2011 Heisman Thread

thespleenenator

Well, the first BCS rankings are going to come out next week. So I figured now is about the time when we can start seriously talking about the Heisman.

May Top 5

1. RG3

2.Andrew Luck

3.Russell Wilson

4.Tyron Mathieu

5.LaMichael James

Your thoughts?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Trent Richardson would be my number 6.

Also, I'm gonna throw in some people who might not win, but should deserve some recognition.

In no particular order:

Keith Price

Nick Foles

Kellen Moore

Ray Graham

Robert Woods

Kendall Wright

Deon Long (The guy is putter up great numbers for the worst team in the nation. Give him some props)

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Joe Bauserman has it on lock this year

Without a doubt. GO BUCKS! B)

I came in here with the intention to write that Joe Bauserman should win the bizzarro-Heisman.

Is Bauserman worse than the likes of MarQueis Gray or Max Shortell, or are we ignoring them because they play for a terrible team? I feel like they could make a case for trumping Bauserman in the suck department.

Joe Bauserman has it on lock this year

Without a doubt. GO BUCKS! B)

I came in here with the intention to write that Joe Bauserman should win the bizzarro-Heisman.

Is Bauserman worse than the likes of MarQueis Gray or Max Shortell, or are we ignoring them because they play for a terrible team? I feel like they could make a case for trumping Bauserman in the suck department.

Nah, MarQuies Gray can run the football, and at least he has some potential. Bauserman just plain sucks. Ryan Katz could be put in the mix as well.

And DCDuck, Case gets no love because he plays for a team that throws the ball about 50 times per game, and he plays crappy teams. Of course he's going to have great stats.

And DCDuck, Case gets no love because he plays for a team that throws the ball about 50 times per game, and he plays crappy teams. Of course he's going to have great stats.

That didn't stop Matt Leinart from winning it back when the Pac-10 was The USC & Associates Conference.

I see no love for Lattimore, which makes sense given that he's slowed down the past couple of weeks. I expect that the emergence of Connor Shaw, Alshon Jeffery, and a decent passing game will fix that. Dude's a beast, and teams having to worry about the Gamecocks actually passing the ball will give him room to run again. After the first couple weeks, everyone started stacking the box against him... every play, knowing it was going to be a run... every play.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Well, Lattimore is out for the season, and Denard Robinson looks like he might have destroyed his heisman hopes. I still put Griffen first, even though they lost. When you throw for 430 yards and 3 td's, you can't be blamed if your team loses by 27.

RG3 should be considered no matter what, Baylor doesn't lose games because of a poor performance by RG3 they lose because their defense s**ts the bed. Heisman is a Individual award, people lose sight of that when a Team loses.

spacer.png

In no order:

The Honey Badger

The New Badger

The Train of Pain

President of the Suck for Luck Campaign

RG3

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I really hope LMJ has a great day against Colorado. Even though many people are counting him out, the one thing you have to remember is this: 9 yrds per carry. For 95 carries. That's crazy, especially since the past few games he's played, he's averaging about 22 attempts per game. Also, It look like Luck is finally putting up the humber we expected him to. I would now consider him Heisman worthy.

That didn't stop Matt Leinart from winning it back when the Pac-10 was The USC & Associates Conference.

and how's he doing in the pros?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived