickenfish suggested, and it just didn't look right. The "H" looked like it had arms. And I made a bull head for the primary, I will have those pics up tommorrow.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

You don't need a poll for the color scheme, you can pick it yourself. All the poll is going to do is bump the thread, and make people mad.

As for the concept, it's not bad, but uninspired. I like the monogram logo, but the primary really needs to go. Besides being similar to Dallas, it's a bit boring. Try the bull head idea someone mentioned. I like the effort you're putting into this though, keep at it!

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

You've got something going with the 'HT' Logo, I think the H-star looks too much like the Cowboys logo with an H and horns on it. That being said, AnythingChicago's idea of a brown/rust orange scheme is pretty good. I've also seen some pretty good Texans concepts with a brown/tan scheme.

I actually love what they currently have-- but my biggest issue is with the color scheme. Too similar to Dallas-- and half the NFL (two primaries and white). I would explore the brown/rust combo as well, as it may help separate them from Dallas a bit more-- though I agree, anything with a star and football is the Dallas Cowboys to me. I would stay away from that as much as possible.

My basic issue with the schemes you have right now are this: they aren't regionally specific. Brown/rust says Texas-- purple and yellow says LA Lakers or LSU. I hope that makes sense, basically I would stick with natural tones and "Texas" colors, it can really make this an interesting logo.

Archived