New Kansas City Scouts logo

GeorgesL

I have been trying for months to design a new logo for the Kansas City Scouts, but to no avail. So I decided to start from scratch, and give the Scouts a whole new identity, but keep the concept of what the team was named after. I tried using their past colour scheme, but didn't work, so I tried something else. I wanted to keep it simple, but not to offend the Native Americans, and just use the whole statue itself, and put it inside a navy blue circle with baby blue trim, and added an off-white colour for that vintage feel. Here is a comparison between the 1974 logo and the proposed 2012 logo:

1974:

hyhk1nf6yl2e5aflm7sxagthl.gif

2012:

KansasCityScouts2012.png

Uniforms to follow...

Double-blue and vintage white in a roundel. Unique idea. Nobody else is doing that.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Double-blue and vintage white in a roundel. Unique idea. Nobody else is doing that.

-Orange and blue: Oilers and Isles

-Blue and white: Leafs and Bolts (thin black outline doesn't count)

-Blue and red: Habs, Cats, Caps, Rags, Jackets

-Gold and black: Bs and old Pens

-Red and black: Canes, Hawks, Devils

I like the idea, but I'd scratch the vintage white. Also, try to add more dimension to the statue like with the old one.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I live traced the whole thing to make it look presentable. Especially the Scout statue. I would've had to draw the thing by hand. That would take more time. Anyway, I decided to change the colour scheme. I ditched the off-white, per C&C, and replaced the baby blue with bronze, to match the statue, and red.

KansasCityScoutslogo2012B.png

The reason being is that I did a Nordiques' concept a while back, and used the double blue scheme. I didn't want two concepts with the same colour scheme.

Plus I added a 2nd logo:

KCScouts2ndlogo.png

Off the bat, I'm leaning towards using the Oilers' old uniforms, but the Oilers are still using the home jerseys as an alternate. So I will use something else.

I have been trying for months to design a new logo for the Kansas City Scouts, but to no avail. So I decided to start from scratch, and give the Scouts a whole new identity, but keep the concept of what the team was named after. I tried using their past colour scheme, but didn't work, so I tried something else. I wanted to keep it simple, but not to offend the Native Americans, and just use the whole statue itself, and put it inside a navy blue circle with baby blue trim, and added an off-white colour for that vintage feel. Here is a comparison between the 1974 logo and the proposed 2012 logo:

1974:

hyhk1nf6yl2e5aflm7sxagthl.gif

2012:

KansasCityScouts2012.png

Uniforms to follow...

So the Panthers are moving to KC next season LOL.

The bronze is a definite improvement over the baby blue!! I like your roundel statue primary and arrowhead secondary logo, but it would be cool to see the angluar "KC" logo (to the right of the statue it the original logo) in your bronze/navy color combo....

I also did another version where I replaced the Scout statue with a mohawk profile. (If you recall, upon awarding of the franchise, the Scouts were originally going to be called the "Mohawks", but couldn't due to the objection from the Chicago Black Hawks.)

KCScoutsprimarylogo.png

I believe this looks better than the statue. But what about you guys?

I like the statue much more than just the head (and really, if the University of North Dakota is being forced to remove their Native American imagery, I can't imagine another headshot being accepted, no matter how PC it is).

I wish there were more movement in the statue look though, it looks like that Scout is on a coffee break, looking kinda confused. Maybe it's the drawing, maybe it's the statue itself.

The original scouts logo has a real sense of being impressive, of even intimidation. This one lacks that. It's TOO stoic. It's baseball-like. I'm thinking you should change it to something with a different perspective, or something with a little more motion or intimidation to it

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Redesigning the KC Scouts is hard work, for I've been trying to do it for months. I like what I have so far, however as I was trying to reinvent the Scouts, I learned something. There is nothing greater than a vintage logo that captures the eye of the sports fan. Now if you want to REALLY enjoy a Scouts' concept, I believe this one tops them all:

Logo.png

Logo-2.png

Logo-3.png

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

'dgnmrwrw' is a friggin' genius. I love this concept. :notworthy:

Archived